Should convicted felons get hospice care? page 3

117 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eggy:

Are you comfortable in providing hospice care to a lifer who killed 3 girls after he raped and tortured them?

Are you comfortable DENYING hospice care for someone who went to jail for stealing to feed himself

I am, they shouldn’t have done it.

Flag Post

You would rather they starve to death?
That makes you an accomplice. Society’s accomplice in murder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Nope, there’s always way to get food. Other then stealing ofcourse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamininc:

Bring it up quickly, there is a world full of starving people just dying (literally) to hear your solution.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:
Originally posted by zamininc:

Bring it up quickly, there is a world full of starving people just dying (literally) to hear your solution.

Grow your own, that simple.

Flag Post

Not all land is fertile, nor does everyone have land of their own, nor is it easy or even slightly practical for everyone to grow their own food.

Do you have any ideas that might actually work?

Flag Post

Not all land is fertile, nor does everyone have land of their own, nor is it easy or even slightly practical for everyone to grow their own food.

I have tons of ideas.

Charity

sell stuff

get a job

Give up luxuries.

If you want to hear the rest just ask.

Flag Post

Charity

Almost non-existant when compared to need. Runs out quickly. Not a reliable source.

sell stuff

This assumes they have stuff to sell. Most who would steal out of the need to eat don’t.

get a job

Economic downturn puts many out of work, even with college degrees. Sometimes there are no jobs to be had. Ever hear of the great depression?

Give up luxuries.

Most who would steal out of the need to eat don’t have any to begin with.

If you have any that would actually work, please.

Flag Post

Iggy pretty much covered them as I would have.

Flag Post

Charity

Almost non-existant when compared to need. Runs out quickly. Not a reliable source.

sell stuff

This assumes they have stuff to sell. Most who would steal out of the need to eat don’t.

get a job

Economic downturn puts many out of work, even with college degrees. Sometimes there are no jobs to be had. Ever hear of the great depression?

Give up luxuries.

Most who would steal out of the need to eat don’t have any to begin with.

If you have any that would actually work, please.

Ok another one.

Welfare.

I didn’t want to say that because i hate welfare.

Flag Post

Welfare.

You can be very easily denied welfare for any number of reasons.

Why?

Flag Post

Welfare.

That isn’t something the individual in question has control over.

Flag Post

Welfare.

You can be very easily denied welfare for any number of reasons.

Why?

That would be offtopic so im going to send you an answer in your whispers.

And if they get turned down from welfare doesn’t that mean they either: have a house they could sell or have money? Im a little shakey on that.

Flag Post

Im a little shakey on that.

There are plenty of other reasons.

Like, if you just got laid off you probably won’t start getting unemployment benefit payments for maybe a month. If it happened because your employer went bankrupt, you won’t even have a severance package to cover that period.

Flag Post

Or they just didn’t make the list, they didn’t get a job in X amount of months, or whatever. Anyway all this is beside the point. We aren’t arguing that stealing isn’t wrong, but that doesn’t warrant excessive punishment. You might remember something about cruel and unusual punishments from your history/legal/current events classes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jabor:

Im a little shakey on that.

There are plenty of other reasons.

Like, if you just got laid off you probably won’t start getting welfare payments for maybe a month. If it happened because your employer went bankrupt, you won’t even have a severance package to cover that period.

But if you were employed you have to have had money left over.

And there’s also an option of getting food or money from family.

Or they just didn’t make the list, they didn’t get a job in X amount of months, or whatever. Anyway all this is beside the point. We aren’t arguing that stealing isn’t wrong, but that doesn’t warrant excessive punishment. You might remember something about cruel and unusual punishments from your history/legal/current events classes.

What do you think is cruel?

Flag Post

But if you were employed you have to have had money left over.

What? No.

And there’s also an option of getting food or money from family.

Not everyone has a family available / that cares / that is better off than them / etc.

Flag Post

There’s also an option of dating people to get free food from them.

If they can’t do any of these (and the ones i haven’t listed) the odds of them not being able to do ANY of them is like 1-19000

And what do you think is a cruel punishment?

Flag Post

I’d like to see zamininc look a man in the eyes with an illness that can get treated, and now he has to die and tell him that he is denying him medical treatment because he once stole for food.

What’s that gonna force him to do? that’s right, steal even more! and seek illegal medical treatment. Yay let’s create more crime from crime.

but it’s ok if you don’t have to do it personally right? much easier to be behind the scenes of an act. Get away from ground level so them pesky feelings don’t get evoked.

Flag Post

I’d like to see zamininc look a man in the eyes with an illness that can get treated, and now he has to die and tell him that he is denying him medical treatment because he once stole for food.

but it’s ok if you don’t have to do it personally right? much easier to be behind the scenes of an act. Get away from ground level so them pesky feelings don’t get evoked.

The man should pay for it himself. Or get set up on a plan that makes it so he pays back the money.

Flag Post

And hows he gonna get a few grand for lifesaving surgery if he’s already in too much pain from the illness to work. A loan? they won’t give him one from his record, and if they do it would be a huge interest one that would cripple you financially.

Flag Post

And hows he gonna get a few grand for lifesaving surgery if he’s already in too much pain from the illness to work. A loan? they won’t give him one from his record, and if they do it would be a huge interest one that would cripple you financially.

Then that would be his problem. If they died because they didn’t want to it’s their fault.

Although i don’t believe in letting people die.

Flag Post

Mein gott you people, iggy, economic downturn comes from higher taxes, higher taxes come from paying for people who have commited crimes. And as for loans, ha thing of the past, Obamas and his friends have already forced banks to GIVE LOANS regardless of credit

Flag Post

There’s also an option of dating people to get free food from them.

That really isn’t much of a step from stealing. You are getting desperate here.

And what do you think is a cruel punishment?

Forcing them to live outside in 120+ degree temperatures and eating spoiled food?

Mein gott you people, iggy, economic downturn comes from higher taxes, higher taxes come from paying for people who have commited crimes.

Yet crime rates have lowered in the last few years. Oh well, looks like your argument fell apart at the start.

Flag Post

It’s fresh bologna from what I understand, not as fresh as Obama’s though.