Abortion its aaawwww right!

410 posts

Flag Post

it is abortion is good it stop people from having baby’s they cant take care of and from having retard baby! we will illegality abortion when its impossible to get pregnant if you don’t want to be!

Flag Post

Wisdom.

Flag Post

Wait, what? This is a thread for discussion. That means there has to be reason. If you want to discuss this, I’m sure you could get a lot people interested. But you need to be able to support your ideas first.

Flag Post

Wisdom.

haha.

Flag Post

Let’s try and redress this as a debatable topic:

“Given that abortion can prevent unnecessary painful and difficult lives, and that a woman should have the right to choose if a pregnancy should continue, should abortion be allowed?”

Taken from my assumptions of what dreygoth feels, from his initial post.

Flag Post

I’m very happy if abortion is at least allowed for those who are raped and got pregnant or people in risk of death but I prefer abortion allowed if there is parental consent under the age of 18.

The reason conservative people fear is that you are killing human babies. The definition war of “human” has been debated over the years since the correct term of unborn babies are fetuses and for the abortion’s supporter’s sake, “they’re not human”. There’s also the religion reason for it.

I do understand the negative impact that it may cause but at least, allow abortion for raped females who got pregnant due to it and females who are in the risk of death during pregnancy.

Flag Post

Personally I believe that the religious reasons should not matter. No single religion should be able to dictate for any actions that encompass a group that is larger than their own group, and this most definitely applies for the group that falls under “elligible for abortion”. Sure, people may argue that it would be violating their religious rights and their religious freedoms, but at the same time, people have the choice not to have it just as much as they have the choice to perform the operation. Just because a person has a religious belief against abortion, that does not mean that they should have the ability to disallow who don’t have religious beliefs against abortion.

Flag Post

I’m very happy if abortion is at least allowed for those who are raped and got pregnant or people in risk of death but I prefer abortion allowed if there is parental consent under the age of 18.

I agree with this. I’d go a bit further, but it is a grey area in which I wouldn’t be able to completely justify my line.

Just because a person has a religious belief against abortion, that does not mean that they should have the ability to disallow who don’t have religious beliefs against abortion.

I’m not so sure about that. Essentially, one part of society has a stricter definition of murder than another and provided they feel murder is wrong, then I think they are quite justified in trying to stamp it out (be it for religious reasons or not).

Flag Post

Essentially, one part of society has a stricter definition of murder than another and provided they feel murder is wrong, then I think they are quite justified in trying to stamp it out (be it for religious reasons or not).

I wouldn’t mind if it was just a majority opinion but if the Church itself were to step in and say “No, you can’t do that” then something’s wrong with that. The problem stems from the notion that a single religion’s beliefs are reigning dominant over other people’s beliefs. That’s a violation of the separation of Church and State.

If people were discussing morals as morals without the religious backing, I would have no problem. Saying something like, “Abortion is a sin and an abomination. Those who practice it shall burn in hell while that poor child shall rise to heaven.” takes things into the realm of condemning others for what they are intending on doing and in a way forces that one-sided belief on them. That is why I believe it shouldn’t matter. I understand, however, that some morals are based on religious teachings.

Flag Post

allow abortion for raped females who got pregnant due to it

I still don’t understand how that makes the fetus any less a person. Yes, rape is one of the worst things imaginable, but so is murder.

Flag Post

murder

…is the unlawful killing of another human person. A fetus is not a person.

Flag Post

sigh

Just don’t even try to debate that with me, because neither of us will convince the other, and we’ll both end up tired and angry.

Flag Post

[post deleted by a moderator]

Flag Post

Just don’t even try to debate that with me

Then don’t bring it up in Serious Discussion forums.

we’ll both end up tired and angry.

Not really, I am often amused by the kinds of arguments you tend to bring up.

Flag Post

I still don’t understand how that makes the fetus any less a person. Yes, rape is one of the worst things imaginable, but so is murder.

You should read Thomson’s Case of the Unconcious Violinist

While the argument has holes in it, it provides a good representation of the victim’s case.

Flag Post

BUT [tasteless word] MAN ITS A FETUS ITS LOOK LIKE AN ALIEN DUDE WHO THE [yet another tasteless word] CARES IT DOESN’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TALK ITS NOT HUMAN ITS A MONSTER WHO THE [still hasn’t gotten any taste yet] CARE IF YOU KILL A BABY YOU CANT HAVE IF YOU DON’T KILL IT THEN ITS GOING TO HAVE A HONORABLENESS LIFE!

1. Get some class
2. Learn punctuation
3. If I think you look weird, does that mean I get to kill you?
4. Should we kill 2-year-olds who can’t talk?
5. Most aborted children have absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Flag Post

5. Most aborted children have absolutely nothing wrong with them.

How do you know?

Flag Post

Ahh, look at the males arguing over abortion.

Flag Post

How do you know?

40-some million kids can’t all have a life-impairing disability…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:

Ahh, look at the males arguing over abortion.

Look at the female who adds nothing meaningful to the conversation.

40-some million kids can’t all have some life-impairing disability…

The opposite of “nothing wrong” is “life-impairing”? Smells like a false dichotomy to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

Look at the female who adds nothing meaningful to the conversation.

Touche.

Lets say, its awefully easy to be against something when it isn’t your rights that are being taken away.

Flag Post

Those in support of “life” (heh) never seem to worry about what others think.

Flag Post

The opposite of “nothing wrong” is “life-impairing”? Smells like a false dichotomy to me.

He justified his position by saying that aborted fetuses would live a horrible life for some reason or another.

Lets say, its awefully easy to be against something when it isn’t your rights that are being taken away.

I am against it because their rights are being taken away.

Flag Post

Indeed. You’re not a fetus, so it’s not your right to life being removed.

Though to clarify, I am pro-abortion if it is in the early stages of pregnancy.

Flag Post

I am against it because their rights are being taken away.

I’m sure something which is unable to make the most basic choices for themselves would be well-suited to having many rights.