Why do people insist on Christianity being the Only way?

114 posts

Flag Post

Last I checked, Most major Christian Holidays are pagan rip-offs. Anyone care to explain why there is a difference between worship of the god jehovah, the sun or a pear for that matter?

I put forth that all are entitled to believe, worship, pray to whatever they wish as their maker,savior, advisor. Those who disagree with them should just stay away.

Most religions think they are the best one. Are they all right, or all irrelevant?

Flag Post

My belief is that there is a supernatural power in which practically all religions believe in, so yes, in a sense, they are all right. The difference between religions is the difference between interpretations of this supernatural power in my belief, and of course the many side-aspects, such as the messiah they believe in.

Flag Post

Each religion is as correct or right as the next.

Flag Post

agreed

Flag Post

I know I post a lot of videos (too many? I try to make sure they are relevant, but if anyone feels it’s excessive, please let me know), but it’s still seems relevant.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7JHS8adO3hM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" height="315" width="500"></embed>

Flag Post

You know what? Normally I watch videos that get posted. But that face…. just no!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

You know what? Normally I watch videos that get posted. But that face…. just no!

That’s nothing. You oughta see the one where Teller actually speaks!

Hehe as for the relevance of this thread, I’m sort of with Darkruler. As far as I’m concerned, most of the major religions throughout history are so similar, it’s difficult for me to understand how so many people feel such bitterness and scathing hatred toward other human beings simply for not being a member of their own faith, regardless of how similar the two may be. I’m a spiritual type who truly does believe that there must be something so powerful, so influential, that it has guided us and shaped all of our organized religions throughout the aeons. Why should we hate one another simply for believing in what is essentially the same concept? Isn’t it silly?

Flag Post

To answer the title: I am guessing they are christian. The thing that makes christianity different is that more people in control believe in this nonsense vs that nonsense.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

His face is pretty crazy, I’ll admit. But it’s entirely audio (no reading) so you could always press play then tab over to a game or something. :P

Flag Post

Bleh, I hate unplugging my speakers from my MP3 player to plug them into my computer. Because then I have to track down all the things that are playing noise at me just to listen to one thing :(

Flag Post

I encourage you. Make that a challenge. No, now I’m taunting you, he scares the shit outta you right? :p

Would it set your mind at ease when your beliefs tell you that its ok to be in any religion as long as they make you a better person? Pascal’s wager in another form? (Hehey! I used Pascal’s wager)

Flag Post

Christianity is the only way because America is Christian.

What you need a proper reason?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

I don’t see how a country could possibly “be” a religion.

Many of the Founding Fathers of America were religious, but that does not mean that the country is religious.

They emphasized the utter insignificance of differences between people in the eyes of God with the statement “all men are created equal,” but that does not make the country “Christian.”

Flag Post

Correct. In fact, the founding fathers were probably deist.

Also, find a Muslim who says that their religion is not the only way. Find a Buddhist who says the same thing. Hindu.

Flag Post

Is America the only country? Is America the ultimate sovereign country (over the world)? America for the world!!!!
:/

P.S: Broke my no scarsm policy by that statement……. Arrrgh!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

Is America the only country?

I bet alot of Americans would be surprised that it’s not.

Flag Post

There are quite a few people from other countries who are ignorant of cultures outside their own as well. American’s just tend to have a larger range of tools to prove to the world just how ignorant they can be. :P

Flag Post

Please be kidding. This is not a Christian nation, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to look at the first amendment.

Flag Post

Also, find a Muslim who says that their religion is not the only way. Find a Buddhist who says the same thing. Hindu.

Aplenty of them……

Ahhh…. self actualization is a good thing. Just teasing….

Flag Post

Well, my job is to legitimize the idea of religion before telling you Christianity is the only way, there are two primary reasons why I’m Christian ( though one is more emotional)

1. I was raised a Christian
2. As Ockham’s razor says, simplest wins, Christanity Is simple, one God, sent son down (who was the mother, then again, I don’t understand omnipotence so…) saved us, all we have to do is accept it, there you go.

Please, Im only explaining, don’t challenge me about my beliefs.

Then again, most kids my age who are Christian probably won’t stay Christian, so…

Flag Post
Originally posted by tyralpha:

2. As Ockham’s razor says, simplest wins, Christanity Is simple, one God, sent son down (who was the mother, then again, I don’t understand omnipotence so…) saved us, all we have to do is accept it, there you go.

That is the worst logic I have ever heard in my life.

Flag Post

Following Christianity because it is “simple” is a terrible reason to follow it. If you want to choose based on simplicity then go with Pastafarianism.

I, too, was raised Christian; however, I was also an atheist for 4 years of my life before a series of events changed my view. I still don’t consider myself a “full” Christian because my step back from the church showed me just how “passive” some people are about religion, and I don’t see how anything as commercial or “bedazzled” as the “Christian church” can get to the root of the spiritual worship of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or God the Father.

Spirituality should never be simple; somewhat logical, yes, but never simple.

Flag Post

Since this topic seems to have gone way off-course, please email me if you are serious about finding an answer to any religious questions you may have. My email address is predatoremp@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Flag Post

Occam’s razor actually shreds any religion, in that it always requires an extra assumption over pure science. That’s all it is. Religion only works because it assumes that all things are not equal, because God exists, and no religion is better than another, in terms of the Razor.

Because the razor is an ultimate comparison. It is applied to everything at once, and by it, all religion fails. It’s really not relevant, though (See first paragraph).

Flag Post

Also, using the theory of Ockham’s razor, God should not exist, because the universe is so complex.