Vigilantes - good or bad? page 9

212 posts

Flag Post

but if someone gets free and justice will never be served, then who cares about the laws. serve some personal justice, even if you get in trouble.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

but if someone gets free and justice will never be served, then who cares about the laws. serve some personal justice, even if you get in trouble.

Or make people know about what’s wrong wit the current system, so that it can be improved for the future instead of dishing out your personal opinion of justice and ultimately doing more harm than good.
What if that person really was not guilty? What gives you the right to use your own sense of justice and harm that guy?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vanguarde:

Let’s me change up the usual religion threads for a change..

Let’s talk about Vigilantes..

All the rage in the 70’s..

Do you think we need more of them? It is clear criminals do not fear the cops as much as they should..

I think we need to train vigilantes and promote them as being ‘out there, ready to bust you when cops are not around’.

I think Vigilantes need to be given special treatment when caught. Like 7 days community service. How about cleaning the highways at 3….AM. ( hint hint )

Criminals need to fear something other than arrest. They need to fear death, and pray that the cops arrest them instead of these professional killers finding them and killing them in a slow and painful death.

You know how thugs usually back down when a police dog is set after them, or even just the bark? Why is that?

FEAR.

At that moment the perp fears the dogs bite more than anything else.

We need to have citizens who are angry at the crime and the lack of police effort to step up and take the war back to the criminals.

What is your take on this?

the laws regarding use of force and getting sued makes cops more cautious and it makes criminals or dangerous. theyll strike hard(sueing) if they are trapped(imprisoned), because they have nothing to lose.

Flag Post

So basically you want criminals to not be regarded as persons anymore and that they lose all their rights?

Flag Post

to those that post the same answer:

so if i wanted to make the world peaceful, its okay to enslave everyone so that they dont kill anyone and to kill people to instill fear in order to achieve peace?

Flag Post

I seriously have no idea what you are arguing anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

Men need to be led, not subued to submission or in this case, termination.

nope. men should not be led. they are not slaves. we need to work TOGETHER.

also, what if the evil was in the position of power.
v for vendetta

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

Men need to be led, not subued to submission or in this case, termination.

nope. men should not be led. they are not slaves. we need to work TOGETHER.

So, then, why do you condone vigilantism instead of working together and improving the situation?

Flag Post

EPR, I think Galdos honestly believes every individual will always work for the common good. He approves of vigilantes I think, because in his mind a ‘good’ person is incapable of doing anything wrong. It’s reflected in his other ‘arguments’. A highly simplistic, unworkable worldview based on an intrinsic desire for cooperation that does not exist.

Flag Post

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Flag Post

What this man says.
There’s no need for vigilantes if the government isn’t corrupt to the point that the cops don’t make arrests.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator