Vanguarde (locked)

14 posts

Flag Post

I feel like making this due to the vast (and sometimes ludicrous) threads made by Vanguarde. Recently I’ve been able to spot them simply by the title.

[Feel free to lock this if you feel it is inappropriate, I can’t see the harm]

Discussion.

“Is the act creating multiple hot-topic threads, with very few statements of fact and a significant amount of prejudice, really beneficial to the Serious Discussion forum?”

Help would be appreciated in getting the threads.

Some of Vanguarde’s threads

I am ashamed that Obama is a cancer stick user.

Vigilantes – good or bad?

Should convicted felons get hospice care?

It’s time for internet accountability.

AX:Assume that god is real – what would he/she/it look like?

We need to stop being so lazy.. ( Space topic )

Orbiting Carbon Observatory sabotaged by republican agents?

Stigma in the deaf community about cochlear implants. (?!)

Flag Post

A forum without trolls might produce less posts, yet it may also drive up the average intelligence of a post.

Vanguarde knows perfectly well what he is doing.

Flag Post

There are at least a couple of regulars that can be annoying, but you shouldn’t go after individual people. Instead of saying ‘feel free to lock this’, just don’t make innecessary threads.

Flag Post

Clinically insane.

Flag Post

I actually think this topic should be locked as well, but it apparently is all right to spout nonsense and throw out insults.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I actually think this topic should be locked as well, but it apparently is all right to spout nonsense and throw out insults.

I made no insult.

Flag Post

I’m saying that it happens and that it doesn’t matter, no action is taken.

Flag Post

You need to generalize this discussion, RMcD. Talking specifically about Vanguarde could easily be interpreted as harassment and/or slander, both of which are against the Kongregate code of conduct. This thread will most likely lead to a flame war between Vanguarde and his friends, and those who disagree with him.

I propose this for a more general discussion topic:

“Is the act of creating multiple hot-topic threads, with very few statements of fact and/or supporting evidence outside of personal experience and a significant amount of prejudice, really beneficial to the Serious Discussion forum?”

Flag Post

I agree. The new topic of this is what Kyru said.

Flag Post

“Is the act of creating multiple hot-topic threads, with very few statements of fact and/or supporting evidence outside of personal experience and a significant amount of prejudice, really beneficial to the Serious Discussion forum?”

Not at all. I propose a banning of all those who create such topics, for example, Vanguard.

Refer to post one for examples of Van’s threads.

That hardly solves the problem Kyru, even if I weren’t so blatant about it, people could easily infer who I’m talking about and flame wars would ensue anyway.

Ultimately, on this site, the rules matter most, not whats best for the community.

Flag Post

Well, I was hoping that RMcD would remove Vanguarde’s name from the title and his posts from the original post.

And not using names is the key to generalization. The moment you use names as an example it becomes personal.

Flag Post

ah, tis been a while since me started me own thread, enjoying these funny ones to much me is

ah but alast a serious thread I see coming into me mind, contemplating whether anyone will read it however

Flag Post
Originally posted by pmr0078:

ah, tis been a while since me started me own thread, enjoying these funny ones to much me is

ah but alast a serious thread I see coming into me mind, contemplating whether anyone will read it however

…What?

Flag Post

…What?

lol, i feel like starting a new thread, a serious one, but with so many funny ones I dont think it will get much notice