Does suicide mean you are going to hell?? page 3

117 posts

Flag Post

Find a girlfriend.

I don’t really know any girls. Where do I look?

Flag Post

School is usually a solid place, unless you go to an all boys school.

If so, I assume you have friends that are guys. Get one of them to introduce you to some girls.

The meeting part is usually hard =\

Flag Post

Extra-Curricular activities are also a great place to look. Habitat for Humanity, for instance, lets you meet people in a non-school setting, allowing you to break the ice. Aside from the obvious benefits to your physical well-being, charity work can create new relationships and improve self-image. I highly recommend it.

Flag Post

School is usually a solid place, unless you go to an all boys school.

I’m homeschooled. I stay home all day.

Flag Post

Then go with fuzzy’s idea. Join an extra-curricular activity. Join a running club/non-school sports club or volunteer for a charity. It’s usually a great way to meet people.

Flag Post

Then go with fuzzy’s idea. Join an extra-curricular activity. Join a running club/non-school sports club or volunteer for a charity. It’s usually a great way to meet people.

I might try that. Thanks.

Flag Post

Hell, you could take tennis lessons or something. Anything that gets you outside doing something with other people is good.

Back on topic >_>

Suicide according to the catholics = hell.

Some christians believe it doesn’t. I’m neutral since I’m hardly christian, and I’m not exactly an expert on christian writings.

Flag Post

Not even that generalisation works; the catholic clergy insist that suicide is a mortal sin, but the catholic laypeople themselves have many varied opinions on the matter.

Flag Post

there is no such thing as hell. religion makes that up to scare you into being a good catholic or christian or whatever

Flag Post

This presupposes there is such a place as hell. Since there is no real evidence for such a place there is no reason to assume that one would end up there for taking thier life. Of course, plenty of mythologies..I mean religions, may have something to say on it.

Flag Post

I find the description of where the suicidal go quite disturbing.

Seventh Level of Hell:

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

Flag Post

Yes, i believe that you will go to hell because God gave you your life and he decides when to take it back, and suicide is never the option, my best friend tried to commit suicide and it was the scariest time of my life, not knowing whether she would be alright or if i would ever see her again, so don’t put the people around you through that

Flag Post

Cuddly, do you have any evidence to support that, eh?

Flag Post

As much as I hate to be nit-picky, Darth, that description comes from Dante’s “The Inferno”, which, as far as my understanding goes, does not tend to agree with the biblical version of hell. But that’s a non-issue.

I don’t believe in God, but I do believe that should both he and an afterlife exist, suicide would be considered on a case-by-case basis. For instance, the person who commits suicide because of depression might be considered in a different light than the person who kills twelve people and then himself, as the situations are vastly different and can hardly be considered in the same light.

suicide is never the option

Blanket statements aren’t usually a good way to go in a slow-paced argument like this (See the thread on Hedging [Great thread, by the way, PFB]), as absolutes are easy to disprove without actually debunking the real “meaning” of the argument, if that makes any sense.

That being said, I do tend to agree with the statement:

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Flag Post

I find the description of where the suicidal go quite disturbing: /snip/

Dante Alighieri didn’t write the bible.

The Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost are poems based on Christianity, not religious texts themselves.

I guess you could call them Bible fanfiction.

Flag Post

Why would i need evidence? i said that’s what i believe not that it’s fact

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Definitely
(sorry i haven’t figured out the quotes yet)

Flag Post

You only go to hell when you commit suicide if you listen to THAT CAMP of preachers, who want you to beleive that. The truth is, nobody knows.

Luckily, I don’t believe in a God, or a Satan, Heaven or Hell, so when I die, I’ll simply be allowed DIE like I’m supposed to instead of being resuscitated into Eternal torment, or a Heaven where I can’t skate.

Flag Post

I think that if you aren’t allredy schedueled to go to hell then you wont but then again only those who have accually commited suicide would know

Flag Post

i dont have a religion so i just posted what i thaught

Flag Post

. One movie depicted that suicide sends you to heaven nor hell, but will send you to a very weird place I couldn’t even understand.

what movie?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Malekkai:

You only go to hell when you commit suicide if you listen to THAT CAMP of preachers, who want you to beleive that. The truth is, nobody knows.

Luckily, I don’t believe in a God, or a Satan, Heaven or Hell, so when I die, I’ll simply be allowed DIE like I’m supposed to instead of being resuscitated into Eternal torment, or a Heaven where I can’t skate.

That camp of preachers? yes there are bad preachers and priests. Want you to believe that? why would the want you to believe that?
If the truth is that nobody knows, then you arent really sure about that? and you are saying that everyone is brainless and unable to think?
LUCKILY you dont believe in God? man your life is so pointless. And to die? dude I bet you dont know what is that.

God is very true, the thing is that people like you havent even read the Bible (or understand it) and havent been a TRUE christian, or went to a GOOD church or simply thought about it for REAL.

Flag Post

I mean, I guess it depends on your reason to. If its because you, ONLY YOU, are having problems, its being selfish. But if you feel really bad for someone else and do it, i guess not?

Flag Post

no. hell doesn’t exist.

Flag Post

Hell does not exist and people should have the option of suicide if they want. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to live/exist just for the purpose of living/existing. If suicide does affect others then those others also have the option of suicide if they want, only suicide isn’t for everyone just as life isn’t for everyone.

Flag Post

Why did you bump this one after so long, Galdos?