Does suicide mean you are going to hell??

117 posts

Flag Post

I have heard both sides at many churches. Some churches believe that if you are saved and you commit suicide that you will go to hell b/c that is basically turning your back on God and not letting him help you.

But other churches say that if your are saved and commit suicide that you will still go to heaven.

So i was wondering what other christians/religious people thought??

Flag Post

….nope

Flag Post

Why? If you are going to commit suicide, don’t. It won’t solve your problems.

Flag Post

No i was just was reading the thread about suicide and i remember talking about it at youth one night and i was wondering what people on here thought about suicide and if they think you go to heaven or hell depending on if your saved or not.

Flag Post

I don’t think tbp is thinking about suicide— he’s just wondering what others think (unless I’m mistaken, and I hope I’m not O.o).

Also presumably suicide would solve someone’s problems, if their problems included incurable emotional or physical pain. Then again, not much pain is incurable.

Flag Post

suicide is bad. Except in certain circumstances, I think suicide results in a lowering of the status of your life force

Flag Post

“Status of your life force”? You make life sound like a computer game.

Flag Post

maybe life is like a game? depends on how you look at it

Flag Post

http://kevinchiu.org/emote/facepalm.jpg

Flag Post

There are similarities even between things that are different. Here’s to you sir:
Bigger pic: http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/LatexDucky/facepalm23.jpg

Flag Post

The only way to not go to hell when you commit suicide is to do it in a church. I read this on the internets so it must be true.

Flag Post

Is that supposed to be a lot of pictures making one picture cause i cant see what it is supposed to be if thats the case?

Flag Post

haha vanguarde…….

Flag Post

tbp sit back FAR from the computer screen. You will see CAPTAIN PICARD OF THE U.S.S. ENTERPRISE holding his head in shame.

Flag Post

and look closely and you see many facepalms

Flag Post

oh i see it now haha….. but anyway back to the topic….

Flag Post

I believe that this kind of mindset depends on whether the person believes in certain aspects revolving around it. Some people believe that hell exists and some people don’t. Some people hold this belief to be true, and others feel like it’s a ridiculous assumption. Either way, we haven’t met someone who’s risen from the depths of hell, so we really honestly don’t know the true answer to this. Have fun figuring out the realities of your belief systems.

Flag Post

How can people say that suicide does not solve your problems? It surely rids you of your problems, which is pretty much equal to ‘solving your problems’. And you’re dead anyway, so if they return, you can say “hey fuck off I’m dead, leave me alone”.

Flag Post

It removes your problems, it doesn’t solve them. Some people see suicide as a weak way out of whatever you seemingly cannot face. If you are a strong person, you are able to live through a problem and solve it.

As a religious person, I’m inclined to believe that suicide isn’t necessarily “bad”, so won’t immediately send you to hell. One movie depicted that suicide sends you to heaven nor hell, but will send you to a very weird place I couldn’t even understand.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tomtomtombob:

Why? If you are going to commit suicide, don’t. It won’t solve your problems.

How will it not?

Originally posted by LatexDucky:

suicide is bad. Except in certain circumstances, I think suicide results in a lowering of the status of your life force

Why not?

It removes your problems, it doesn’t solve them

It stops it being a problem for you. That’s what solving is.

There are similarities even between things that are different. Here’s to you sir:

I can’t make that out. Everything is similar. One of the similarities is they are not completely different because of this similarity.

Some people see suicide as a weak way out of whatever you seemingly cannot face.

IS there any other way out from something you cannot face? Whether it seems or not.

Flag Post

How will it not?

It removes you from the situation, it does not solve the problems.

IS there any other way out from something you cannot face? Whether it seems or not.

Friends, family, social support. You don’t have to go through life alone.

Flag Post

tbp, look at it this way. We never asked to be here but here we are . Life’s a gift.
I believe here is the ONLY place we can do what’s right when its right, do right when its wrong, do wrong when its right , do wrong when its wrong.
When you commit suicide, you forfeit the gift, which terminates the grant to next stage. I say again: heaven may not be the place u like to be, hell may not be a place u loath.

Flag Post

If you are in a healthy state of mind of aware of what you are doing when you commit suicide, then yes, it is a sin. However, most people committing suicide aren’t doing it as a reasoned act, so in general no.

Flag Post

Of course not. I don’t know why this would be any different than other sins- lying, stealing, taking the Lord’s name in vain, as well as some others that are not as obvious. I sin all the time; I often do things that are not at all in worship to God. Do I repent? Yes- but not for each and every specific sin. If I had to do that to get into heaven, I wouldn’t stand a chance. Repentance is not simply asking for forgiveness; it’s realizing that you have done something wrong, admitting that you are certainly not holy like Him- the most important thing is having a sincere heart by realizing that, because what you have done is wrong, you must make an honest attempt to not do it again.

With God, there is no concept of time. Past, present, and future are not obstacles. He can grant salvation in the past based on faith, because He knows that in the future, He will send a Son as an object of their faith. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he died for past, present, and future sins. He knew that I was going to lie to my sister yesterday. He knew that my heart was not going to be in worship last Sunday. Yet, He forgave it.

The common problem of suicide is the fact that, well, when you die (thus, theoretically “making” the sin) you can no longer repent. Yet, forgiveness has already been granted, 2000 years earlier. There is only one unforgivable sin in the Bible- refusing to accept the forgiveness.

In conclusion- no, I don’t believe that suicide automatically sends someone to Hell.

Sorry for all the personal pronouns in the above paragraphs; when I say “you” I am talking about everyone, including myself.

Flag Post

“Of course not. I don’t know why this would be any different than other sins- lying, stealing, taking the Lord’s name in vain, as well as some others that are not as obvious. I sin all the time; I often do things that are not at all in worship to God. Do I repent? Yes- but not for each and every specific sin. If I had to do that to get into heaven, I wouldn’t stand a chance. Repentance is not simply asking for forgiveness; it’s realizing that you have done something wrong, admitting that you are certainly not holy like Him- the most important thing is having a sincere heart by realizing that, because what you have done is wrong, you must make an honest attempt to not do it again.”
I wouldn’t count on you not having to repent on every sin. This “god” I’ve been hearing about so much seems quite picky and some what petty to me.