USA vs England (locked)

319 posts

Flag Post

which country is better all around people, politics, economy, manufacturing capability, religion, education system, crime rate, military, sports, and human rights are the combating attributes. so whos the winner

Flag Post

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece wow 13 year old is a dad hmmm only in the UK?

Flag Post

Every country has their good and their bad

lets not create generalities

and fuck nationalism, ill burn both flags to prove a point if I have to.

No countries = No wars = Peace :D

Flag Post

Yay nationalism.

Flag Post

lol i could see how that could fly here in america because we are such a melting pot……but in england i dunno ive seen the different fans of futball about kill each other and they are from the same basic country? but in order for that to work there would have to be a planetary language….spainish?

Flag Post

there is a universal language called esperanto. It never gained ground

Flag Post

so i think america wins in people, manufacturing capability, education, military, sports, and human rights. and crime rate id put up at a tie. america fails in religion because i dont think there should be one that is so deeply connected to the government. it fails in politics because most of the people who vote are voting based on who they like more or from single issues. we lose in economy obviously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkninja210:

lol i could see how that could fly here in america because we are such a melting pot……but in england i dunno ive seen the different fans of futball about kill each other and they are from the same basic country? but in order for that to work there would have to be a planetary language….spainish?

Yeah, the British are weird..(don’t ‘diss’ ‘em, half my family is from England. I will hunt you down and blow yur brains out if you do. Yes, I will, and I won’t rest ‘til I do) and they are pretty keen on football, but that aside, if you’re asking me where I’d rather live, I’d say America, and just hope I don’t get swept away by a hurricane..(or whatever you call then over there-you know, the big circles of wind? What are they called in America?

I’d hardly call Spanish ‘planetary’

Flag Post

To be honest, I’ve only been in the USA my whole life and in Mexico for a few hours. Other than that, I don’t have any international travel experience. From what I have heard, I greatly favor the culture of England. It seems very historical, progressive, and interesting. Other than that, I think nationalism is stupid, and that is a large reason why I dislike much of American culture (which implies that nationalism is natural and obligatory [or else you’re a terrorist].) Perhaps it is similar in England, but from what I have read, seen, and heard about it, they seem different in a positive way from the US. It is one of the places in the world I most want to travel to.

Flag Post

troll thread fails.

Flag Post

It seems very historical, progressive, and interesting. Other than that, I think nationalism is stupid, and that is a large reason why I dislike much of American culture (which implies that nationalism is natural and obligatory [or else you’re a terrorist].)

Having lived in England my whole life, I would say that there definitely is a brand of nationalism, the whole island mentality. I have also travelled to the US a few times. To me it seems the biggest advantage is that whenever you are in America there seems to be a lack of neutrality. Ie you are either on one side of the fence or the other, you have to part pf some group eg republicans,demmocrats,liberals whatever, it seems there is a tangible gang mentality. In England much less value is placed on what you label yourself. Although there are also plenty of American things I wish were true in the UK.

Flag Post

There is no such thing as a whole country being better than another. To really analyze that you’d have to go around and discover the personality of everybody there to see how kind and good they are.

Originally posted by pmr0078:

Every country has their good and their bad

lets not create generalities

and fuck nationalism, ill burn both flags to prove a point if I have to.

No countries = No wars = Peace :D

I agree.

Flag Post

There is no such thing as a whole country being better than another.

I disagree. Where would you rather live, Zimbabwe or the US? There are many factors determining whether a country is better than another. It is however incorrect to say that because someone is from a certain country that they are inferior/superior.

Flag Post

Someone has to: Did you really mean England or actually the whole United Kingdom?

Flag Post

Where would you rather live, Zimbabwe or the US?

Prior to 2000 Zimbabwe wasn’t all that bad.

Flag Post

True, but I was using it as an example to prove that undeniably some countries are ‘better’ than others.

Flag Post

Well Canada is the best but I’d say USA is better cuz they don’t have annoying british accents and my favourite NHL hockey team is American.

Flag Post

I’d say USA is better cuz they don’t have annoying british accents

Many would say American accents are just as annoying. It’s a matter of opinion. To compare a country against another there are many far more important factors you should take into consideration.

Flag Post

Using culture as a way of comparing countries is a bad way to do it as there will obviously be biases toward your own most likely.

Also I would prefer someone with a British accent than to someone with a southern one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PCal:

Using culture as a way of comparing countries is a bad way to do it as there will obviously be biases toward your own most likely.

Also I would prefer someone with a British accent than to someone with a southern one.

Larry the Cable Guy pisses me off.

Flag Post

The USA would defeat the Brits because we have numerous carrier groups that would crush the UK. And our Delta Operators make the British special forces look like grunts.

Flag Post

The USA would defeat the Brits because we have numerous carrier groups that would crush the UK. And our Delta Operators make the British special forces look like grunts.

The strength of a nation’s military doesn’t make a country better or worse than another one. Plus Delta better than the SAS? You must be joking.

Flag Post
Originally posted by woodythedon:

The strength of a nation’s military doesn’t make a country better or worse than another one. Plus Delta better than the SAS? You must be joking.

you really have to be joking sas better than delta? sorry to break it to everyone seals dont even beat delta. for 1 the US has a much larger pool of the best of the best to pick from so your looking at practically Olympic quality athletes in the people in delta. granted delta was taken from SAS in the 70s but since then the training they go through has been taking 3 levels higher they cross train with every special forces team imaginable. so 2 is they have the most intense and diversified training of any SF unit period. there may be better units in terms of specialty but hand down across the board delta is the most elite there is nothing they are not capable of. do some research before you make claims that are based on patriotism.

Flag Post

there is nothing they are not capable of. do some research before you make claims that are based on patriotism.

Then why are former SAS still the most highly valued private security employees in the world above Delta?

Training cannot substitute for the real thing. Because of all the conflicts Britain has got involved in the SAS have seen more combat than Delta ie Northern Ireland, the Falklands, Sierra Leone etc. Perhaps if you looked at the training regime of the SAS you would think differently.

Flag Post
Originally posted by woodythedon:

I’d say USA is better cuz they don’t have annoying british accents

Many would say American accents are just as annoying. It’s a matter of opinion. To compare a country against another there are many far more important factors you should take into consideration.

I agree. I also hate how the USA stereotype our accents. For instance, in the classic American series Frasier, there is a woman called Daphne with a London accent-because she is from London: the actor, I mean-for some reason she’s from Manchester in the show. But when some of her relatives come along they sound flipping Australian, for God’s sake! It’s hideous!

But I guess the USA can say the same about us trying on their accents.