ARE We In The End Times? page 2

66 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kwadwo195:

NASA is becoming stupider and stupider… lol Seriously? Photon belt was a Mayan spiritual beleif that they suppose will only happen 2 times in the world’s lifetime and also based on astronauts. If this was really true, why won’t the Russian Astronautic Corporation confirm it. (I’m saying Russia is better, Offence America lol) Just my opinion so don’t hate. Appreciate!

I’m rather curious where NASA even mentions it. I haven’t found a thing.

Edit: Actually, I did just find something. An astrobiologist basically calls the idea absolute bullshit here. Silly Kwadwo.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrowCane:
Originally posted by DmageGore:

Am I the only one that believes everyone wants the “End Time” because their lives suck so bad they want it to end and change? Are we in an age where instead of getting up and doing something about it we wait for something else to do it for us. Just my thoughts on the matter.

December 21 is when the anniversary of when the Mayans get tired of making crappy calendars.
Also, on December 21, Earth will pass a photon belt, making the world completely dark for 3 days. I guess this is what they meant by ‘end of the world’.

Really photon belt…WHO COMES UP WITH THIS STUFF?!

Idk, look it up on NASA and Wikipedia and Google and STUFF. Maybe you could say hi to the guy who made up this STUFF.

Flag Post

Idk, look it up on NASA and Wikipedia and Google and STUFF. Maybe you could say hi to the guy who made up this STUFF.

SD does not work that way. You made the claim; you provide the evidence when asked, or we accept your claim is bullshit.

Flag Post

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Wikipedia has an entry for a “Photon Belt”, but even there it is an article about a belief not a fact. Google searching for “Photon Belt” will return thousands of 2012 doomsday websites and no scientific sources.

Searching the NASA.gov site for “Photon Belt” will return 6,800 results, mostly Astrobiologist’s answering the same question 6,800 times because very very stupid people keep asking it.

In the past week my in-box has been deluged by questions about a photon belt and three days of darkness, all supposedly confirmed by NASA. This is a really dumb lie. There is no photon belt, and claiming that we will have 3 days of darkness without indicating how (will the Sun just turn off?) is pretty silly.

I don’t know any way to answer other than telling the simple truth, that nothing will happen on December 21. As we get closer to this date, the world of the doomsday believers keeps getting weirder. I will be glad when this is over!

My job is not dull; I never cease to be amazed at the crazy ideas that are circulating and the number of gullible people who fall for them. The photon belt is one of the craziest.

And one last one from David Morrison Astrobiology Senior Scientist at NASA

As far as the NASA confirmation claim, clearly none of these questioners bothered to look on the nasa.gov website to see if this was true

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

A lot of people here just can’t face the facts that we are indeed in end times.
Open your eyes!
Come the 31st of December and it’s all over.

No more 2012.

Well, YOU open your eyes!
You are all gullible for believing this shit.
The mayans never said “The world is going to end in 2012”.
Their calendar is of solar cicles, their year count is not based off Jesus’s birth.

So, cut off your heads and don’t go around believing everything you find on internet.
This fake “prophecy” has spread too much already.

Flag Post

Cesarcurado, prove me wrong. Prove that after the 31st of December that 2012 will not end.

Flag Post

Cesarcurado, prove me wrong. Prove that after the 31st of December that 2012 will not end.

LOL…Flabby.
I’ll get to work on that….AFTER TOMORROW.
IF I’m still here,,,,that is.
I wonder how many ppl will die (suicide, heart failure) because they soooooo believed in this bunk that they can’t live w/ the truth of Dec. 22, 2012?

Flag Post

Well, if it was the rapture…I guess everybody was left behind.

Flag Post

No, you should prove the world is going to end in 2012.

Oh, you have none, so you ask me for proof.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Ok cesarcurado, I’ll let you in on the joke before this goes too far. If you read what I wrote, I said that 2012 will end after the 31st of December…which is true.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Why should he try to prove something he hasn’t said?

Dude… He’s saying and has said that the year 2012 will end when New Year’s day ends. In case you haven’t caught on, that’s the day when we go into a new and different year.

In this case, he’s saying that the year 2012 will end when the year 2013 begins (in other words after December 21st), and then he has asked you to prove that the year 2012 will not end at the time when damn near everyone in the rest of the world says it will.

He is not saying that the world will end on 2012, he’s saying that 2012 will end when it become 2012, something you obviously didn’t pick up on. Honestly, by continuing the accusation that he is claiming the world will end on 2012, you are making yourself look like eirther a really, really clueless person, or a troll and I don’t really want to be lieve either is true.

(Sorry for burtsing his bubble so soon Flabby, but just irked me a little too much.)

Okay, nevermind, we were of one mind on this one.

Flag Post

Aaaaaa…shit.
I was kinda enjoying the wordplay game.
LOL

I had my bet on 6 more rounds before it finally sank in.

Flag Post

Haha guys, I was feeling like I was being too much of an asshole.
But I like using that “end of 2012” line with believers of the Mayan End-of-times crock-of-shit…I won’t get to use it for much longer :(

Flag Post

I do not believe we are in the “end times” as you say, but I believe that it is a very looming possibility that many people will not take easily. We are in the natural process of thins, and you cannot predict what will happen in the future, you must live in the present and only in the future will we ever know.

I believe that if we are in the “end times”, it will be a man-made disaster brought on by somebody who does not know what they’re meddling with.

With the world’s “End” will come a new “Beginning”.

Flag Post

^

Flag Post

I don’t think end of the world scenarios matter.

Everyone eventually ages and can’t live forever.

EVeryone kinda has their own “end of world”

It sucks, but hopefully it’ll change.

Read and article saying that they might be making pills that will extend life indefinitely :)

Flag Post

before die I use a Rpk12 and a Smaw and a rpd and shoot to my ass and blow my self to space and I be safe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XshadowKillerXX:

before die I use a Rpk12 and a Smaw and a rpd and shoot to my ass and blow my self to space and I be safe.

It’s normally forum etiquette to only bump a thread if you have something other than moronic drivel to add

Flag Post

My pastor claims the rapture seems to be coming are way. I honestly we’re not even close to an end, if there truly is one. I personally believe people believe the world is soon ending because they simply want it to. They’re tired of the wretchedness that we endure and create. Terrible things have always been in existence. Perhaps humanity is just taking notice of it now. It’s just how it is, bad things happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KingZeldar3:

My pastor claims the rapture seems to be coming are way.

It’s something of a regular tradition, that the ‘end times’ are coming. Year on year we have these crazy predictions, and year on year they prove hogwash. It’s just that psychologically, some minds need for there to be ‘an end’, so they manufacture one.

A snippet of some ‘end of the world’ dates throughout history:

1914: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon.

1915: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (the first one was late)
1918: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (maybe we got the date wrong?)
1920: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (Better late than never)
1925: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (It is going to be like the busses: No armageddon for ages, and then three come along at once)
1941: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (There’s a war on. THIS time its got to be true, surely?)
1975: Jehovah’s Witnesses: Armageddon. (Oh, sod it)
mid-1970s: David Wilkerson: worldwide economic depression.
1977: William Branham: destruction of the U.S., termination of all governments into a world government, second coming.
1977: Pyramidologist Adam Rutherford: Beginning of the Millennium.
1978: Jim Jones took his cult with him.
1979-1980: John Todd: installation of a world government ruled by the Illuminati, with Jimmy Carter as the antichrist.
1980: Pat Robertson: “a year of sorrow and bloodshed that will have no end soon, for the world is being torn apart, and my kingdom shall rise from the ruins of it.”
1981: Hal Lindsey: pre-tribulational rapture.
1982: Pat Robertson: great tribulation.
1982: R.E. McMaster: world war and/or economic depression, based on cyclical theory.
1985: Pat Robertson: worldwide economic collapse.
1988: Hal Lindsey: second coming.
1988: Edgar Whisenant: second coming.
1988: Colin Deal: second coming. (if at first you don’t predict right, try, try again)

There are zounds more, both before and after this list. It’s one of those things that will likely always be with us: Bullshit claims of the end of the world is nigh.

Source

Flag Post

^ I suppose that makes sense.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

There are many ways the world could end, but most of them won’t happen in our lifetime

Flag Post

World War 3 might actually be the end…

Flag Post

Now, when we are in this sort of topics, we must be careful with our anthropocentrism. “Humans’ End”, “Mass Extinction”, “Earth’s End” and “Heat Death” are quite different but all can be referred as “end times”.