U.S. Presidential Election page 35 (locked)

1843 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormtrooper261:

Then why do the democrats talk about all these jobs being created?

Becasue there are, some are tlost too, but that’s kinda how life works.

Are they coming out of thin air?

No because ther eare some left, how can you not figure this out?

because, like you said, we are losing jobs forever.

Except you’re implying that all jobs were lost, and, news flash, they aren’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lock_of_fear:

Let’s just say, Obama supporters seem to overlook a lot. they overlook the economy getting weaker, the unemployment figures, Home foreclosures, etc. BTW, didn’t I tell you the unemployment figure would go down just before the election? Well, it did. This is caused by manipulation of the figures to make Obama look better. Now watch the GDP growth spike shortly. More manipulation to make Obama look good. I quite believing these things long ago.

Note: I don’t like the economy more then you do, but Romney who has proposed a budget he says will balance (when it wont). doesn’t give me any more hope for the future. Parties using the figures that make them look best is nothing new. are you saying he’s falsified the numbers? or has tinkered with the economy to give it a politically well timed boost? If you don’t believe in unemployment statistics, and GDP statistics what do you believe in by the way? this isn’t just a case of the numbers don’t agree with me so they must be wrong is it?
that’s a bit worse then the usual bipartisan attitude of the facts don’t agree with me so they must be unimportant.

You can’t say Romney won’t balance the budget. Obama had four years to make a dent in our economy and he didn’t. His chance is over. Romney is a business man where Obama is a community organizer. Romney has a much better chance than the current president. I’m sorry, this is just how it will be. A change in how government is run should give you lots of hope. I honestly believe that Romney will change the path we are on.

Numbers. Politicians are always manipulating numbers. I posted a couple of months ago that the unemployment would suddenly go under 8% just before the election. Happens every time. A president has never won an election with the unemployment over 8%. Technically, the unemployment hasn’t really changed, it just appears to have changed. You will see indications of the economy getting better next. It isn’t, but it will appear that way for the election. I would use the word tinker rather than falsify.

Flag Post

When the president says we are making jobs it doesn’t mean anything. For example. If you make a thoudsand jobs and lose two thousand, thats nothing to boast about. That really bothers me when he does that

Flag Post

When the president says we are making jobs it doesn’t mean anything.

It does a little, actually.

For example. If you make a thoudsand jobs and lose two thousand, thats nothing to boast about.

Compared to…?

That really bothers me when he does that

Source?

Flag Post

Polls were brought up earlier and I tried to explain that they are unreliable. This is a short article by Carl Rove, writing for the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443768804578034341205066014.html

Another article supporting the Rove article.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/15219/presidential-polls-2012-skewed-polling-and-biased-media-coverage-give-obama-false-advantage-over-romney

Flag Post

I think Obama shouldn’t be president because he is black not american

I still haven’t seen his birth certificate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ohmylanta:

The main problem there, is how could we even begin to resell the idea of there being more realistic choices to the citizens? I agree with Johnson’s policies (in the main, except for in healthcare), for example. But if I cast my vote that way, I’m willing to bet I’ll be the only state-registered voter to do so.

Citizen ignorance is an almost-unscalable problem.

Flag Post
The main problem there, is how could we even begin to resell the idea of there being more realistic chouices to the citizens? I agree with Johnson’s policies (in the main, except for in healthcare), for example. But if I cast my vote that way, I’m willing to bet I’ll be the only state-registered voter to do so.

Healthcare is definitely one thing I don’t support the libertarian approach to. Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland are commonly used by them (and me) to show the potential of fiscally conservative markets; these countries are ranked higher than us in most lists of economic freedom measurement, yet they all have implemented universal healthcare. Yes, they have kept many of the good private aspects of healthcare, such as medicinal innovation, drugs and small operations, but they eliminated the problems that arise when private companies are expected to cover costs of those who get cancer, or those who have preexisting conditions for example. Unfortunately, Obama’s bill will largely not solve these problems, and I’m still curious as to whether the “penalty” for not owning health insurance is truly going to be a tax.

Citizen ignorance is an almost-unscalable problem.

Well, ultimately any idea to educate the populace on ANY idea, no matter who logical or simple, is idealism. I can understand, for example, why there are still a lot of people who do not believe in evolution, even though the evidence points that way.

My point is that the reasons people give for not voting for an ideal 3rd party candidate follow a circular logic chain. They won’t vote for 3rd party candidates because they won’t get elected, and they won’t get elected because nobody seems to vote for them. People have some idea that their vote is more relevant if it follows a large stream of voters who vote for the lesser evil, instead of voting for a less popular candidate. I would argue the opposite is true, but you do have a point. There is no way in which the problem can be solved currently when you have two parties on the spotlight with terrible policies. People are always afraid of one or the other, and will rally among the strongest opposition to what they fear, even if they don’t like it. I’d say a reasonable start, however, is to reform the prerequisites for entering the debates. If you are on the ballot in enough states to win without write-ins, then that should be enough. It does not make sense that the commission is pretending that these are the only 2 options then expecting people not to be confused when they see 4-6 people on the ballot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ohmylanta:
I’d say a reasonable start, however, is to reform the prerequisites for entering the debates. If you are on the ballot in enough states to win without write-ins, then that should be enough. It does not make sense that the commission is pretending that these are the only 2 options then expecting people not to be confused when they see 4-6 people on the ballot.

I agree with you here. Give debate airtime to all the candidates rather than just the top two. That would go a long way towards educating people about their options. Mass media would serve to let everyone know what their options are, and their stances.

Flag Post

I’ve heard some rumblings for a revamping of the election system in the country that I think are worth mentioning.

• 90 days to campaign
  • Mandatory debates to include all candidates
  • Strictly public funding; equal funding to all candidates
  • Mandatory donation of airtime to each candidate for ads; equal to all candidates

It’s a plan I like.

Flag Post

Yes, I definitely like that too, Softest. Prevents it going on too long. Right now you get a lot of apathy because people want it over and done with by the time the election comes around.

Flag Post

Deeerrrrrr….because they are being “created”….as in new ones. It’s hard to put ppl back to work at jobs that are lost. This “new jobs” concept is supported, in part, by the fact that the jobless rate is increasing even fast than earlier predicted. Is the recovery then speeding up? Let’s hope so. This is great news AND great timing…..eh? LOL

It’s “funny” that ya should say “air”. One area that jobs are being “created” is in the ASEP (Alternative Source Energy Production) sector. 400 NEW jobs have been created in that city just west of Wichita to build the generator part of WIND turbines. Here in Wichita, homes are still being built on “spec”,,,new businesses are opening,,,a huge amount of commercial construction is going on. I’m not all that impressed by numbers that can be “juggled”. What I see as I drive around the city tells me a whooole lot about the economy.

Just how fucking stoooopid does one have to be to NOT KNOW that technology (most) always moves FORWARD. This means that NEW jobs are crated and the “old-way” jobs are lost. Just ask the “horse-industry” when the automobile use skyrocketed. Jobs means money…..money that can be spent buying things that come from even more jobs. Ppl dine out…restaurants open….staff is hired. It’s called: A robust economy.

Guess just how robust an economy is when the greedy wealthy guys at the top don’t want to share the $$$$$ generated by the working classes in a “fair manner”? There becomes a “drought-of-dough” that dominoes to cause a recession. Busting unions by “management” (the rich guys) only serves to lower wages & benefits….less money paid to the workers means less money pumped into the local economy. We build a lot of airplanes here in Wichita (The Air Capital of the World)…..ya just know those rich guys are doing all they can to be able to buy their corp. jets at a price as low as they can get.

The greed “NEW RICH” are too dumb to realize they are killing their “golden-egg-laying goose” by shearing off more than just the wool from the human sheep. They are also taking the some of the hide along w/ the wool. If their greed puts ppl out of work….they eventually lose, too…..by “killing” the robust economy.

Aren’t YOU able to see this when the wealthy MADE Congress DEREGULATE the financial sector? Aren’t YOU aware of the disaster this caused? The working ppl lost millions & millions. Now, just where do ya think all of that money went? Where did all of that money for the Iraqi war go? Yeah, the workers in the “war plants” made money. BUT, the Pentagon pays the “owners” a hugely greater amount for war machinery.

OH, btw…some job loss is due to the NATIONAL GUARD doing the fighting rather than a regular army. The NG are ppl who HAD “day jobs”. The NG is supposed to be a “weekend thing”.

I’m “old”. I’ve seen a whoooole lot of economy swings, “adjustments”, etc. AND, after FOLLOWING THE MONEY, I’ve learned a lot of the hows-&-whys of it all…..and, a lot of the bullshit that goes along w/ them.

Right now, it’s very possible that America will fall for all the bullshit Romney//GOP is putting out. Seriously, just how is the guys that fucked up the economy in the first place going to make it right? I luv how they blame Obama for not cleaning up their mess w/ a simple wave of his “magic wand”. After all, we know just how big of a wand Black guys have.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Royal_CROWn:

I think Obama shouldn’t be president because he is black not american

I still haven’t seen his birth certificate.

AND, he has smoked pot (probably still does…and screws crackhos) so his mind is obviously scrambled & melted.

AND, forget having a woman for Pres. Who wants a premenstral bitch w/ her finger on the “button”….OR, the batteries in her vibrator die just when we need her fullest attention to the matters at hand…rather than her hand being “down there”.

Good gawd, has the world gone mad?
What’s next….my pickup truck being elected & the First Lady being my dog Lady?

Flag Post

For the next presidential election, I’m voting for myself.
Reasons:

1) I will lower the taxes.
2) If I fall in bankrupt, I will fire some of those pesky politicians getting 4 digit wages or higher.
3) If it fails, I will forcefully take some money from the Vatican’s vault.
4) I will make the world a safer and nicer place for the children.
5) I will ban any form of smoking everywhere.
6) If it isn’t sufficient, I will nuke the industry of tobacco and/or burn all tobacco crops to extinction.
7) I will greatly improve the health and hygiene of the city with more greengrocers, better hospitals and less industries.
8) I will add the Race Equality (anti-racism) to the Anthropology lessons in the High Schools.
9) I will monitor every single corner of the cities with smart video-cameras.
10) I will ban the gay marriages all over the US and in Canada.
11) Calling me pedophile will result in death execution.

Maybe I will add some more reasons later on …

Flag Post

Whew, John, I think you might actually be a worse choice than the other candidates.
Much worse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Whew, John, I think you might actually be a worse choice than the other candidates.
Much worse.

Not to mention the president isn’t above the law. :3

Isn’t that right, Nixon?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnDoe2:

I’m not the wrong one here.

I’m the right choice here because my opinions are everyones opinions, therefore you are the wrong one.
HAHA, I WIN!

Originally posted by JohnDoe2:

No, I’m not. I have been loving children, hating cigarettes and hating homosexuals since 2004 to today

If I remember right, you are 18.
So you hated Homosexuals, hated cigarettes and loved children when you were about 10.

Looks like someone sure got brainwashed by their parents.

But aside from that, you want to go full on big brother and put “smart” cameras on every corner, which by smart I’m assuming you mean the new ones they were testing out awhile back, which has face recognition and all those nice things.
Then there’s the “I’m not a pedophile, I love children” argument that you are still trying to push through your posts.

EDIT:
Why do you edit every single one of your posts?
God damn, and they always get shittier when you do, disgusting.

Flag Post

Much worse.

Sometimes, just like alcoholics & addicts, a nation has to his “rock bottom” before it can get better. JD there just might be what we truly need….eh?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Deeerrrrrr….because they are being “created”….as in new ones. It’s hard to put ppl back to work at jobs that are lost. This “new jobs” concept is supported, in part, by the fact that the jobless rate is increasing even fast than earlier predicted. Is the recovery then speeding up? Let’s hope so. This is great news AND great timing…..eh? LOL

It’s “funny” that ya should say “air”. One area that jobs are being “created” is in the ASEP (Alternative Source Energy Production) sector. 400 NEW jobs have been created in that city just west of Wichita to build the generator part of WIND turbines. Here in Wichita, homes are still being built on “spec”,,,new businesses are opening,,,a huge amount of commercial construction is going on. I’m not all that impressed by numbers that can be “juggled”. What I see as I drive around the city tells me a whooole lot about the economy.

Just how fucking stoooopid does one have to be to NOT KNOW that technology (most) always moves FORWARD. This means that NEW jobs are crated and the “old-way” jobs are lost. Just ask the “horse-industry” when the automobile use skyrocketed. Jobs means money…..money that can be spent buying things that come from even more jobs. Ppl dine out…restaurants open….staff is hired. It’s called: A robust economy.

Guess just how robust an economy is when the greedy wealthy guys at the top don’t want to share the $$$$$ generated by the working classes in a “fair manner”? There becomes a “drought-of-dough” that dominoes to cause a recession. Busting unions by “management” (the rich guys) only serves to lower wages & benefits….less money paid to the workers means less money pumped into the local economy. We build a lot of airplanes here in Wichita (The Air Capital of the World)…..ya just know those rich guys are doing all they can to be able to buy their corp. jets at a price as low as they can get.

The greed “NEW RICH” are too dumb to realize they are killing their “golden-egg-laying goose” by shearing off more than just the wool from the human sheep. They are also taking the some of the hide along w/ the wool. If their greed puts ppl out of work….they eventually lose, too…..by “killing” the robust economy.

Aren’t YOU able to see this when the wealthy MADE Congress DEREGULATE the financial sector? Aren’t YOU aware of the disaster this caused? The working ppl lost millions & millions. Now, just where do ya think all of that money went? Where did all of that money for the Iraqi war go? Yeah, the workers in the “war plants” made money. BUT, the Pentagon pays the “owners” a hugely greater amount for war machinery.

OH, btw…some job loss is due to the NATIONAL GUARD doing the fighting rather than a regular army. The NG are ppl who HAD “day jobs”. The NG is supposed to be a “weekend thing”.

I’m “old”. I’ve seen a whoooole lot of economy swings, “adjustments”, etc. AND, after FOLLOWING THE MONEY, I’ve learned a lot of the hows-&-whys of it all…..and, a lot of the bullshit that goes along w/ them.

Right now, it’s very possible that America will fall for all the bullshit Romney//GOP is putting out. Seriously, just how is the guys that fucked up the economy in the first place going to make it right? I luv how they blame Obama for not cleaning up their mess w/ a simple wave of his “magic wand”. After all, we know just how big of a wand Black guys have.

Jobs that are made while losing a bigger amount of jobs does not count(source: your candidate, media, wall street journal). And those wind turbines look so retarted in the fields that are near me. They are barley ever moving. And at worse. I rather see our money going to rich bastards in the United States than everybody but the United States

Flag Post

But aside from that, you want to go full on big brother and put “smart” cameras on every corner, which by smart I’m assuming you mean the new ones they were testing out awhile back, which has face recognition and all those nice things.

It’s a little bit off topic, but I wished to correct this. It’s not the camera that has face recognition, it’s the software running on the computer controlling them that has face recognition. You could put state-of-the-art face recognition on your home CCTV quite easily, with the cheapest, cruddiest camera on the market, a cheap actuator to move it, and a second-hand office PC.

Flag Post

Jobs that are made while losing a bigger amount of jobs does not count(source: your candidate, media, wall street journal).

Just how hard is it for YOU to understand that it wasn’t//isn’t Obama that has//is causing “lost jobs”? It’s the “fat cat corps” SENDING JOBS OVERSEAS that is “losing” them…right & left. I’ve already explained it…in depth. Yet, YOU merely repeated yourself…..how dumb.

And those wind turbines look so retarted in the fields that are near me.

Retarded…eh? WELL, that explains a lot….ABOUT YOU.

They are barley ever moving.

AND YET,,,they continue to spend millions of PRIVATE INVESTOR DOLLARS putting them up…imagine THAT. tsk..tsk…tsk.

And at worse. I rather see our money going to rich bastards in the United States than everybody but the United States

Well, there ya go. THAT explains a whooooooooooole lot about YOU,,,,,,,to the point of not needing ANY response whatsoever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Retarded…eh? WELL, that explains a lot….ABOUT YOU.

Low blow, man, low blow.

Still beat me to it, though.

Flag Post
It’s the “fat cat corps” SENDING JOBS OVERSEAS that is “losing” them

There’s an argument to be made, however, that government policies which overprice American labor force corporations to send jobs overseas to remain competitive.

And it’s not just outsourcing that is killing jobs. Immigration has obvious effects, and many businesses are failing. This is natural during a global economic recession, and the corporate interests are also quite natural. The problem is why the whole recession started in the first place, which relates to the housing bubble and bank bailouts, which did involve big business but was instigated by the government (for all purposes in this example, the Fed is part of the government. This is perfectly open for discussion). To claim the loss of jobs originates from only one variable, when there were many colluding interests which culminated in 2008, is ignorant.

AND YET,,,they continue to spend millions of PRIVATE INVESTOR DOLLARS putting them up…

The government gives green subsidies and tax cuts though, so it’s not all privately funded. It’s also worth noting that current regulations prevent this money from being better (?) spent on more realistic solutions to the energy crisis, such as LFTRs (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors) and geothermal plants. So whether those investors really think that this is the best possible investment really depends more on their political beliefs rather than economic knowledge. Nothing wrong with that, though; it’s their money.

Flag Post

It is also worth noting that we know (now, at least) that the big spinning blades are not the most power efficient version of a wind turbine. So those farms that are up, are not generating what they should be, either.