ARE We In The End Times?

66 posts

Flag Post

Discuss. I sorta think so. Just how all of these catastophic events are taking place

Flag Post

No and shit happens, we’re just noticing it more.

Flag Post

Before mass media the world was a much more peaceful place… to some.

Flag Post

As Tenco said, we’re living in no more of an ‘end times’ than we always have been, going back to before the species existed.

Even with our mass media and monitoring systems, I doubt we are aware of even half the drastic changes taking place around the planet, above and below ground. Same as always. No increase in activity beyond natural variation.

Flag Post

Yep. Less than a month to go now before the glorious rapture takes away all the christians.

Flag Post

Yes, we are. Not only does the Mayan calendar end this year but so does mine! I asked around some friends and their calendars all end this year too! If that isn’t proof I don’t know what is!

Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

Discuss. I sorta think so. Just how all of these catastophic events are taking place

What “catastrophic events”? Natural disasters happen, and the ones this year have been mild compared to most in history. There hasn’t been much increase in emergent diseases and the fighting has been going on since mankind could throw a rock so the spats in the Middle East are not exactly precursors.

As others have said the only reason things seem to be getting worse is because the media coverage has increased and (IMO) the style of coverage has changed to make every event seem bigger than it is.

Flag Post

Yesterday I got a pocket calendar for the year 2013 for free. Even one with a good leather binding, which you normally don’t get for below 20€. I thought this is fishy from the very beginning, but if the world ends at the end of this years this explains everything.

Flag Post

Natural disasters happen all the damn time, Mayan calender didn’t include leap years so ended ages ago, my iPhone calender seemingly never ends, Apocalypse actually means uncovering.

So no, seeing as all these end of the world things go on about apocalypses and calenders ending and natural disasters, the one acception being the rapture, but the guy that came up with that got his dates wrong (He was talking bollocks, as we say in England.) Nah, don’t be silly.

Flag Post

The Mayan calendar didn’t need leap years because it’s not that kind of calendar. Leap years are an invention of the Gregorian Calendar that keeps it only up to 26 seconds off of the solar calendar at a time. Whether the mayans have their own calendar, and if they chose not to make that addition, then they didn’t. I still think the mayan calendar thing is total bull, though.

One thing we are seeing is the effects of climate change. Climate disasters are getting more frequent and more dangerous. Some areas have even had their entire climate patterns swapped. Grasslands are becoming deserts, forests are becoming grasslands, etc. Of course, human civilization will collapse economically before we hit a point of no return, so it’s all good and fine. Well, unless you enjoy human civilization.

Flag Post

Yes, the end times are here. Until Alduin dies, at least.

Flag Post

People have been saying we’re in the “end times” since the 1500’s. The only reason it has spread more is because of the news, and the internet.

Flag Post

It’s a common argument that from generation to generation morality is relative, but the past 100 years have given us a world unlike any humanity has ever seen before in it’s history. Prior to electricity every generation grew up in a world similar to that of their parents. The generation gap was much smaller.

Television has changed everything. It is responsible for the disintegration of the family unit and the cooperate programming of every mind from birth to death.

What troubles me most is the amount of personal information we freely give to corporations. We scan cards every time we shop. With so many independent agencies aware of where you live, what you watch, what do online, and what you buy… once unified, personal freedom will be a thing of the past.

They will know everything about you and will be able to track and control your every move. Big brother will become a reality, and that my friends sounds like the end of the world to me.

Flag Post

Of course, you forgot to mention that this new world also gave us many more opportunities and knowledge. Due to that I would argue that today young people have a lot more freedom than before. they question their background because they see that there are other ways of life in the world. They have more opportunities to define their own identity and how they want to live. Before that, family greatly limited this freedom. In more rural regions of the world this is very prominent. Places where you have something like arranged marriages. In more modern parts of such regions you still have arranged marriages, but the percentage of the population is much lower, because people think about what is going on. Some consciously decide to go with their parents will, some decide against it.
That corporate programming you criticise so strongly is a lot less influential than you make it look. I strongly doubt that something like in “Brave New World” will ever become reality, because society is much too diverse and people are much too independent now.
They (Whoever they are) might be able to track every move one day, but they will not be able to control it. This is just a nightmare by people who are scared of the possibilities.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azolf:

They will know everything about you and will be able to track and control your every move. Big brother will become a reality, and that my friends sounds like the end of the world to me.

End of the old world, beginning of another, yea. Different (and better) type of civilisation going forwards.

We will eventually fully understand the human brain and thus the human mind, be able to add new bits on, customise our brains and bodies, become something entirely different from what we are now. How is this a bad thing for our civilisation? Increasing interconnectivity and intelligent environment. Information constantly at our fingertips…

The ‘corporations’ as EPR has already stated, are but one part of society, not a dominating factor. Plenty of the up and coming new tech decentralises manufacturing, which will only erode corporate profits, not reinforce them. Life will become very, very different at an accelerating pace. Those stuck in the past may struggle to keep up, but plenty more will excel in such an environment.

One world ends, another starts. We’ve been through this process countless hundreds of times before.

Flag Post

No one knows when the world is going to end so STOP assuming you do. __

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kwadwo195:

No one knows when the world is going to end so STOP assuming you do. __

In precisely 1,504,524 years 205 days 5 hours 43 minutes and 21 seconds.

Flag Post

A lot of people here just can’t face the facts that we are indeed in end times.
Open your eyes!
Come the 31st of December and it’s all over.

No more 2012.

Flag Post

People, come on, it’s reality! You’re not some supernatural psycho or wizard that can tell the future. Let the future tells its self. Common sense, really. The Mayan calendar is different from ours in multiple aspects… In fact, people who think the world is going to end must want it to end really. As I said, let future tells itself and let’s see what will happen. o_o

Flag Post

Am I the only one that believes everyone wants the “End Time” because their lives suck so bad they want it to end and change? Are we in an age where instead of getting up and doing something about it we wait for something else to do it for us. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowCane:

Am I the only one that believes everyone wants the “End Time” because their lives suck so bad they want it to end and change? Are we in an age where instead of getting up and doing something about it we wait for something else to do it for us. Just my thoughts on the matter.

December 21 is when the anniversary of when the Mayans get tired of making crappy calendars.
Also, on December 21, Earth will pass a photon belt, making the world completely dark for 3 days. I guess this is what they meant by ‘end of the world’.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DmageGore:

December 21 is when the anniversary of when the Mayans get tired of making crappy calendars.
Also, on December 21, Earth will pass a photon belt, making the world completely dark for 3 days. I guess this is what they meant by ‘end of the world’.

Really photon belt…WHO COMES UP WITH THIS STUFF?!

Flag Post

Sorry brah, the last time earth hit the belt was 3 million years ago. So LOL @ you.

Flag Post

NASA is becoming stupider and stupider… lol Seriously? Photon belt was a Mayan spiritual beleif that they suppose will only happen 2 times in the world’s lifetime and also based on astronauts. If this was really true, why won’t the Russian Astronautic Corporation confirm it. (I’m saying Russia is better, Offence America lol) Just my opinion so don’t hate. Appreciate!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Piple:

Sorry brah, the last time earth hit the belt was 3 million years ago. So LOL @ you.

Do you mean an strong effect of sun wind?
Because I have never heard the term photon belt outside conversations that make me want to construct tinfoil hats and sell them for a horrendous prices. You know, since the customers are already there.

Flag Post

A photon belt in this context is basically a sunbeam. We collide with a ‘photon belt’ every day, all the way from sunup to sundown. Photons streaming from the sun to our atmosphere as the visible (and invisible) light spectrum. So to claim that this stream of light and heat will cause darkness when we pass through it is a bit… puzzling.