Who side are you on? ARABS or ISRAEL

430 posts

Flag Post

Which side are you on and who do you think is right and who is wrong and why?

Flag Post

It’s clear to me exactly what is going on.

Flag Post

Wow, I knew that the Jews took land, but I never knew that they took THAT much. No matter what anyone says, I think that the Palestinians are at least partially justified in their fight.

Flag Post

Do we really need more threads on this ?

Flag Post

No, we don’t. I just felt an urge to respond to the thread. I have no idea why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfrogger:

No, we don’t. I just felt an urge to respond to the thread. I have no idea why.

Post count FTL?

Edit: Damn, its got me too!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArmorGamestwo:

Which side are you on and who do you think is right and who is wrong and why?

Whoever wins. Whoever wins.

Flag Post

oh know the a-rabs!

Palestinians thanks.

Israel oppress palestine horifically, israle gets 2.5billion to spend on military weapons from the USA every year.

They stop aid getting through, block water, electricity, you name it.

Palestine has a right to these things, there are parts of hamas that are extreme, but don’t let this cloud your judgement.

Flag Post

Palestine has a right to these things, there are parts of hamas that are extreme, but don’t let this cloud your judgement.

Agreed. This would be roughly equivalent to using the KKK to generalize about all Americans. I hope the people who try and make such generalizations realize this and stop trying to justify their hatred.

To such people: Let go of your prejudice. Underneath all the skin color and religion, we are all still human. So instead of asking yourself how you would treat a Muslim, or a Christian, or anything else, ask yourself how you would treat “that random guy you met at lunch the other day”, or maybe a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. Treat them like the human beings that they are.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Orzo:

Both sides pray to God that they will win the war for land, obviously someone’s God isn’t a God.

Or both sides God. =P

Its all Britains fault anyway, we dumped them there in the first place (Israelis)

Flag Post

Always passively supported the Palestinians personally. The power to end the conflict is first and foremost in the Israelis’ hands.

Flag Post

Its all Britains fault

As much as I would like to blame them solely, it was a UN decision. Of course, britian being a major part of the UN and all…

Flag Post

What the United Kingdom and the rest of the UN set up for the Jews was bad – it should never have happened. However, I don’t think either can be blamed for the terrible things that the Israeli government has done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Its all Britains fault

As much as I would like to blame them solely, it was a UN decision. Of course, britian being a major part of the UN and all…

Britain was in charge of Palestine at the time, no?

Originally posted by Syneil:

What the United Kingdom and the rest of the UN set up for the Jews was bad – it should never have happened. However, I don’t think either can be blamed for the terrible things that the Israeli government has done.

But we kickstarted it. It would never have happened otherwise.

This isn’t even a valid question, Palestine is littered with extremist groups that fight Israel separately. Palestine is a great country, just happens to be the home of splinter groups that like throwing rocks at Israel until the tanks have to roll in.

However, I don’t think either can be blamed for the terrible things that the Israeli government has done.

What have they done that was so terrible?

Scroll up and look at the maps iggy posted.

Flag Post

However, I don’t think either can be blamed for the terrible things that the Israeli government has done.

This is a hint:

Originally posted by Iggyshark:

It’s clear to me exactly what is going on.

Flag Post

Thats not a terrible thing the government has done. Thats called expansion, just because they are doing it now instead of 500 years ago when all the other countries were doing it does not make it any different.

It was wrong then and it’s wrong now. You’re absolutely right, it doesn’t make a difference that it’s happening now instead of 500 years ago, it’s still wrong and a terrible thing.

When you push a people like this, they will fight back. With both bomb and ballot box, and justly so. I sincerely doubt you would take kindly to this happening in your neighborhood. Sectarianism is a horrible thing, and a self perpetuating one at that.

Flag Post

Every one of those expansions was the result of arab military attacks.

Do you know where the water and electricity in Palestine comes from?

Israel wants the Palestinians to leave them alone. The Palestinians want to push Israel into the sea.

I don’t have real strong feelings about either side, but if I had to support one side or the other, I would support Israel.

Flag Post

So you wouldn’t mind if the US took over the undeveloped world while killing thousands (millions?) of people?

Flag Post
Originally posted by philnotfil:

Israel wants the Palestinians to leave them alone. The Palestinians want to push Israel into the sea.

I don’t have real strong feelings about either side, but if I had to support one side or the other, I would support Israel.

So you would find it justified if the US did this, but gave the people some basic necessities?

Flag Post

Brainwashing for the win! Well done.

Flag Post

How would you feel, if you were just getting on with your life, and next minute the UN tells a load of you to pack your bags and move, because they decided the Jews were moving in? Of course you would be pissed. Anybody would. Imagine if instead, they had just picked a random US state, and told all the people there to get out, and moved the Jews in there?

Flag Post

That isn’t what is happening though.

Sir, take a look at your own words.

All I see is a strong unified country taking over and unifying even more land and people.

That is what you support, killing civilians. I don’t know how you sleep at night.

Palestinians keep attacking Israel

I would and do shoot at invaders and occupiers too.

Israel attacks back, and keeps what they take.

You’ve already stated you support the senseless murder of civilians. “Expansion” Indeed.

It’s not like Israel is sending troops into civilian cities and claiming them as their own for no reason.

It’s exactly like that.

Flag Post

The fact remains that they took over the Palestinian land first, not the other way around. I too would expect resistance if I took over a huge area of land that already belonged to a separate group of people. I am not attempting to justify Palestinian “freedom fighters,” but you can’t just forcibly take a large area of land and expect it to end peacefully right then and there. EDIT: Aww, Iggy.

Flag Post

I am not attempting to justify Palestinian “freedom fighters,”

As long as they make all reasonable attempts to avoid civilian casualties and abide by the Geneva Conventions, I believe they are quite just. I see no reason why they should be called terrorists simply for defending their home.

EDIT: Aww, Iggy.

Flag Post

Bombing buildings full of children, starving innocent populations, and countless other human rights violations. They also have a tendency to invade other nations at the slightest provocation.

Thats not a terrible thing the government has done.

Oh really? International law disagrees.

Why is it wrong and terrible? All I see is a strong unified country taking over and unifying even more land and people.

That is not taking over and unifying, that is exclusion and expulsion until the target population does not exist. Kind of what the Nazi’s did to the Jews. This is what makes the whole situation so sad.

Bull. They have been in response to refugee movements, confrontations with radicals in territory under their control, and attacks against imaginary “future threats.”

The aid ships that manage to sneak past Israeli blockades at the risk of their own lives?

Israel wants the Palestinians to leave them alone.

Maybe they should stop starving, killing, and expelling them then.

I don’t have real strong feelings about either side

Unless that side is Israel, in which case you will twist facts and kiss their ass all day. Hey, I just call it like I see it.

Palestinians keep attacking Israel

Maybe because they are being starved and armed attacks are the only method left for survival? That’s like starving a puppy and acting indignant when it bites your hand one day.