Is having sex at the age of 12 right page 2

238 posts

Flag Post

Having sex at the age of 12 is not right or wrong, but it is dangerous. If you can make sure that you have permission, and protection than its sort of okay. its impossible to avoid pregnancy 100% though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

sex ≠ reproduction.

So, what? Children should have sex for recreation, and this should be argued for or against? Fucking disgusting.

yes, indeed, it should, and it is. you may find it disgusting, but that does not remove the issue. in the Netherlands, it is legal for people from the age of 12 to have sex with a partner if the age difference is not greater than 4 years. i believe it’s the same for some states in the USA, and a number of other Western nations.

12 may be popularly considered too young, but that does not mean it is in the best interest of children that do have sex at that age to throw them in jail for it.

Flag Post

If no one is being forced into anything or given something in return, then no it’s fine.
But how you’re saying this sounds like you don’t believe it’s right, yet you still do it because you like it. So why do you care, if you like it and are okay with it, why should you care what we think or what anyone else thinks?

Flag Post

For my country 16 is the minimum age, but really? Who is going to stop you from having sex. I mean if they are unsuspecting you’d probably end up doing it when they’re out and then what? The police will come in after seeing it on their hidden camera in your room? That’s the major fault I see with those laws.

12? While I had sex ed at 11 at my primary school, we only got our actual sex ed unit in Year 9. The main reason is, as vika said. That you are not emotionally ready to have sex, you don’t know what it truly means, especially if you took her virginity.

Flag Post

It is not the legal age for it,I’m not saying im going with it but i say no

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

that is illogical.
sex is for breeding.

rather spend your free time playing video games and not waste it on sex and relationships.

~Wildwar59, “My life in a nutshell..”

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:

For my country 16 is the minimum age, but really? Who is going to stop you from having sex. I mean if they are unsuspecting you’d probably end up doing it when they’re out and then what? The police will come in after seeing it on their hidden camera in your room? That’s the major fault I see with those laws.

12? While I had sex ed at 11 at my primary school, we only got our actual sex ed unit in Year 9. The main reason is, as vika said. That you are not emotionally ready to have sex, you don’t know what it truly means, especially if you took her virginity.

That is simply because, at that stage in life, it has not been taught to them.

True sex end is usually not taught until high school. That doesn’t mean that you can’t teach it earlier.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IrritatedTuna:Having sex at the age of 12 is not right or wrong

The world of subjective morality. We wonder why society has so many problems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:We don’t perform human sacrifices anymore because killing someone in the name of a religious ceremony is kinda fucked up.

Exactly, and screwing a 12 year old is equally fucked up.

If you’re an adult, but if you’re also twelve or close to it, it gets a little blurry.

Two twelve year olds having sex is still fucked up. 12 year old + sex = fucked up. The fact that you consider the situation to be “blurry” is just… mind boggling to me. What’s wrong with you people?

Flag Post

The world of subjective morality.

Sort of.

We wonder why society has so many problems.

Because of a lot of reasons. Now if you’re done being a dick, maybe you could now see some of them, or just stop being so pessimistic altogether.

Two twelve year olds having sex is still fucked up.

More or less so?

Also, why exactly?

The fact that you consider the situation to be “blurry” is just… mind boggling to me.

So you’re saying that a twelve-year old getting it on with an (insert 20+ year here) adult is just as bad (or good, if you care about semantics) as with another twelve-year old?

What’s wrong with you people?

The same thing that’s wrong with you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:We don’t perform human sacrifices anymore because killing someone in the name of a religious ceremony is kinda fucked up.

Exactly, and screwing a 12 year old is equally fucked up.

If you’re an adult, but if you’re also twelve or close to it, it gets a little blurry.

Two twelve year olds having sex is still fucked up. 12 year old + sex = fucked up. The fact that you consider the situation to be “blurry” is just… mind boggling to me. What’s wrong with you people?

You know, you say that for A LOT of topics. And, just like now, you usually don’t have ANY constructive counter-arguments. “ooh that disgusts me. you people are sick. etc etc.”

So which of us is the obvious troll here?

Flag Post
Originally posted by IrritatedTuna:Having sex at the age of 12 is not right or wrong

The world of subjective morality. We wonder why society has so many problems.

that’s not subjective morality. subjective morality would hold that it could be either right or wrong. if it’s neither right nor wrong that’s an objective judgement.

some things are not right or wrong. they just happen.

two adults beating eachother up for sports is also fucked up. doens’t mean it’s wrong. but i’m curious what you would suggest. once it’s happened, would you prosecute them?

So which of us is the obvious troll here?

well, i suspect MyTie is 13 or 14. if he’s any older… :/

Flag Post

Its a troll thread, look at his other posts.

12 is too young, but fortuntly trolls dont get laid that early

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/users/5164867/posts

Please visit the link first then carry on feeding the troll OP if you wish

I am pretty sure there are a few threads on the subject of morality as that is all that is being discussed here

Flag Post

Two twelve year olds having sex is still fucked up.

WHY?
Are ya talking about ALL 12 y.o.’s?
….the world over?

Are ya saying ALL 12 y.o.’s are the very same…?
equal in ALL regards?

Do YOU NOT SEE such as being highly SUBJECTIVE…?.
as in this activity being SUBJECT to a whoooole lot of “variables”….?
not being a one answer-fits-all-sizes?

FIRST HERE…I don’t think—as in a lot of the religious threads, that GOD is never OBJECTIVELY DEFINED—anyone has actually pinned down what sex between 12 y.o.’s consists of.

SECOND…while the issue of mental, physical, emotional factors have been touched upon in some form/depth or another (w/ vika giving us her {typical? lol} very “clinical” one) input, doesn’t the SUBJECTIVENESS of this behavior really center around them?

Well, that and the societal mores in which they live and the specific parents of these two (or more at a time?) very young ppl engaging in something very NATURAL. vika can make or break my concept here of: I “learned” long ago that the ONLY essential, primordial “drives” we humans have are hunger, thirst, and sex. Without these three, we fail to live & thrive as a species.

HORMONES, when they “kick in” at puberty provide the “drive” for sex. Before that, it is MOSTLY idly curiosity. Yes, curiosity very likely remains w/ us (esp. the males). I know I yet have the curiosity of what it would be like to “nail” that gal that my libido—very old, buy yet active—finds an "interest in. Being old, I’ve well learned that “wondering” is usually a whooooole lot better than putting in a concerted effort…only to find that I should have stayed w/ just wondering.

12 year old + sex = fucked up.

Fine.
We now have YOUR opinion….
such as it is.
NOW, can ya give us ANY salient rational behind it?
Can ya address ANY of the issues I just brought up?
Be specific….esp. in each of the thread areas of: physical, emotional, mental.
While ya’re at it, touch on the societal mores.
Obviously, as some right here are showing, THERE ARE SUBJECTIVE VALUES concerning what these parts of society think about it.

The fact that you consider the situation to be “blurry” is just… mind boggling to me.

Well, as I’ve “suggested” above, I’m glad ya’ve managed to once again enlighten up w/ YOUR OPINION….a very obtuse one considering ya coupled it w/ little-2-NOTHING in the way of supporting data.

Tell me, considering that EVERYONE, EVERY SITUATION, pretty much EVERYTHING involved in sexual congress between//involving the very young is gonna be “blurry”. I’m talking about the “bell-shaped-curve-of-distribution” here. If I lop off the two smaller numbers of the two extreme ends of the bell and leave the huge, “shades-of-gray” gut of the bell…we are gonna have to take it on a case-by-case issue (I think it was vika that said those very words).

There just isn’t going to be some magical blanket that can cover the enormity of all these ppl and their widely & wildly diverse make-ups.

What’s wrong with you people?

Hopefully, I have demonstrated that PERPHAPS there is w whoooole (little?) lot more wrong w/ YOU than w/ those ya so strongly criticise. After all, any such real answer very likely is SUBJECTIVE…eh?

AND hopefully, I’ve given MY “answer” on whether or not sex between a particular set of ppl is right or wrong. Right & wrong is deeply SUBJECTIVE anyway. When applied to ones sexual behavior/drive….the subjectivity is gonna be as “blurry” as a coal mine at midnight (hard to see).

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

SECOND…while the issue of mental, physical, emotional factors have been touched upon in some form/depth or another (w/ vika giving us her {typical? lol} very “clinical” one) input, doesn’t the SUBJECTIVENESS of this behavior really center around them?

Is my argument style too clinical then? It’s how I write, and how I’m used to writing. Now that you’ve said that, I’m a little concerned it might be detrimental to the argument, if my writing is too clinical?

Flag Post

Yes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Is my argument style too clinical then? It’s how I write, and how I’m used to writing. Now that you’ve said that, I’m a little concerned it might be detrimental to the argument, if my writing is too clinical?

No…no…no….nooooooooooo
All I ment by THAT (oooops on me for not being much clearer on it) is that the very depth & breadth of your input creates an extensive foundation upon which all of those factors can be realistically further added to….as in what most of the other “pro” positions are doing.

I might add (I don’t think ya touched on it) that the “younger minds” (bell curve here again) from 10 until 20 are being actually physically changed…synapses cut and rebuilt into a more “adult” mode of reasoning. Such is displayed by not allowing 12 y.o.’s to drive autos. I did, but then I lived in a rural area and worked on a farm. We even were let out of school early to help w/ the harvest. Things were different then. More was expected of kids in an “adult way” and the “training” was very close (hands-on) making assessment of ability quite accurate.

Flag Post

Thank you for clarifying Karma.

I might add (I don’t think ya touched on it) that the “younger minds” (bell curve here again) from 10 until 20 are being actually physically changed…synapses cut and rebuilt into a more “adult” mode of reasoning.

Actually, we’re starting to see evidence now, that physical brain maturation continues as far as the mid 30s. We used to think it was fully mature at 25. Doesn’t look to be the case after all. But yes, the teen years are a time of a heck of a lot of new growth. Not just new neurons, but entire new structures of the brain being added. Entire new capabilities that brain never had before. Capabilities adult brains have, but children’s brains don’t.

It’s only really when those new structures are in-place that you can say the individual has truly reached adulthood. the law of age of maturity is just a guideline because we’ve historically never been able to tell precisely when a given individual has reached mental adulthood. That’s starting to change, and is suggestive ultimately of a change in the law for each individual; when their cognitive processes mature, they will be both actually and legally adult, regardless of age.

Things were different then. More was expected of kids in an “adult way” and the “training” was very close (hands-on) making assessment of ability quite accurate.

Exactly the same thing. An individual assessment of the capabilities of each teen; responsible individuals able to determine from continual interaction and assessment, how mature that individual has become.

We cannot do that nowadays because our society has become so much more complex, and litigation is so much more common. You cannot have a ‘mentor’ responsible for the actions of a young individual at all times, when that mentor is not supervising their actions all the time. that’s why I would hope to use an assessment of the development stage of brain structures, as an alternative: We can say a given individual is ready to behave responsibly, when their brain has formed the necessary structures to enable them to naturally, subconsciously think in a true consequences-related way.

At that point, they become truly capable of taking responsibility for their own actions, with all the expectations that can be placed upon them because of that responsibility being hardwired right into their brains. Whether they actually choose to behave responsibly or not is then down to them; they are more than capable of understanding the consequences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:So you’re saying that a twelve-year old getting it on with an (insert 20+ year here) adult is just as bad (or good, if you care about semantics) as with another twelve-year old?

Uhm, nope. Never said that. I said both are bad, but I didn’t try to figure out which is worse or something. They are both bad.

Ok, dudes. I obviously can’t appeal to morality, because you just choke that up to opinion. I guess I’ll just have to appeal to the fact that this damages children (source: http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2003/06/sexually-active-teenagers-are-more-likely-to-be-depressed). When teens have sex, they are more likely to develop psychological disorders. This is only multiplied when kids aren’t even teens.

Flag Post

oh, right. that’s the worst thing in the world, teenagers getting STDs. no problem if adults get them, but lets all panic when teenagers get them.

but what’s funny is that “This analysis is concerned with the relationship between depression/suicide and sexual activity for individuals of ages 14 to 17”

we were talking about 12 year old. so what, you would argue that sex should only be allowed at 18? that’s pointless. that’s not gonna stop it.

you can’t disallow people to have sex. they’ll disobey that rule.

Flag Post
They are both bad.

Okay, so they are just as bad, good to know.

Ok, dudes. I obviously can’t appeal to morality, because you just choke that up to opinion.

Basically because it is, just they’re also opinions that are very commonly shared.

Plus the fact that emotional appeals alone are shit in making arguments, especially when the burden of proof is on you.

I guess I’ll just have to appeal to the fact that this damages children (source: http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2003/06/sexually-active-teenagers-are-more-likely-to-be-depressed). When teens have sex, they are more likely to develop psychological disorders. This is only multiplied when kids aren’t even teens.

I like the part where good education (concerning sex) can prevent a lot of this.

Flag Post
They are both bad.

Okay, so they are just as bad, good to know.

You can’t be serious. Even you can read better than that.

Flag Post
You can’t be serious. Even you can read better than that.

So you mean to say they aren’t then?

Flag Post

I don’t feel like someone is mature enough to have sex at age 12, no.
In an ideal world people would be married before they have sex, but that’s not realistic.