Economic Crisis in California

10 posts

Flag Post

I don’t know if anyone has heard but California may legalize marijuana and charge an outrageous tax for it to decrease the state debt. i know there is already a post about this but i want to know if you think it is right to legalize a illegal and dangerous substance to just tax the heck out of it to help the state debt?

Flag Post

a illegal and dangerous substance

Whether or not marijuana actually causes significant harm in and of itself is entirely unclear, and there are legitimate medical uses for it.

It’s main risk is as a “gateway drug”, and there are sound arguments as to why that gateway effect would be removed if it was legal.

Flag Post

We got a topic on it

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/35694?page=1

Flag Post

That’s why prohibition was repealed.

Flag Post

Quick! Someone bail out California!

I mean, we bail out private companies, why not states if they are not going to meet their budget?

I frankly can care less about California. Someday in the distant future California will ‘fall’ into the Pacific.

Flag Post

That’d be easier than going to Amsterdam when I’m living in Canada

Flag Post

I hope it gets legalised, then we can use california as one big giant test tube on the effects it will have on everything.

Flag Post

a illegal and dangerous substance

Well, it won’t be illegal when the legalize it. And like Jabor made clear, it hold no real threat when used with caution. As for being a gateway drug, I know kids who have ruined their lives with excessive drugs, and I know kids that were happy with the occasional bowl. Self-control, in my opinion, should be beaten into kids at a young age.

Flag Post

Self-control, in my opinion, should be beaten into kids at a young age.

Very true. As with most drugs the danger comes for lack of self discipline and they pose little threat if they’re used occasional by sensible people.

Flag Post

legalize a illegal

It wouldn’t be when it was legalized.