Afghanistan-Pakistan

10 posts

Flag Post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090319/ts_nm/us_afghan_usa_security

Already Obama wants to up the troop/PO count to 400,000 in Afghanistan and continue his trek into Pakistan. Doesn’t this seem like change? Isn’t it a little suspicious that we are surrounding Iran?

Also, other countries are sending more troops to Afghanistan too.

Flag Post

Isn’t it a little suspicious that we are surrounding Iran?

One can make the case that we are withdrawing form Iraq, but from Iran’s perspective it might be concerning.

Flag Post

Noooo Obama =[

Flag Post

Do not forget that the reason we went to Afghanistan and the borderland of Pakistan is really simple:

Bush was a moron who used the attack to attack innocent Iraq so he can kill Hussien because he tried to kill ‘his dad’. Not for the oil, but to avenge his dad.

Obama is doing the correct thing. Do you really think now that we have Obama that war will stop? The scum that murdered thousands that day are still at large.

As for Iran, they don’t listen no matter what people do. So screw them. I say ignore them and let them make the first move then pulverize them into dust.

Flag Post

A few extremists doesn’t lead you to invade a whole country.

Flag Post

As for Iran, they don’t listen no matter what people do.

They listen to Russia, who actually dignified them with a visit (unlike Bush). Eerily similar to Cuba. I think giving “renegade” world leaders the cold shoulder as we have done repeatedly is another factor that has led to our current mess. Whether it is a direct cause or an excuse they were waiting for I cannot say, but either way it doesn’t help.

Flag Post

I am curious SaintAjora, what do you think Iran is up to?

Flag Post

Right now? She better be in the kitchen making me lunch.

Seriously though, they have been trying the last few years to become a dominant power in the region. This is the primary reason they stick their nose in so many events, from Lebanon to Syria to Iraq. It would seem, at least with the current circumstances, that some of their plans have backfired (i.e. Syria and Israel hammering out a deal), but it may be too early to say for the moment. For now they will just stay quiet, although it is possible there may be some involvement with Afghanistan when that ramps up.

Flag Post

Obama is doing the correct thing. Do you really think now that we have Obama that war will stop? The scum that murdered thousands that day are still at large.

I personally think Osama’s long gone. Just like they thought occurred with Hussein, he’s got doubles. I wouldn’t be surprised if he died back in ’07.

As for Iran, they don’t listen no matter what people do. So screw them. I say ignore them and let them make the first move then pulverize them into dust.

As for that “first move” you are referring to. If everything goes to plan, their first move will be a intercontinental nuclear missile that can reach the heart of the United States. While I can’t say we are Iran’s worst threat, we still intimidate them. Personally, I’d rather see Iran get pummeled than be remembered as a “terrible loss”.

Flag Post

Seriously though, they have been trying the last few years to become a dominant power in the region.

The Iranian authorities have officially stated that they aspire to begin a new Arab Caliphate with them at the head. Of course they are a danger to stability in the region. Whether Obama’s policies will help is another matter.

Also, other countries are sending more troops to Afghanistan too.

Don’t forget your friends the Brits, they are fighting and dying too, along with other member nations of ISAF.