Black Holes/Space?

142 posts

Flag Post

Black holes, i think these are the most Dangerous things in Existence, i mean what do they do apart from “Obliterate” everything (even light) some people say were ganna kill ourself, i believe that to.

Black holes/Stars/etc are the “Creators of life” i mean, Stars create light, which (practically) brings life, Oxygen is the “Life bringer” as some people say. but The Sun is The bigger deal

Blackholes on the other hand, they destroy life, opposite of a sun, they dont bring life, they dont help us, there the “Devil” to put it in science…

The Bigger Deal is The Big Bang, there more chance that it happened, i mean, the massive ultra giant something something black hole (1000X the size of our sun) something must of happened to make it That Big.

i wouldn’t believe God would make something like that, if his to Kind and Forgiving.

Flag Post

Opinion?

I’ve never seen a more garbled sentence about space in my life.

Flag Post

Um…yes.

Flag Post

if you dont know what im saying, dont put anything down, if your into space, put something down, people like yourself dont know anything about space, therefore, you know nothing about what im saying.

Flag Post

Black holes don’t obliterate everything; they just suck it in and compress it to a singularity. The information is not lost either, as through Hawking radiation the black holes constantly emit some of their energy as thermal radiation.

Flag Post

I know all the words you said, and what they mean, but c’mon, you said that Black holes are both the creator and the destroyer. You also said that both our sun and the Big Bang are “The Bigger Deals”

The first paragraph… What?

some people were ganna kill ourself, i believe that to.

Flag Post

It’s astonishing how much ignorance one individual can pack into a sentence isn’t it? Grammatically, semantically, factually, logically… “a_wise_fish” covers them all. Accolades.

Flag Post

Alright, let’s tackle this sentence by sentence

Black holes, i think these are the most Dangerous things in Existence, i mean what do they do apart from “Obliterate” everything (even light) some people were ganna kill ourself, i believe that to.

Sure, they’re inescapable, but I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to be able to contact one anytime soon. And why would someone throw themselves into one to commit suicide? That’s like buying a yacht and killing yourself by swimming under it: way too expensive.

Black holes/Stars/Dwarf Stars/etc are the “Creators of life” i mean, Stars create light, which (practically) brings life, Oxygen is the “Life bringer” as some people say. but The Sun is The bigger deal

…The sun is a star…and black holes don’t really create anything…and what the hell does a dwarf star have to do with any of this?

Blackholes on the other hand, they destroy life, opposite of a sun, they dont bring life, they dont help us, there the “Devil” to put it in science…

That’s actually not true. Some scientists believe in the (very) far future, we will be able to harvest energy from black holes as well as having a safe and easy way to dispose of waste. So they have the potential to help us.

The Bigger Deal is The Big Bang, there more chance that it happened, i mean, the massive ultra giant something something black hole (1000X the size of our sun) something must of happened to make it That Big.

wha??

i wouldn’t believe God would make something like that, if his to Kind and Forgiving.

If God created gravity, then a black hole would inevitably occur.

In conclusion, I have two questions: What are you smoking, and Where can I get some?

Flag Post

In conclusion, I have two questions: What are you smoking, and Where can I get some?

I agree. It the end of semester 1 and I need some blow, and this guy obviously has lots!

Flag Post

and black holes don’t really create anything

Black holes are complex beasts. Among their mysterious traits are intense jets of matter that sometimes shoot out from the rotational poles at nearly light-speed.

They create jets of matter that could kill us if we were un-fortunate enough to cross the matter’s path. Not saying we will, just saying they do create something.

Source.

Flag Post

Alright, let’s tackle this sentence by sentence

You’re a brave man, muhfish. <sniff>

Black holes, most dangerous things in existence? Have you ever wondered what would happen if you fell into a star before it collapsed? The universe takes no prisoners.

Flag Post

Anti matter is more dangerous to matter.
…………_
2H + H → H

Flag Post

What do you mean by ‘dangerous’, anyway?

Flag Post

If by dangerous we mean “something that can kill you”, if you try to leave the atmosphere, you’re pretty much fucked. It doesn’t really matter what comes your way; it’s gonna kill you.

@RMcD: If anti-matter came after us, it’d be a suicide mission, so that’s a lose-lose situation for the Negaverse. But if a black hole gets you? It endures. So you see, black holes are more… sinister. Sinisterer.

please no one start talking about negaverses i just made the word up its not real

Flag Post

Black Holes really aren’t a problem.

For example, if our sun suddenly became a black hole, the size the event horizon would be is smaller then the sun is now.

Flag Post

Yeah, we’d all be just fine.

No, I know what you mean; they shouldn’t be as scary as we sometimes think they are.

Flag Post

@RMcD: If anti-matter came after us, it’d be a suicide mission, so that’s a lose-lose situation for the Negaverse. But if a black hole gets you? It endures. So you see, black holes are more… sinister. Sinisterer.

Yeah, but black holes keep the matter. Even if the black hole consumed everything there would still be something yet, if it was

50/50 antimatter/matter then there would be naught.

Flag Post

I was going to post something intelligent about how black holes condense matter, but that picture a few posts up made me lose my fuzzy.

Flag Post

RMcD – Not really.

A black whole may tend to trap matter, but it also leaks. During a matter/antimatter reaction energy is released equal to the amount of mass involved. Either way nothing is being lost, things are simply changing forms or states.

What exactly is the point of this discussion anyways?

Flag Post

Saint, the point of this discussion is to show awesome pictures.

On a more serious note, I do have a question. Why don’t black holes suck up everything in the universe?

Flag Post

Why would they?

Flag Post

I don’t understand why everybody is making such a large deal about this. We all know a black hole (created by the Large Hadron Colider) is going to kill us sometimes soon, anyway.

But… seriously, there’s nothing to worry about right? Right?

On a more serious note, I do have a question. Why don’t black holes suck up everything in the universe?

Black holes have a limit, they don’t suck in everything… and I believe they suck in dark matter slower…

Flag Post

Don’t they just go around like a vacuum cleaner and suck up everything? And there’s gotta be trillions of them.

Maybe they wear out after a period of time?

I honestly don’t know.

Flag Post

Actually, the amount of matter/energy in the universe does change.

Oh, why doesn’t everyone just read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_holes

It’d save all this pointless discussion; it’s not exactly all that controversial any more.

Flag Post

Why don’t black holes suck up everything in the universe?

Imagine a magnet, anything within a couple inches gets sucked up, but the whole room doesn’t get sucked up. The pull only reaches a limited amount before it has no effect, this is the event horizon.

Don’t they just go around like a vacuum cleaner and suck up everything?

Pick up a vacumm cleaner over your shoulders and run around the room. I doubt you will suck anything up.