Should convicted felons get hospice care? page 4

117 posts

Flag Post
economic downturn comes from higher taxes

what

do you actually understand what’s happened recently

zamininc, you lack a thing called humanity, i hope you can gain this important trait someday

Flag Post
Originally posted by tyralpha:

It’s fresh bologna from what I understand, not as fresh as Obama’s though.

At that facility the incarcerated are fed only two meals a day, with green bologna sometimes appearing on the menu.

Snopes.

Sounds fresh all right.

Flag Post

SaintAjora its your aruement that fell crime rates going down doesnt prove anything, I cant even see what that has to do with this discussion. Im not for criminals being given poisonous food but I AM for criminals not being given treatments to cure headaches and given medical surgerys off of the everyday americans tax dollar, those men are in these prisons for a reason. that reason is they BROKE THE LAW. Zaminac doesnt lack humanity he lacks the want to pay for a felon getting treatments for his ailments, prisoners should SUFFER not live in luxury getting whatever they need.

Flag Post

SaintAjora its your aruement that fell crime rates going down doesnt prove anything, I cant even see what that has to do with this discussion.

Try to think really hard. Specifically where you stated “higher taxes come from paying for people who have committed crimes.” I think that by showing that there were less crimes, and thus by your theory lesser taxes, explains how your entire concept of why the downturn is occurring is shot to hell.

Im not for criminals being given poisonous food but I AM for criminals not being given treatments to cure headaches and given medical surgerys off of the everyday americans tax dollar, those men are in these prisons for a reason.

Ignoring all the ethical and legal arguments for a moment, ask yourself this: will their be a greater economic benefit to providing basic care and treatment, or in paying off countless class action lawsuits? Lawsuits that likely will ultimately cover the cost of aforementioned treatments anyway.

Zaminac doesnt lack humanity he lacks the want to pay for a felon getting treatments for his ailments, prisoners should SUFFER not live in luxury getting whatever they need.

If you think prison is a luxury, I strongly suggest you visit a prison. You can do this either through criminal justice courses or in some locations they give paid tours. Go there, and tell me how luxurious you think it is.

Flag Post

Mein gott you people, iggy, economic downturn comes from higher taxes, higher taxes come from paying for people who have commited crimes. And as for loans, ha thing of the past, Obamas and his friends have already forced banks to GIVE LOANS regardless of credit

Sir, I am in no way affiliated with Obama, his policies, liberalism, the democratic party of the USA, or any other thing you wrongfully assume.
What’s more, I am a republican.

SaintAjora its your aruement that fell crime rates going down doesnt prove anything,

Actually, it proves your argument wrong.

I cant even see what that has to do with this discussion.

I can.

Im not for criminals being given poisonous food

Great.

but I AM for criminals not being given treatments to cure headaches

Why?

given medical surgerys off of the everyday americans tax dollar

Sir, those deemed to be able to pay for themselves are billed. Many who cannot pay for themselves are also billed. They can’t earn money in prison unless they happen to get lucky enough for a paid prison work position, which is almost never above minimum wage. This would put them below the poverty line, and as such deserve the right to medical treatment, same as any other.

those men are in these prisons for a reason.

Not always. I believe I already made my points about Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War and victims of State terror. If you wish to know more, look up Internment.

that reason is they BROKE THE LAW.

Not always, see above.

Zaminac doesnt lack humanity

That has yet to be proven. His statements do seem to indicate it though.

he lacks the want to pay for a felon getting treatments for his ailments

Which would make him lack humanity.

prisoners should SUFFER

Sir, maybe you are unaware of the current policy of the penal system. The object is viewed not to punish and make them suffer but to correct the behavior and deter others from the same crimes. Hence “House of Corrections”.

not live in luxury getting whatever they need.

Basic human rights are not “luxuries”.

If you think prison is a luxury, I strongly suggest you visit a prison. You can do this either through criminal justice courses or in some locations they give paid tours. Go there, and tell me how luxurious you think it is.

Or he could watch the very good documentary, “Hunger” in the comfort of his own home, if he wishes to know how things really are. Seriously, I highly reccomend it. It’s the story of Bobby Sands, a prison screw, and a newly captured Political Prisoner. Male nudity warning though, the political prisoners go naked when denied the right to wear their own clothes.

Flag Post

Political prisoners are a small amount of the entire percentage, prisoners of war, one: we havent been in a large enough of a war to actually get any real war prisoners. 2: State terror prisoners? Please dont try that, I dont buy into the whole government is gonna toss ya’ in jail crap. Iggy, if you have a child and he tries to steal a cookie. and you don’t slap his hands but pull him away, he will try again, and again, and again until your not looking and he gets the cookie. slap his hands and he’ll think twice about going for it again. So, simply tossing a man in a comfortable cell to not have to work will not deter them, only slow the process. I’m not saying torture, but I’m saying make them have to live “Unpleasurably” that includes no hospital care.

Flag Post

but I’m saying make them have to live “Unpleasurably” that includes no hospital care.

That will surely turn them away from crime. Or force the complete opposite reaction. I don’t think you are entirely clear on the purpose of the justice system.

Any idiot can punish someone for “doing wrong;” the justice system is there to protect the innocent and rehabilitate the problematic. Random or excessive punishments do not help with that.

Flag Post

THey do, slap the hand, and they wont try it again or if they do it will be long before they do, less they be an idiot.

Flag Post

Sir,

Following internment a serving officer of the British Marines declared, "It (internment) has, in fact, increased terrorist activity

Hamill, D., Pig in the middle: The Army in Northern Ireland, London, Methuen, 1985

Flag Post

Eh sorry I can’t follow the meaning, I hit my head on the door then fell to the floor about 5 mins ago so I can’t think clearly atm.

Flag Post

Just gonna bump this up, cause I’ve looked at the US system.

Let me just say, you should be ashamed of your prison system if you’re in the US.

Prison Rape is prevalent, the guards couldn’t care less about it. Neither could the law system.

http://www.justdetention.org/pdf/in_the_shadows.pdf

Here’s a case of where guards got let off for setting up prison rape themselves.

The Fresno Bee
October 19, 1999

Four Corcoran State Prison guards wanted inmate Eddie Dillard to learn a lesson when they placed him in a cell with Wayne Robertson, an inmate known to surprise sex his cellmates, Robertson testified Monday.

Intense and articulate, Robertson, 42, told the jury of eight men and four women in a Kings County courtroom that the guards who put Dillard, 23, into his cell knew better.

“He was my enemy,” said Robertson, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 220 pounds. “They knew if they put him in there something would happen to him.”

Robertson, also known as the “Booty Bandit,” testified that he spoke with Sgt. Robert Allan Decker two days before Dillard, who weighed 118 pounds, was moved into the cell.

The following day, Robertson said he kicked Dillard in the chest and knocked the wind out of him. Dillard “hollered for staff,” Robertson said, “but no one came.”

“I sodomized him all night,” said Robertson, who was chained to the witness stand. He had a nearly shaved head and a thin braided ponytail. …

The assault occurred over two nights, during which time, the guards didn’t let the two out into the exercise yard, Robertson said. The day after the second sexual assault, Dillard ran from the cell when the door was opened and refused to return.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/nov/09/news/mn-31573

Here is apart from an eye for an eye being the dumbest way to sentence someone, the Death Penalty is stupid

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Nice article about how it pretty much makes prisoners worse than before and intensifies the problem within.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4858580.stm

Don’t like your tax dollars being wasted? Well complain about your prison system.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN1841666120071119?sp=true

Another little snippet to why it’s awful.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-06-11-our-view_x.htm

Oh and this is all added to by your idiotic ‘war on drugs’.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/drugwar/

Read the links at the bottom of that too.

Basically, dehumanizing your inmates even further will make the problems even worse.

Conservatives would call this being ‘soft on crime’, they are morons for that.

Flag Post

zamininc, you lack a thing called humanity

No prison lacks that, they kill murderers humanly that is inhumane to family they hurt.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamininc:

No prison lacks that, they kill murderers humanly that is inhumane to family they hurt.

Not everyone in prison is a convicted murderer. Not that your sentence made any sense so I could be off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamininc:

read my post about how crappy the american system is, largely because prisoners are dehumanised

learn something about life

grow as a person

Flag Post

“Booty Bandit”

“I sodomized him all night”

rofl……

best post evar.

Flag Post

ahh yes

the joke that never gets old

rape

Flag Post

Funny, there was only one case of rape in the entirety of the H-blocks history. And it was in the LVF block. Go figure.

Flag Post

weren’t prisoners put in separate cells or whatever in that though

Flag Post

No, standard procedure is two to a cell. More were crammed in as a form of punishment. The blocks themselves were divided by organisation, you’d never find a LVF in with a PIRA for example.

Flag Post

Ok thats off topic, conco while an “interesting” point, this is about wether they should get hospice care, not how wrong and twisted the guards are.

Flag Post

It’s all a general point about how dehumanizing the prisoners just makes the problem worse.

Not allowing healthcare is dehumanizing.

My points weren’t just about the guards btw, the system in general too.

Flag Post

Still off topic, why not start your own thread on the jailing system, even i agree it needs work.

Flag Post

Sometimes background information is needed to understand a topic in full.

Flag Post

Hey Omega! Your posts about how Conco’s posts are offtopic are…. Offtopic! And coincidently, so is this post!

Flag Post

Oh wow iggy very mature.
Edit: I still think there should be a thread on it conco