A 'God' thread I promise is different from the rest..

65 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys. It is Vanguarde, and I think I finally have the ultimate god question that could provide good debate. You have to use your imagination a little though – you have to pretend you ARE god.

Things you MUST assume are true so you can answer the question and not debate old stuff:

1: You must assume that there is a god.
2: You must assume that god is REAL, and is omnipotent.

This is so we don’t argue about the typical things..

Now here is the question!

Is God an Atheist?

!

!

Sounds simple, and a little absurd – until you think harder about it. Here is something to chew on to try to understand.

I am god, I am all powerful and have created everything. What do I believe in? Are there other gods? NEVER, I AM god, so the thought that other gods exist sickens me. I am the one true god. I don’t believe in… god.

Cute question, huh? Let’s enjoy!

Flag Post

But I know that I exist.

Cogito ergo sum.

Flag Post

Trying to get in the mind of god is what took away our immortality?

Flag Post

Mike!!! ( Shake dust from my shoes at the exit, closes door, throws away key and walks away lighting a cigarette)

Flag Post
Originally posted by dwaxe:

But I know that I exist.

Cogito ergo sum.

If god exists, who created him? is he the spring, from which all others flow? Is it possible that there is an entity, an entity that is omnipotent over all other omnipotent creatures, that created creatures that belive they are omnipotent? Is this thing we call ‘God’ not just some ‘Human’ in a coma, delusional about reality and fiction, and in his mind has created an alternate universe, in which he is omnipotent?

think about it.

Flag Post

I am God = I am man. Lie dwaxe said, Self awereness does not negate the belief, but enforces it. Therefore God is not an athiest, but may be narcissistic as he worships him/her self.

Flag Post

Leo, the premise was
Things you MUST assume are true so you can answer the question and not debate old stuff:

This is so we don’t argue about the typical things..

Flag Post

lol

Sounds simple, and a little absurd – until you think harder about it. Here is something to chew on to try to understand.

doesn’t just sound that way. It is simple. God isn’t an atheist, because he is himself and everything believes in itself..

Flag Post

Descartes.

Flag Post

So you are all saying god is not smart enough or intelligent enough to every get a tiny feeling that god might not be alone in his universe?

Really?

Flag Post

What are you talking about? Your own rules state “God” omnipotent.

Flag Post

Yes.. god is omnipotent IN HIS UNIVERSE… What is god cannot be aware of other gods having their own universes?

Yes.. god is omnipotent IN HIS UNIVERSE… What is god cannot be aware of other gods having their own universes?So you think god just sits there and knows everything about his universe and like that’s it? Does god in his holy ways every use his brain, or is god just ‘everything and everyone’

Yes.. god is omnipotent IN HIS UNIVERSE… What is god cannot be aware of other gods having their own universes?So you think god just sits there and knows everything about his universe and like that’s it? Does god in his holy ways every use his brain, or is god just ‘everything and everyone’Sounds like ‘god’ is actually some kind of FORCE, not a person, place, or thing.

Flag Post

This assumes a multiple universe theory being correct.

Flag Post

Van, definition of omnipotent = all powerful. Therefore he would know of “other” universes, in fact he would have created them. His supposed wonder and awe about what may be beyond his own universe is a non-starter.

He would not need to wonder. There are only 2 things he may have a hard time doing. Forgetting something, or getting lost.

Flag Post

This thread = ridiculous;

Flag Post

In my opinion, God does not really think, since God already knows. Since you assume God is omnipotent, he knows everything. He also knows if there are other gods (since I don’t believe in that, I will not say there are any). But is he atheist? I’d say no. He is God himself and therefore knows there is a God, consider that as a theist.

Flag Post

Well, by the definition of theist, it means that he believes in god. And believing in yourself would be a bit strange for an all-powerful entity. So not a theist. But also not an atheist. Because neither strong nor weak atheism are compatible with the existence of god, as a belief to be held by god.

… in conclusion, the cake is a lie?

Flag Post

People create things, and some of us worship God. God creates things and worships…

Sometimes I think that we are like the Sims in God’s fun little game. We can make a world, He made our world, and someone made His world. It’s all just a long chain of events. It’s weird to think about, but so is God coming from nothing.

Flag Post

Like Dark said, they say god knows everything so he knows where he came from etc.

Have you’s guys seen the movie the “The Watchmen” it just came out. The blue guy is basically ultimately powered cause of an accident in the lab. Now at the end of the movie he says he might go off and create life on a planet. This is something I thought could have happened to earth if god was real, and religion is just wrong cause theres so many. That yes we think he’s god cause he can do everything, but he might just be some powerful superhero from somewhere else :P

Flag Post

Let’s bring in the tanks (semantics; all you anti-semantic neo-nazis can bugger off).

Rewording the definitions:
Atheism: holding that the number of extant deities equals zero.
Theism: holding that the number of extant deities is greater than zero.

By these, our thread’s God is theistic.

Flag Post

The problem lies in the word “belief”. Are you able to “believe” in something when you are omnipotent? Or can we state it is generally the same thing to “know” and to “believe”? It occured to me that when you believe, you don’t necessarily have to know, but when you know, you can still believe in it (in my opinion). That way, God would still belong to theism.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ETHANR26:

This thread = ridiculous;

people taking this stuff seriously make me QQ

Flag Post
Originally posted by leo828:
Originally posted by dwaxe:

But I know that I exist.

Cogito ergo sum.

If god exists, who created him? is he the spring, from which all others flow? Is it possible that there is an entity, an entity that is omnipotent over all other omnipotent creatures, that created creatures that belive they are omnipotent? Is this thing we call ‘God’ not just some ‘Human’ in a coma, delusional about reality and fiction, and in his mind has created an alternate universe, in which he is omnipotent?

think about it.

That post completely messed with my head. I hope you’re happy.

If I was God, I wouldn’t be such a wrathful git. I probably would believe in other entities-I’d think that there would have to be something that created me, even if there actually wasn’t. I also wouldn’t discriminate animals so much.

Flag Post

If this:

is true.

Then this:

Cogito ergo sum.

applies to God as well. He finds him/herself/whatever in the same position as the rest of us lowly mortals, just a tad higher up on the food chain.

However, this:

Cogito ergo sum.

only applies, if you belive that anything further than this is mere speculation. The existentialist view is not the only one. Many would disagree, and would believe that you can prove or disprove a higher entities existence.

Flag Post

[deleted. attacks wont be tolerated]