The North Korea's Satellite Launch

17 posts

Flag Post

America and South Korea are currently performing military operations on the eve of North Korea’s satellite launch. The South and the US believe Pyongyang could be preparing to test-fire a long-range missile under the guise of a satellite launch. North Korea has warned that any attempt to shoot down a satellite it says it plans to launch will result in war. On Friday, the North said that the risk of conflict meant it could no longer guarantee the safety of commercial flights through airspace it controls off the east coast.

Full Story

What do you think? Is this a satellite launch? An ICBM test?

Will this turn into the new Vietnam?

And is the world in any state at the moment to start a war like this? (I say world as, while it’s the US, S. Korea and N. Korea that are involved, this may well drag the world into a conflict)

Flag Post

Of course the world is ready. Why do you think the military exist. Time to hoard gold!!!

Flag Post

I don’t think it would be a new Vietnam. If they clearly lied about the nature of the launch they won’t get any support from China or Russia.

Flag Post

Wouldn’t it be relatively easy for North Korea to prove that they are indeed launching a satellite? I’d like to assume that these guys are innocent until proven guilty, but they really aren’t in a position to negotiate.

Flag Post

If they opened up a bit. Hah.

Flag Post

Why would it become a new Vietnam? Why wouldn’t it become the second Korean war, if it indeed does escalate to that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Why would it become a new Vietnam? Why wouldn’t it become the second Korean war, if it indeed does escalate to that?

I’d be the First Korean War. Still.

Flag Post

I thought maybe Korea bought out the rights to ‘Vietnam War’. Then again Iraq might have it, depending on who you ask.

Flag Post

North Korea and the United States signed the Armistice Agreement, with Syngman Rhee refusing to sign.

So I see.

Flag Post

Is anyone familiar with Merton? He made a really great theory about how to determine the preconditions for war in such situations, but I can’t remember what text it was in.

Flag Post

Whether or not this turns into a war will ultimately depend on whether or not the satellite is what N.Korea says it is and/or whether or not the United States is willing to operate based on accurate information versus falsely interpreted information.

Flag Post

Sounds like more saber rattling by the North Koreans. They wouldn’t dare jeopardize their Russian and Chinese support. Probably just a test of how Obama will react.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

Of course the world is ready. Why do you think the military exist. Time to hoard gold!!!

Haha. Warmongering Aneslayer, at it again!

I don’t mean to belittle this at all, but the size of North Korea makes me a little more comfortable about it all. If they were to start throwing rocks (or, ICBM’s in the case) a solid week of carpet bombing on such a small country would fix it up, in my opinion. As opposed to the size of Iraq and Afghanistan, I mean. N. Korea may just be causing some ruckus. Aaron is right, though. While they are enemies of the U.S. and S. Korea, they have just as much right as any other country to try and better their technology.
I have read, also, that if with he technology they have, the missile would only be able to reach the coast of California here in the U.S. It may be far, but I think they would try to get more distance out of something meant for mass murder.

Flag Post

ion, I meant those with active military ARE ready. I’m always peace loving, but that just me. Gold price will go up for the fear of war(tension yeah).

Probably just a test of how Obama will react.

That’s a very keen observation. Testing waters of the new administration….Yet the tension between the Koreas are at all time high. Tension on depression…. Gold prices will rise

Flag Post

LOL. I meant no insult, Aneslayer… I just giggled at the “Hoard the gold!” comment.

Flag Post

my opinion, it’s pretty curious how they have an army defending it, anybody know how to get Master Chief to help us in real life? or Solid/Old Snake would work too ;)

but yeah, if worst comes to worst, hey, at least we won’t have to deal with politicians since DC would probably be the first target.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

America and South Korea are currently performing military operations on the eve of North Korea’s satellite launch. The South and the US believe Pyongyang could be preparing to test-fire a long-range missile under the guise of a satellite launch. North Korea has warned that any attempt to shoot down a satellite it says it plans to launch will result in war. On Friday, the North said that the risk of conflict meant it could no longer guarantee the safety of commercial flights through airspace it controls off the east coast.

Full Story

What do you think? Is this a satellite launch? An ICBM test?

Will this turn into the new Vietnam?

And is the world in any state at the moment to start a war like this? (I say world as, while it’s the US, S. Korea and N. Korea that are involved, this may well drag the world into a conflict)

" Result in War’

GOOD, this is exactly what we need, a good old war to boost the economy, not the so called ‘wars’ in Iraq and Afghanistan.