I. do. not. want. to. live. on. this. planet. ANYMORE! page 3

64 posts

Flag Post

Oh. I meant to say “black voters”, not “black people”. And, you are right, I was wrong on my statistic. It was 96%, not 97%. My memory failed me. Source: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

Flag Post

between 2004 and 2008, black votes to Democrats increased from about 92% to about 96%, if i remember correctly. however, votes for the Democrats increased all over the country, except for one region: all the white dominant regions in the South.

now go figure…

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

between 2004 and 2008, black votes to Democrats increased from about 92% to about 96%, if i remember correctly. however, votes for the Democrats increased all over the country, except for one region: all the white dominant regions in the South.

now go figure…

So, blacks increased their votes for Democrats when Obama came on the scene. Whites it remained the same for Democrats. It seems likely that this reflects some people voting for Obama because he is the same race as they are, which makes sense. People often vote for who they identify with, and there are strong cultural influences for blacks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:
Whites it remained the same for Democrats.

He very clearly said that it didn’t change for the southern white dominante areas.

It seems likely that this reflects some people voting for Obama because he is the same race as they are, which makes sense.

Maybe, or because he seemed slightly more likable than McCain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:Maybe, or because he seemed slightly more likable than McCain.

Why is it that Obama would be more likable for Blacks than McCain, but not more likable for the other races?

Flag Post

Why is it that Obama would be more likable for Blacks than McCain, but not more likable for the other races?

You know I didn’t single one race out, right?

Flag Post

ok look, it changed for blacks yes, they voted some more for the Democrats, but so did everyone else.

however, in the white-dominant regions in the South, where democrats are already rarely voted, votes for the Democrats actually went down, a lot.

so, it’s the opposite. some blacks may have been pursuaded to vote black because Obama’s half black, but a lot of white Sutherners didn’t vote Democrats because the candidate was black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Election04-08shift.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

The YouTube video, like millions of other YouTube videos, takes things out of context and we can find any video to say whatever we want it to say. It’s a crap reference.

The Washington Times and it’s comments on his upbringing was worth looking into. Even so….

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22767392/ns/politics-decision_08/t/obama-sets-record-straight-his-religion/

http://atheism.about.com/od/barackobamareligionfaith/a/ObamaReligion.htm

….it should be tempered with other sources to get the whole picture. The truth of the matter is probably closest to this:

“As a child in Indonesia, Obama studied for two years at one Muslim school and then two years at a Catholic school. In both places he experienced religious indoctrination, but in neither case did the indoctrination take hold: during Quranic studies he made faces and during Catholic prayers he would look around the room. Eventually, Barack Obama abandoned this non-conformism and skepticism to be baptized as an adult in the Trinity United Church of Christ.”

So, he had a multicultural upbringing where he was exposed to lots of different things and as a Westernized adult, chose Christianity as his preference. So what?

Honestly I think he got baptized to aid his political career, he seems pretty secular to me. I mean, maybe I’m totally off here, but he seems a whole lot more moderate and secular than the church he attended. And it’s a good political move, but I dunno, part of me doubts he’s really a Christian. Maybe that’s wishful thinking though, it’d be nice to finally have a president that doesn’t buy into what Thomas Paine called an “amphibious fraud.”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Oh. I meant to say “black voters”, not “black people”. And, you are right, I was wrong on my statistic. It was 96%, not 97%. My memory failed me. Source: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

Although my link showed a substantially lower percentage,,,,
and for the sake of letting YOUR point stand for argument’s sake,,,,
I find this high of a percentage to be “disturbing” on several levels//areas.

Are Blacks so “ignorant” (low information level…..NOT “stupid”….well, yes, maybe even that—in some ppl’s minds) that the political decision making is based soooooo strongly on race….THEIRS?

Are there ONLY 3% that are in a financial//ideological position to disagree w/ the Democratic Party? After all, many Blacks are of such strong religious beliefs that abortion & Gay marriage are two distinct areas of disagreement. There are many “small business” owners that are Black….all of the rhetoric about the GOP helping them should sway this faction of Blacks.

I assumed there would be a sizable number of Blacks in the NRA.
OOOopppps….it appears I wasn’t only wrong on this,,,,BUT, there seems to be an apparent stereotypical “bias” at work here.

That soooooo many Blacks are so aligned—FOR WHATEVER REASON—pro Democrat//Obama (& not necessarily AGAINST GOP//Romney),,,,,causes me to want a damn good “second look” at why such a strong divide in America along racial lines. The GOP had best be asking themselves this, also.

Flag Post
Totally agree with you for once (over tenco, who i am certain has every right to think you’re an idiot notwithstanding)

please do not forget to note that all whites outside of the South increased their votes for the Democrats too, while whites within the South are the only demographic that increased their votes against the Democrats.

Flag Post

when i posted this i was really pissed about the election results so im not interacting with this form after this post period if it grows oh well if it dosent i honestly dont give a rats ass

Flag Post
Originally posted by teh_hobo:

when i posted this i was really pissed about the election results so im not interacting with this form after this post period if it grows oh well if it dosent i honestly dont give a rats ass

Maybe a blog would better suit your needs. Forums are traditionally for discussion and exchange rather than just butthurt rants. If you didn’t care about other peoples opinions then why post on a forum? A blog or just learning to manage your emotions would probably be preferable

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator