One sentence answer - why do you believe in religion - or not.

195 posts

Flag Post

This should be great. Just write a single sentence that explains why to you, deep down, you believe in your chosen religion, or why you do not believe in religion at all.

The sentence can be as long as you want, but please keep it just one. I am trying to see why we are all so deeply connected to your stance. The main reason you believe in what you believe in.

Here is a sampler:

I am an Atheist because frankly religion and what it can do scares the hell out of me.

Flag Post

I’m an atheist, because I realized after a Christian upbringing, that my beliefs did not mesh well with the rational world I wanted to be a part of. From a purely empirical standpoint, religion doesn’t work for me.

Flag Post

I’m Atheist because I just can’t comprehend how someone made everything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:

I’m an atheist, because I realized after a Christian upbringing, that my beliefs did not mesh well with the rational world I wanted to be a part of. From a purely empirical standpoint, religion doesn’t work for me.

Taps Fuzzy on hand.. just one sentence! ( one sentence is my secret way of also testing command of written English of forum users. This helps my database. Why am I testing? Hint: 9/9/09. :) )

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vanguarde:
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:

Taps Fuzzy on hand.. just one sentence! ( one sentence is my secret way of also testing command of written English of forum users. This helps my database. Why am I testing? Hint: 9/9/09. :) )

That’s when Rock Band: The Beatles comes out.

Flag Post

I am Agnostic, because I’m not naive enough to believe that I understand the universe, nor am I naive enough to believe religious teachings at face value.

Flag Post

I believe in religion. It is a type social grouping (similar to tribes and castes) that is well documented throughout human history.

Flag Post

It is hard not to believe in religion, seeing as how you can try to disprove the teachings and/or doctrines of a religion, or the book that the religion follows, but religion in and of itself- as an organized group of people who follow a similar doctrine and similar belief system- has always survived in some way, shape, or form through its most devout believers.

Flag Post

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” – Carl Sagan

Flag Post

Two words – Personal Jesus

Flag Post

Love wasn’t crafted out of carbons and hydrogens, it was given to us by someone.

Flag Post

I’m not religious, I just love Jesus.

Flag Post

I’m a Roman Catholic not only because I believe in the teachings of Jesus and a supernatural power I define as “God”, but also because I want to show the world my belief and the science I follow do not necessarily have to contradict each other.

Flag Post

I’m Atheist because I’ve seen more beauty and wonder in science than I ever have in religion, and that was the only thing Christianity had for me.

Flag Post

I am an agnostic atheist because I believe that the conditions of our existence which we may assume to be intelligently designed are actually no different from, say, the necessary conditions that have arisen as a result of gradual changes over very long periods of time.

Flag Post

agnostic atheist??? o.O sry but that doesnt exist by definition, Rubix. Atheism: ~ there is ( definitely or propably) no higher being. Agnosticism: ~ I dont know and i dont care. it didnt affect my life.

Im kind of liberal christian, im for homosexuality being accepted and so on…my GF is atheist for example and it is absolutely no problem.
I am because (…stereotype…) have experienced and because its love and mercy. and 4 some more reasons.

Try The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins if you wanna know causes for atheism. i agree with them.

Flag Post

Of course you can be an agnostic atheist. Basically, I don’t believe there is a God, but I don’t deny the POSSIBILITY of one — I just don’t think there’s enough to prove it. Your definitions, as listed, are not entirely accurate.

Flag Post

I am athiest because I have seen no proof that any ‘religion’ holds, whereas I have seen many mathematical and scientific proofs about how the universe started, how humans can exist, etc.

Flag Post

im sorry, i see:
i made a mistake:
there isnt a word. youre after Dawkins “de facto atheist”

my defs are brief, of course they arent exact enough.

Flag Post

Tell me, where materia comes from.
Tell me, where Go comes from.

Both are impossible.

Flag Post

anthiest

Atheist or anti-theist?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DefenderOfSteel:

Both are impossible.

1. FF7
2. China

I win

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

anthiest

Atheist or anti-theist?

Typoist ._.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrRubix:
Originally posted by DefenderOfSteel:

Both are impossible.

1. FF7
2. China

I win

Epic Win!

Flag Post

i am atheist because i dont find the influence of god in the real world, and find a detrimental effect from religion which i dont want to be a part of.