Should convicted felons get hospice care? page 5

117 posts

Flag Post

Oh wow iggy very mature.

Satire is a very mature form of comedy, I’m glad you agree.

Edit: I still think there should be a thread on it conco

This pretty much is already. I don’t see the need for another thread.

Flag Post

I’m too lazy to create a topic, and if I did I’d want to go into more detail than I already have done.

back on topic, I see healthcare as a basic right and once you stop giving people basic rights you lower your moral credibility, no matter what they’ve done.

See: guantanamo bay(well sort of, even though a lot of the prisoners hadn’t even done anything)

Flag Post

Wasn’t that declared to comply with UN regulations?

Flag Post

Those serving sentence, should live till the end of the sentence. And, the days in hospice should not be counted as serving term.
P.S: Sounds like I’m wicked in saying the sentence above….

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Wasn’t that declared to comply with UN regulations?

yeah, i think it was done in 1948, every human has the right to decent health or something along those lines

humorously the USA was the strongest supporter for this

Flag Post

No just hell no, let them die they are no longer citizens but prisoners of the state.

Flag Post

Dude, if ya’re gonna necro a thread….
at least do it w/ much more than ya just drizzled out there.
Some dialogue supporting your opinion would be nice….eh?

Flag Post

If the terminal illness they are in is a result of the prison conditions, i think you can start to classify putting people into prison as a cruel and unusual punishment when you refuse to give them care.

Also, i hope you keep in mind that every human being is capable of changing morally. And there is no broken law or unethical deed that will change that.

Flag Post

The second someone is accused of a crime, they are no longer human and thus dont qualify for human rights. The only people who care about giving these monsters rights are bleeding heart LIEberals

This is what most Americans believe lol

Flag Post

Such care would also include mental health care, to get to the root of why they did what they did, and to remove the triggers. In addition care to help prevent them becoming institutionalised. That way their reoffend rate would be minimal once they were released.

The end result is the state does not wind up paying for their room and board the rest of their lives, and they can safely return to society once their term is up.

Flag Post

Prisoners should get punished for what they know they did. Fairly and rightly. However, you shouldn’t degrade them inhumanely when there is an option to actually care for their well being. It isn’t a reward and a leniency when you are caring for their health. It is the right to do, really. People are people, and people make mistakes. We all have choices and we all mess up. No one is perfect. It is hypocrisy to let harm or unreasonable injury let loose on those prisoners, especially under the eyes and awareness of the law. We should look at them as people, not as evil doers who should suffer like they would in hell. In order to keep sanity alive, we have to leave prisons and prisons, and leave moral punishment of pain out of it. Now, murders are a whole different story. They get injured, they get help. To them they don’t really care, just they grin at the fact that they cannot die, thus giving them an opportunity to some how escape. There is a fine line between a serial killer and someone who’s in jail. We shouldn’t be blind about giving help to the serial killer, but we shouldn’t be blind about not giving help to the person who’s in jail. Substantially, there should be a small hospital apart of almost every prison. But there shouldn’t be a hospital for a serial killer. Maybe just one doctor, and/or a psychiatrist to assist just in case.

Flag Post

The answer: nope

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shockwave443:

The answer: nope

Why not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Athrul:

Why not?

Since this forum is SERIOUS DISCUSSION,
perhaps ya’d like to expand on your reply to the OP and tell us WHY ya feel that way?

Flag Post

I missed this before:

Originally posted by YoucantbutICan:

Now, murders are a whole different story. They get injured, they get help. To them they don’t really care, just they grin at the fact that they cannot die, thus giving them an opportunity to some how escape.

Do what now? How did you get to the leap that because someone has taken a life, this means they no-longer care if they die?

The logic you’re using is dubious at best, and really only applies to those who are heavily traumitised because they took a life. It doesn’t apply to anyone else, and even then it is the trauma talking.

There is a fine line between a serial killer and someone who’s in jail. We shouldn’t be blind about giving help to the serial killer, but we shouldn’t be blind about not giving help to the person who’s in jail.

Again, wha? Why does the possibility someone has committed multiple murders somehow disqualify them from receiving physical and mental help to put them back on an even keel?

Flag Post

I will only quote inspector JAVERT
Those who follow the path of the righteous
Shall have their reward
And if they fall
As Lucifer fell
The flame
The sword!

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

I will only quote inspector JAVERT
Those who follow the path of the righteous
Shall have their reward
And if they fall
As Lucifer fell
The flame
The sword!

I agree, Jesus was all about refusing to help people because of their past misdeeds