was earth visited by aliens????? page 2

160 posts

Flag Post

And the premise of this thread is absurd.

It isn’t absurd because of the content (well, yeah, it is) but more so because the author hasn’t provided proof or justification for any of the (pretty huge) claims they have made.

But that is not to say I don’t like a good hypothetical, but the author could have at least provided some sort of motivation.
I don’t see any gain in knowledge we could make by discussing this possibility.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArreatsChozen:

And the premise of this thread is absurd.

It isn’t absurd because of the content (well, yeah, it is) but more so because the author hasn’t provided proof or justification for any of the (pretty huge) claims they have made.

But that is not to say I don’t like a good hypothetical, but the author could have at least provided some sort of motivation.
I don’t see any gain in knowledge we could make by discussing this possibility.

well i got lazy i know if i was lazy i should have also provided proof i know that i shoulda provided some proof well am just a harry ass lazy person

Flag Post

UFO – Yes. Aliens – Maybe

If aliens visited they just scanned the planet collected datas and moved to the next solar system..

Flag Post

I’m not saying I fully believe in this but people have to admit that it is kind of weird that so many cultures all over the world pointed to specific stars in the sky and said THAT’S were our gods came from, many of them built structures to point to them or even mirror them, I don’t think it’s the best example but the pyramids of giza are one of those great structures.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wolf654:

I’m not saying I fully believe in this but people have to admit that it is kind of weird that so many cultures all over the world pointed to specific stars in the sky and said THAT’S were our gods came from, many of them built structures to point to them or even mirror them, I don’t think it’s the best example but the pyramids of giza are one of those great structures.

Well, they could have just picked the brightest and most noticeable thing and said, thats it! That’s where our E.T God phoned us! Plus, pretty much every culture had a sky/sun/moon/etc god, so… makes sense you would pick a big birhg tshiny thing in the sky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

I think there’s a lot of proof and we just don’t see it.

Sir, I think I’ve spotted your problem.

Isn’t the government hiding this from us? I was watching a History channel about this and they were talking about a few cases where the CIA confiscated evidence. They were also saying that a few of the idols resembled space equitment and a few legends suggest so.

Maby the alians were friendly and were willing to help us out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AirmanAlex:
Originally posted by orangesamurai:

well there just actually hiding the PROOF there just hiding it somewhere in a secret base where alot of people know about like area 51 there not a secret anymore

The only things there hiding at Area 51, are stealth fighters, combat drones, and spy planes…

Now think about it, in Cold War era conflicts, if you have a plane which nobody knows how to counter, or effectivly fight, and it gets shot down. Your enemy is going to go after it, so they can figure out how to blow them out of the skies easily! You don’t want that, so your going to retrieve it, and keep those secrets away from well area 51 also hide some secrets like alien tech and ships i saw some old pictures well i believe it’s 49% and 51% i don’t looks edited as all of the pics i saw in other parts of the internet well i don’t well am not sure if i would want to find area 51 when i grow up u know to discover those alien tech well if there are am just curios all of the stuff i see on the internet and stuffthe rest of the world.

Why should aliens be any diffirent?

Their “Spaceship Mig-21” crashes on a planet, with primitive technology compared to theres. Are you going to want those people reverse engineering your highly advanced, faster than light space ship? Hell no! they would most likely come down here and retrieve it, keeping it away from the rest of the universe! (If they can go faster than light, i assume they have the ability to retrieve some wreckage…)

Flag Post

lol i failed on that thing up there
but am just very curios on stuff when i grow up i just want to know if there are alien tech in there and stuff that goes in there u know aren’t u even curios about it????

THIS IS A REPLY TO AirmanAlex

Flag Post

Well, they could have just picked the brightest and most noticeable thing and said, thats it! That’s where our E.T God phoned us! Plus, pretty much every culture had a sky/sun/moon/etc god, so… makes sense you would pick a big birhg tshiny thing in the sky.

Well yea that’s probably true but it has been proven that some cultures have been pointing to stars for thousands of years that can only be seen through telescopes, and that to me is a little weird.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Yet, we still have the other theory that man once had an advanced civilization that is gone and here we are trying to catch up to them. I heard an archeologist say once that our ancestors were a lot more advanced than we have been led to believe. Think about this, why do we keep unearthing artifacts that don’t fit in the limited past we know about?

What is this theory? Who has published it? and what is their evidence?

Well yea that’s probably true but it has been proven that some cultures have been pointing to stars for thousands of years that can only be seen through telescopes, and that to me is a little weird.

Proven where?

SD seems to of changed since I was last here, you used to have to post so sort of evidence when making up a theory, now it seems you just post whatever comes to mind.

Flag Post

There’s no proof that Earth was visited by aliens, but you also can’t disprove that they didn’t. Just one big mystery.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lightningcould:

There’s no proof that Earth was visited by aliens, but you also can’t disprove that they didn’t. Just one big mystery.

Normally when you try to say something has happened you bring some form of evidence with you, especially when you say things like “it has been proven”.

The whole “you can’t prove they didn’t” argument just shows how flimsy an argument you are presenting. I’m not even asking for hard, irrefutable proof that aliens have visited Earth, all I’m asking for if this so called evidence most posters in this thread claims to have, yet fails to show, specially when the term “it has been proven” is used.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

Normally when you try to say something has happened you bring some form of evidence with you, especially when you say things like “it has been proven”.

The whole “you can’t prove they didn’t” argument just shows how flimsy an argument you are presenting. I’m not even asking for hard, irrefutable proof that aliens have visited Earth, all I’m asking for if this so called evidence most posters in this thread claims to have, yet fails to show, specially when the term “it has been proven” is used.

I seriosly think your expecting a bit much if you want us to add proof all the time because 1. why should we when it’s common knowledge or we know it’s somewhere and 2. when you can just take what we say and search it yourself if your so intressted.

Flag Post

1) What is common knowledge? That aliens have visited?

2) Show the proof, and be done with it.

Flag Post

Oh, as as for evidence of what I said before, a quote “In Mali, West Africa, lives a tribe of people called the Dogon. The Dogon are believed to be of Egyptian decent and their astronomical lore goes back thousands of years to 3200 BC. According to their traditions, the star Sirius has a companion star which is invisible to the human eye. This companion star has a 50 year elliptical orbit around the visible Sirius and is extremely heavy. It also rotates on its axis.” Their talking about Sirius A the bigger star and Sirius B the smaller star, back in those days they didn’t have telescopes to find Sirius B, they even say it’s a heavy star (star with dense mass) and Sirius B has been found to be a white dwarf star, like I said before not much of a believer of alien thingy’s but this still remains weird.

Flag Post

That’s a bit of a leap, no?

‘’Hey! A tribe knows some stuff! They’re dirty, inferior tribemen! Must’ve been aliens!’’

Flag Post

“aliens” are the lamest excuse ever.

Its basically saying “im an archeologist but im too lazy to do anything so I will say ALEINS DID IT!!”

Just because something can’t be explained doesn’t mean its aliens.

Flag Post

A while ago, I accidentally picked up a book called ‘The Sirius Mystery’ in a charity shop for 50p. Was quickly picking up cheapish books, I love astronomy-related things, and the title looked promising. Assumed it was a novel of some sort.

It wasn’t. It was this.

Actually tried to read it last week, but even my informed-layman mind picked holes in it as big as bowling balls.

“Ahhh, this Dogon tribe knew about Sirius B!”

Sounds wonderful (if you believe it’s true, and I don’t) until a few pages later, when he says they thought Saturn was the outermost planet in the solar system.

The way such people present their ‘evidence’ makes it almost believable on the surface, but every little bit can be picked apart pretty easily.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

I seriosly think your expecting a bit much if you want us to add proof all the time because 1. why should we when it’s common knowledge or we know it’s somewhere and 2. when you can just take what we say and search it yourself if your so intressted.

You’re the one trying to convince us about something, hence you should be the one finding things to support your argument, not us

Flag Post

What is this theory? Who has published it? and what is their evidence?

You must understand the common person uses “theory” instead of “hypothesis”. That’s what Jhco usually means. Not justifying it or anything, but I’ve tried before to explain the difference and I still see them use it.

Flag Post

Alright I just want to get a few things out there. Firstly when I began posting I was kind of talking in the open I never intended to CONVINCE anyone of anything, especially of ALIENS! I was talking about how weird it was how so many cultures had such a big knowledge of what went on in space, I don’t give a damn how they came to know it and I never meant, ‘Hey! there’s a tribe in africa that knows about Sirius B, must be aliens!’ I was only using the dogon as an example, and you have to agree it’s either cool or weird that they were smart enough to maybe figure it out on their own. Fact is we know very little about our ancient past, there is still lots of room for speculation, be it an ancient dead race of intelligent humans or aliens or maybe they just figured it out on their own, so can everybody just rest in peace and agree on that, PLEASE!

Flag Post

Although this site is not acceptable to some, it is an interesting read. It is an interview and gives translations for a few of the Sumerian tablets.

http://www.paranormalnews.com/article.aspx?id=1393

I don’t know anything about this site but it has information on it too.

http://slewsgranger.wordpress.com/

The Annunaki were from the sky (heavens) according to the Sumerians. They were Gods. Could they be aliens? It is a thought and something we cannot prove or disprove.

Flag Post

It’s possible, but so is just about everything. There really is no hard evidence backing it up.

Flag Post

It is very possible, and why not. We as humans like to think we are so knowlegable, but I can see no reason there can’t be more advanced life out there.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/chinesedisks.html
http://www.crystalinks.com/dropa.html
http://www.burlingtonnews.net/dropas.html
http://www.nephilimskulls.com/Articles.asp?ID=149

Flag Post

There’s advanced life out there =/= They’ve visited Earth and interacted with it.