Cyberbullies and bullies page 2

138 posts

Flag Post

Bullies – I was bullied much more as a little kid, when I was a tattle-tale and a whiner. I went from the little Christian public school to a public school, and learned how to deal with the lowlifes. Then I discovered they’re actually cowards. Funny how swinging your fists around like an animal when someone disagrees with you makes you a man, but they can never accept when they’re wrong, and aren’t brave enough to suck it up and apologize. You shouldn’t hate them, you should pity them. In my case, I’ve gotten into some fights, not a lot, some almost got physical (a few I should have made physical), but only once had to go to a guy’s face and just say sorry… then shake hands (weren’t sure what else to do). It can be a bit awkward sometimes, but it will feel worth it, trust me.

Cyberbullies – Not a real problem. Just learn how to handle it. Just like regular bullying, learn what makes them feel satisfied, and don’t do it. Leave if you have to.

@ISWATLLAMA,
Is your name I Swat Llamas, or Is What Llama? I’m curious.

Flag Post

My name is SWATLLAMA. I put the L in lower case since someone apparently stole my name to troll me. Yes, I know they were doing it to troll me since I actually talked with the person on a multiplayer game who did it. Then I kicked his ass in a duel.
I got the name idea one night. It was around four in the morning… I was tired. I was happy. I’d just finished a hard night of gaming, drinking almost 2 gallons of soda, and eating a bag of tortilla chips at a party. By myself. It was oh…. 5 years ago? Maybe 4. But what came into my head was a bipedal llama with an assault rifle, a belt of ammo around him, and a SWAT team uniform on.

Did your private school really have fewer bullies? I thought they’d have more.
When I was a likkle llama and on the playground I’d rough up the bullies early on so that they’d stay away from me. It worked – but they went after my friends instead, so I was always fighting. Good thing the teachers watching us were lazy. :)
As for cyber-bullying… put down the damn phone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lSWATLLAMA:

Now, real bullying is a problem. Bullies should have a record put on them and not be allowed to reproduce and create more bullies.

Now there’s an idea. It would never fly, but I can’t say I would be against it. Why let assholes populate the planet?

Flag Post

:D Thanks.
I hope people didn’t think I was joking there though. I was serious.

Flag Post

I get bullied a lot in real life and online, mostly because I’m fat, I stand out, and I don’t have the best social skills. I try to accept it though, because it’s just part of my life.

Flag Post

Bullies should have a record put on them and not be allowed to reproduce and create more bullies.

Just curious. Is it more likely to become a bully when your parents were, or does it (also) have other factors?

Flag Post

Good question, Dark. I think the way parents would really pass down bullying is either if they are actively encouraging their kids to be bullies (“Go kick that little kid’s ass.”) or if the child is witnessing domestic violence (a type of bullying) and thinking that is an acceptable way to act or be treated. And also, I personally believe that if parents spoil the child and raise them to feel entitled, that can also breed a little bullying because they are not being taught empathy and to respect the feelings/boundaries of others.

Flag Post

Everything boils down to genetics. Genetics cause all this shit. Of course, the way one is raised also contributes, but the base is genetics.

Flag Post

i think people who get bullied should have a record put on them and not be allowed to reproduce. i’d say it has about as much chance of solving the issue.

Flag Post

There was somehting on the news that I think would fit nicely into this thread…

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mom-says-teacher-had-students-slap-her-son-125436070—abc-news-topstories.html

So basically, a teacher in Texas had the 24 students in her class line up and slap a bully one by one. The mother wants “justice to be served” for her son. The teacher was fired, but the mother wants it so that the teacher “can never step foot inside another classroom again.” There are people who defend the teacher and say that the mother is a bad parent for not stopping her son from becoming a bully.

There were a lot of mixed reactions to this story. What do you think?

Flag Post

The link doesn’t work for me, so I’ll take an objective stance here.

Bullies are the scum of the Earth, but one must be careful when “punishing” a bully. Is it the real bully? Or just a victim of the real bully? It was a bad move, sure, as I don’t know if the person being slapped was the real bully. If it was, good for him. If it wasn’t, then there was an innocent person involved. With the latter being a chance, other measures should be taken. I’ve said this before, but classes should do more about bullying by teaching about it. Teaching the bullies to see that, hey, the other kids actually have feelings like them! Teaching the bullied that, hey, you can just say “no u” and go somewhere else.

Flag Post

it’s not really the bullies’ fault. and i’m serious. the amount of teenagers that are guilty of bullying is probably over 50%.

the problem is the education system (yes, here i go again). there are three known institutions where bullying is common. i know it can happen in the work-place as well, but it isn’t the norm there; it doesn’t pervade over all workflours.

those three are mandatory school, prison and old people nursery homes. why is it exactly those three places? because people get randomly grouped and forced to spend most of their day with other people they have no relation to besides maybe age, without having any real control over this. THAT’s what creates bullying; THAT’s where the blame should fall.

Flag Post

Omega, there’s two different issues we need to separate here. Namely:

1. Who/what is to blame?
2. How can we best solve it?

I think you’re mostly focusing on the second part while naming it the first. You can solve it by not putting people at random with each other. I think of simple solutions such as having an introduction week or so and putting people together that like each other most. However, you really want to put blame here too, and that’s where I interfere. You may be right that the inferior education system creates bullies. But bullying wouldn’t exist without those bullies, and there are still people that do not become bullies. The bullies are to blame for the bullying, while the education system may or may not be blamed for causing people to become bullies in the first place. Consider it blaming the direct cause.

Flag Post

yes i have been bullied and it was not fun and i almost committed suicide b/c of it :(

Flag Post

well i would rather blame the original cause. if you expose people to the conditions that would make them evil bastards, you can’t put it on them what you made them be.

and what’s the use in blaming the majority?

habitual bullies are usually the leaders of minority groups picking on even smaller minority groups to assert dominance, so they don’t feel threatened by the majority. usually they are or were themselves victims of bullying as well, and do what they think it takes to elevate them from that position.

Flag Post

I was always the one being bullied in middle and high school. I do not want to dwell on it though. And may i ask, What is this “One size fits all”
thing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:
Originally posted by lSWATLLAMA:

Now, real bullying is a problem. Bullies should have a record put on them and not be allowed to reproduce and create more bullies.

Now there’s an idea. It would never fly, but I can’t say I would be against it. Why let assholes populate the planet?

it might have been justified bullying
there children might not be bullies
on average 1 in 5 children in the us admit being a bully or doing some bullying
so 20% of the united states wouldnt be allowed to reproduce
this is just a horrible idea

Flag Post

it might have been justified bullying

?

there children might not be bullies

Agreed.

so 20% of the united states wouldnt be allowed to reproduce
this is just a horrible idea

The idea just gained my respect!

In all seriousness, it will be fairly hard to get this idea done, and even if you do manage to get people to agree “bullies” shouldn’t have children, you’re probably only taking a very minor step in trying to remove bullying from society.

Flag Post

i agree with that
it would barely fix the problem of bullying at all
it would only enrage the population

Flag Post
The idea just gained my respect!

lol at that.

Flag Post

…classes should do more about bullying by teaching about it. Teaching the bullies to see that, hey, the other kids actually have feelings like them! Teaching the bullied that, hey, you can just say “no u” and go somewhere else.

I don’t know how much that would actually help, but you’re right that there’s a difference behind some petty kid who bullies because he’s hurting, or a real lowlife, possibly sociopath.

Flag Post

Once I was bullied,

Then I fought back like a demon and the bullies decided there were other, easier targets to bully.

I redirected their attentions to another kid.

Now me and my former bullies are verbally gangbanging the kid.

Flag Post

Now me and my former bullies are verbally gangbanging the kid.

Is your goal in serious discussion to make yourself out to be the worst person or something? I keep on thinking you’re joking, because people like you almost can’t exist.

I don’t know how much that would actually help, but you’re right that there’s a difference behind some petty kid who bullies because he’s hurting, or a real lowlife, possibly sociopath.

It would help in the sense there’s a lower likelihood someone will start to bully and a lower likelihood a bullied person actually is affected. It doesn’t actually stop the problem, but lower the significance.

Flag Post

I’m not joking, just very logical.

And very selfish.

Flag Post

There’s nothing “logical” about it helltank, just cruel. Leave the poor damn kid alone. And quit trolling.