What do you think of Reality TV Shows?

15 posts

Flag Post

I was faced by a question by my teacher yesterday while I was studying in her classroom

She asked me this:
“What do you think of Reality TV Shows? Could it be harmful to society?”

I answered:
“I think Reality TV Shows are a bit awful. They are quite funny but my brother is acting stupid because of it.”

I forgot what she said about it but I remember her saying it was “making the society dumb”.

I want to know what you think of those types of shows.

(Sorry for using too much Reality TV Shows)

Flag Post

I think they are painfully boring. And they seem to have an impact on how certain people in the target audience who actually watch them behave. There actually are people who look at the cast of some of these shows as role models. And the way many of those shows are built they tend to promote stereotypes like crazy. And the scripting (none of those shows really deserve to be called reality) usually aims at solving these issues, since the only way to get some action in this inherently boring format is to create conflicts.
Also, they ruined my MTV.

They should be banned.
For wasting people’s time.
And for RUINING MY MTV!!!
I’m actually glad that I currently don’t have a TV. There are times during the day when you practically can’t avoid that BS if you don’t have anything to do.

Flag Post

Stick to reading, along with shows that don’t involve aliens on the History channel.

Flag Post

to be honest I rarely watch tv, the last time I owned cable was… 6 years ago? and even then i rarely watched tv
but most reality tv shows are scripted to some point.
It was a cool idea when it started, but it’s been overused.

Flag Post

I hate most of them because about 90% of them are just shows about people doing dumb stuff or bitching at each other. Just look at the kardashian sisters and snooki.

Flag Post

Honey Boo Boo should be shot.

Flag Post

Survivor was good when it first came out. Who can ever forget the fat naked guy?

Flag Post

I never watched reality tv shows. I usually just watch educational ones and the news and the weather.
I guess they’re bad since people are learning from it.
It’s like letting yourself be dumb down by the media

Flag Post

Mostly, it is like Pooky said.
Reality shows aren’t, in reality, real.

Flag Post

Reality shows nowadays are poisoning the younger generation’s minds.

Flag Post

what worries me is that so many people think that “reality show” means that it documents reality. most of it is so far removed from reality, it makes the bible seem plausible.

Flag Post

They are very hypnotizing to my generation, they make you think of things that are not even reality. Thus, kids nowadays cannot even focus on a task and accomplish it without veering off to do something else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjbbjjb90:

u alredy live in reality
y watch it on tv?

Because the one on TV is much, MUCH better than “mine.”

Yeah, not nearly as good as the REAL FICTION stuff…..
but, at least I know that it is FICTIOPN in those movies, etc that is responsible for….a six-shooter that can fire 28 times and that 5 bad guys seem to somehow turn into 48 that get killed over&OVER. It’s called: dramatic effect//liscence.

It is when something is promoted as being “real” when it actually isn’t….even close, that the problems begin. Most sane ppl know “magic” is just that: NOT magic. But, they can “allow” themselves the luxury of “marvel” at how “magically” they can be deceived.

It is those sad individuals that truly believe certain “feats” actually ARE true.
The Big Brother TV show readily admits that it isn’t “reality”….
yet, huge amounts of ppl hang on every word of “suspense” of all the back-stabbing that is orchestrated by the producer.

Hundreds of hours of recording the Survivor TV show are “meshed” together to PRODUCE the final “product”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to know that the “survivors” aren’t asked to “reenact” some events for various reasons…..“for the good of the show”.

NOW, I don’t really wanna step on any one’s toes…
BUT, in some specific ways….in looking at certain aspects of….because of very dubious claims,,,,can’t SOME OF RELGION be seen as one huge “reality show”?

Flag Post

Don’t like em

dont see the point in watching other people live their lives

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:
Originally posted by bjjbbjjb90:

u alredy live in reality
y watch it on tv?

Because the one on TV is much, MUCH better than “mine.”

Yeah, not nearly as good as the REAL FICTION stuff…..
but, at least I know that it is FICTIOPN in those movies, etc that is responsible for….a six-shooter that can fire 28 times and that 5 bad guys seem to somehow turn into 48 that get killed over&OVER. It’s called: dramatic effect//liscence.

It is when something is promoted as being “real” when it actually isn’t….even close, that the problems begin. Most sane ppl know “magic” is just that: NOT magic. But, they can “allow” themselves the luxury of “marvel” at how “magically” they can be deceived.

It is those sad individuals that truly believe certain “feats” actually ARE true.
The Big Brother TV show readily admits that it isn’t “reality”….
yet, huge amounts of ppl hang on every word of “suspense” of all the back-stabbing that is orchestrated by the producer.

Hundreds of hours of recording the Survivor TV show are “meshed” together to PRODUCE the final “product”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to know that the “survivors” aren’t asked to “reenact” some events for various reasons…..“for the good of the show”.

NOW, I don’t really wanna step on any one’s toes…
BUT, in some specific ways….in looking at certain aspects of….because of very dubious claims,,,,can’t SOME OF RELGION be seen as one huge “reality show”?

And at least survivor is “real” compared to some of the other ones out there. That million dollar prize is a pretty strong motivation (thus limiting how easily the camera c, and those guys really are struggling just to survive those first few days. And the reenactments are usually of things that actually happened on their own, even if you’re only getting to see the juiciest pieces.

I still got tired of it not long after the pirate incident. Shoes and pirates, tehe!