Should convicted felons get hospice care? page 2

117 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by tyralpha:
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

Joe Arpaio

His system reminds me of a certain Soviet system involving remote environments and few supplies.

I don’t think all his ideas are terrible, but outside during the day in Arizona…I suppose it depends on if they are issued proper amounts of water and medical care.

you do know that it is entirely voluntary to go to tent city? They get more good behavior days by going to tent city.

I’m curious where you got that information.

Flag Post

this depends for me. are they still in jail? or are they no longer in jail? if they are still in jail it still depends is it b/c they couldnt follow hierarchy within the jail and got practically beat to death or have they served the majority of there life sentence. really if they have served a life sentence with no major incidents then i have no problem giving them hospice care in there last hours. otherwise screw them feel the pain before you burn criminal scum!!!!!

Flag Post

As someone who has done jail time, allow me to explain a few things.

Don’t judge somebody untill you hear their story. The whole story.
Calling everybody in the penal “criminal scum” if they haven’t served a life sentence with no “incidents” is utterly ridiculous.

Please read through the Geneva Conventions.

Especially Article 44, Prisoners of War.

I demanded very simple things.

The right not to wear a prison uniform;
The right not to do prison work;
The right of free association with other prisoners, and to organise educational and recreational pursuits;
The right to one visit, one letter and one parcel per week;
Full restoration of remission lost through protest.

And I was treated as a “non-conforming” prisoner. Do I still deserve hospice care?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

As someone who has done jail time, allow me to explain a few things.

Don’t judge somebody untill you hear their story. The whole story.
Calling everybody in the penal “criminal scum” if they haven’t served a life sentence with no “incidents” is utterly ridiculous.

Please read through the Geneva Conventions.

Especially Article 44, Prisoners of War.

I demanded very simple things.

The right not to wear a prison uniform;
The right not to do prison work;
The right of free association with other prisoners, and to organise educational and recreational pursuits;
The right to one visit, one letter and one parcel per week;
Full restoration of remission lost through protest.

And I was treated as a “non-conforming” prisoner. Do I still deserve hospice care?

no you were apparently found guilty so bear your mark of shame(uniform). being in jail is not a free ride college for criminals i expect you to do work as a portion of my money is feeding you. history shows that education and gathering/organization of a subjugated population can be dangerous so no. i have no problem with your other demands. also you were not a POW you were a convicted criminal

Flag Post

no you were apparently found guilty so bear your mark of shame(uniform).

I was found “guilty” not by a jury of my peers, but by three british judges under british law for acts on Irish soil. I do not see how that makes me “guilty”.

being in jail is not a free ride college for criminals

I didn’t ask for any help or resources, I asked for the right to organise it myself.

i expect you to do work as a portion of my money is feeding you.

Sir, part of my “non-conforming” status was the refusal to eat prison food.

history shows that education and gathering/organization of a subjugated population can be dangerous so no.

Sources? And what gives you the right to subjugate that population in the first place?

i have no problem with your other demands

I’m glad.

also you were not a POW you were a convicted criminal

I maintain my Prisoner of War status. Perhaps you’d actually like to hear the circumstances surrounding it before you judge me? How do you know I was a convicted criminal? What was I convicted of?

Flag Post

no you were apparently found guilty so bear your mark of shame(uniform).

I was found “guilty” not by a jury of my peers, but by three british judges under british law for acts on Irish soil. I do not see how that makes me “guilty”.

being in jail is not a free ride college for criminals

I didn’t ask for any help or resources, I asked for the right to organise it myself.

i expect you to do work as a portion of my money is feeding you.

Sir, part of my “non-conforming” status was the refusal to eat prison food.

history shows that education and gathering/organization of a subjugated population can be dangerous so no.

Sources? And what gives you the right to subjugate that population in the first place?

i have no problem with your other demands

I’m glad.

ah well what you say here changes much to some extent i really dont care if it was something that did not happen in america i choose to have no opinion on it much. as it doesnt not pertain to me but from how you put it i cant say that i agree with the justice system of britain……much less if it involved acts in another country that they get to sentence you. to clarify being a prisoner means that you are being subjugated by the government. but for examples slaves rise up over throw there masters. america got organized and fought against British tyranny. it does sound as if you were a non-conforming prisoner even if you were for very civilized reasons . what would you need hospice care for thou?

Flag Post

ah well what you say here changes much to some extent

Which is why I say you shouldn’t make blanket generalisations about all prisoners without knowing the whole story.

i really dont care if it was something that did not happen in america

How sad.

i choose to have no opinion on it much.

And yet you seem very opinionated to me.

as it doesnt not pertain to me

The geneva conventions don’t pertain to you?

but from how you put it i cant say that i agree with the justice system of britain

I’m glad that you see it this way.

much less if it involved acts in another country that they get to sentence you.

They have invaded and annexed the particular section of land. It’s questionable as to if it’s another country or not. I say they have no authority, they say they do.

to clarify being a prisoner means that you are being subjugated by the government.

That really doesn’t clarify things at all, entire populations are being held prisoner? I guess you could see it that way. I’d define a prisoner as one who is being detained. Usually in a prison. Either way, they still have the right to hospice care.

but for examples slaves rise up over throw there masters.

Not sure where this is going or how it’s relevant.

america got organized and fought against British tyranny.

And a fine job you did.

it does sound as if you were a non-conforming prisoner

They labelled me as such. I maintain that I was a Politcal Prisoner and a Prisoner of War.

even if you were for very civilized reasons .

Defense of one’s country against invaders is one of the noblest and civilest calls.

what would you need hospice care for thou?

That was never the question. The question was, should I have the right to it?

Flag Post

in your case mainly due to the lack of violence/wicked criminal intent yes. i still am a bit flabbergasted as to how protest leaves you in prison

Flag Post

in your case mainly due to the lack of violence

There was much violence involved.

wicked criminal intent

I cannot fathom why some people would think defending one’s country from invaders is wicked.

i still am a bit flabbergasted as to how protest leaves you in prison

That is how fascism works mo chara.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkninja210:

in your case mainly due to the lack of violence/wicked criminal intent yes. i still am a bit flabbergasted as to how protest leaves you in prison

Behavior likely to disturb the peace?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:

likely isnt reason enough if that were the case america wouldnt hand out CCWs as apparently having a gun means likeliness to commit murder

Flag Post

I wasn’t charged with anything, well that’s not true, there were other minor things they did use against me but they aren’t worth mentioning. I was detained under the Terrorism Act for the maximum legal peroid of 28 days. 28 days of being grilled, beaten, and otherwise abused for a confession that I never gave.

Flag Post

I wasn’t charged with anything, well that’s not true, there were other minor things they did use against me but they aren’t worth mentioning. I was detained under the Terrorism Act for the maximum legal peroid of 28 days. 28 days of being grilled, beaten, and otherwise abused for a confession that I never gave.

sounds like you did the right thing against unjust treatment for the record when you said it was very violent in what way and i in no way was emplying that you or any civil protest is of criminal intent except those which have a message of hate or intolerance

Flag Post

This isn’t a video of my case, but it’s incredibly similar.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-fJxwCJPmg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" width="660" height="525"></embed>

About 1:30 in all hell breaks loose.

Flag Post

well that wasnt exactly peaceful and for the most part id say the police? were being very patient and tolerant. at the end were they running away or to get. if that was a political protest for that place to get freed from english tyranny i do not understand why they are destroying everything. maybe just me but if you want to be free acts like that are not the way to go. id start in a small corner declare independence and spread out from there the key point is that you need to have the peoples support which seems to be in abundance……also guns could help i do not advocate their use thou merely their presence more or less as a deterrent kind of thing ie ill fight for freedom give me freedom or give me death. but it is some thing i think you should expect within your lifetime and you have my foreign support

Flag Post

Alright, you Irish guys heard the man. Get in your corner with your guns and your people and get to work.

Why do the British attempt to maintain rule in such turmoil? The benefits of retaining sovereignty can’t be worth the ever growing drawbacks.

Flag Post

The violence of that particular protest was sparked by a loyalist march through very republican areas. If this happened online, I would call it trolling. They went out looking to cause trouble and they did.

Why do the British attempt to maintain rule in such turmoil? The benefits of retaining sovereignty can’t be worth the ever growing drawbacks.

This has been one of the goals of the IRA for a very long time. The 1977 edition of the Green Book says it best, “A bombing campaign aimed at making the enemy’s financial interests in our country unprofitable while at the same time curbing long term investment in our country.” It’s a key part of the Long War and Eire Nua strategy. As to why they don’t give it up? Honestly I think it’s sheer pride at this point. Ulster is one of the last remnants of the empire they once had. You’d have to ask one of them to know for sure.

Flag Post

Were you known to be a part of a ‘terrorist’ group, or violent group or just protesting violently?

I’m just curious on what grounds they can generally hold people under the terrorism act for.

Flag Post

Were you known to be a part of a ‘terrorist’ group

That is debateable. It’s been tossed around before, but I don’t believe the army of a nation’s people to be terrorists. Others do. Specifically, I was thought to be a member of the CIRA.

I’m just curious on what grounds they can generally hold people under the terrorism act for.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000011_en_2#pt2-pb1-l1g8

Specifically, I was held under sections:
13 Uniform
33 Cordoned areas
and suspicion of:
11 Membership
12 Support

And various other things. As to who they can charge with it?

Section 41
Arrest without warrant
A constable may arrest without a warrant a person whom he reasonably suspects to be a terrorist.

Basically, this boils down to the PSNI/RUC running around pointing fingers, “YOU!, YOU!, AND YOU! TERRORISTS!” And a return to internment.

Flag Post

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/ukpga_2000…
wow this is completely despicable if i were you based on the reading for what you were doing id just keep changing the name of the organization to keep if off of schedule 2…..geez and i thought the patriot act was bad this is unfathomable you know unarmed populations usually get subjugated its really terrible what you and ireland my homeland are facing (i may be adopted and not know my true heritage but im mostly irish with some german based on physical traits of mine) so im all for these guys

The Irish National Liberation Army.

The Irish People’s Liberation Organisation.

free ireland already. i forgot that you cant own guns as you are under british rule. how did ireland get into this situation to begin with?

Flag Post

The Red Hand Commando.
The Ulster Freedom Fighters.
The Ulster Volunteer Force.
The Ulster Defence Association.
The Loyalist Volunteer Force.
The Orange Volunteers.
The Red Hand Defenders.

Erm.. I’m sure this was quite unintentional, but those groups aren’t for Irish freedom. They are for the continued partition and sectarian hatred.

i forgot that you cant own guns as you are under british rule.

Bah, we import them anyways. :D

how did ireland get into this situation to begin with?

It goes back over 800 years.

Flag Post

well it was unintentional and will be corrected. glad to hear you do it anyway.wow seems like if you wanted it nowa days they would just let you what is there beef i wouldnt doubt that it is mostly pride as was mentioned

Flag Post

It’s a bit of trickery that they lump the loyalist groups in with the republican ones and call them both terrorists. They do it to claim to be “impartial” and “fair”, but they secretly support the loyalists through the policies of Collusion and Shoot to kill.

Flag Post

Cheers for the link, not an advocate of violent protest myself though.

Can’t say I’m too brushed up on Northern Irish politics but it’s not like unionists are a small group is it?

Flag Post

It’s hard to say. Borders get moved come election time, so as to keep the unionist veto in effect. Overall, the republicans are more active and have more numbers I’d say. Things get a bit shakey when you consider the Protestant/Roman Catholic side to things. When the border between the free state was created, almost all the protestants from the lower 26 counties moved to the northern 6. Before this, republicans outnumbered the unionists almost everywhere. Now you’ve got what amounts to a deadlock.

With unionist getting 45% of the vote, 41.4% going to republicans, and 5.2% going to an Alliance party. Elections got postponed till 2011 this year, so I used data from the 2007 elections to come up with that.