President Obama page 29 (locked)

727 posts

Flag Post

The only reason I link you two Twilight, is because he posts some rant at me and you always seem to be right behind him.

Flag Post

No, a great deal of the time, we’re just posting separate things. But whatever, see it that way if you like. I’m just surprised you don’t take note of some of the other people who have disagreed with you, just today.

Flag Post

Keep in mind, I am a conservative on a liberal forum. I expect disagreements. That is what makes a discussion. I do get tired of the rants and feel they are unnecessary. You aren’t ranting so don’t take it personal.

Interesting link, btw.

Flag Post
You really think TIME is left leaning?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not! Either way, as a Time subscriber and one who generally gets pissed off when reading their journalists and their opinion writers, they are definitely left of center, I don’t think there can even be an argument.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

The only reason I link you two Twilight, is because he posts some rant at me and you always seem to be right behind him.

Paranoid….much?
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

No, a great deal of the time, we’re just posting separate things. But whatever, see it that way if you like. I’m just surprised you don’t take note of some of the other people who have disagreed with you, just today.

Yes, the fact that he totally fails to recognize the several other posters who take the tme to (rant & rave?) at the (barely?) points he makes when he “shoots from the lip”….only serves to demonstrate he has a very narrow capacity for recognition of some real & very often poignant discussion on his points by them. Odd,,isn’t it?

BUT, hell…since he habitually fails to respond to most of anything placed before him,,,,,I guess ignoring their talents is to be expected.

Keep in mind, I am a conservative on a liberal forum. I expect disagreements. That is what makes a discussion. I do get tired of the rants and feel they are unnecessary. You aren’t ranting so don’t take it personal.

It makes a “discussion” as long as it is going YOUR way…eh? When someone totallly deflates your crap balloon, it becomes a rant…eh? We’re not talking about which ethnic foods are best. We’re talking about American’s RIGHTS that YOU so callously want to ignore. So, yeah…YOU are gonna get an avalanche of rant thrown at ya by humanist “liberals” on here.

Flag Post

karma – we’ve only just finished the bloodiest century in the history of the world, during which governments murdered somewhere around 200 million of their civilians even aside from war. In the last few years in the US, we’ve seen the Patriot Act followed by the NDAA, the potential beginnings of civil unrest, the crackdown on the Occupy protesters, and on and on. Forgive me for being skeptical of your claim that the idea of private citizens needing guns to defend themselves from a potentially tyrannical government is a GOP ruse.

Flag Post

Ah…shucks, Aaron. Ya caught me being a weeeebit “extremist”. lol
Yet, whether it be a bloody coup or a simple “yanking of the already existing chain about our necks” to remind us of just beholdin’ we are to “the company store”……all would come down to what the usurper wanted from its newly formed “slaves”. Perhaps the goal would be something along the lines of ethnic cleansing (what YOU pointed out) which would then make having personal weapons quite important….even though it would be to no avail I fear.

Soon after the disruption of delivery of goods—esp. food, & other essentials—the guns would likely be used to protect ones food stash from other citizens bent on taking it from them.

So, while I’d never argue against the capability of having weaponry to “defend” oneself, I would hold it up to the light of scrutiny of the reality of just how effective it will be under differing scenarios. In other words, a citizenry having guns is good….BUT, just how good is it by comparison to what the “attack” is?

Flag Post

Here you go Twilight, the anatomy of a rant. Notice the lack of substance, the personal attacks and insults? You will notice it is not discussing the subject in any way. Not much thought goes into a rant and it is directed at a poster in the hopes the poster will bow in submission. It doesn’t really work, but some people just can’t grasp that, so they continue on with their attacks on the person instead of adding substance to the discussion at hand.

Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Paranoid….much?

Yes, the fact that he totally fails to recognize the several other posters who take the tme to (rant & rave?) at the (barely?) points he makes when he “shoots from the lip”….only serves to demonstrate he has a very narrow capacity for recognition of some real & very often poignant discussion on his points by them. Odd,,isn’t it?

BUT, hell…since he habitually fails to respond to most of anything placed before him,,,,,I guess ignoring their talents is to be expected.

It makes a “discussion” as long as it is going YOUR way…eh? When someone totallly deflates your crap balloon, it becomes a rant…eh? We’re not talking about which ethnic foods are best. We’re talking about American’s RIGHTS that YOU so callously want to ignore. So, yeah…YOU are gonna get an avalanche of rant thrown at ya by humanist “liberals” on here.

Flag Post

Paranoid….much?

Ain’t that a load a shit? I think jhco, of all people on this forum, continues to press on through the sea of liberalism in this forum more so than anybody else. Even when the conversation is not going his way, he presses on. Please, if you’re going to make an insult, at least make sure it’s accurate, Karma.

Flag Post

YOU may call it “press on”….
I call it dithering…blithering…foolishly, ignorantly rushing in where angles fear to tread.
That YOU aren’t able to see this only confirms the “unique” capacity of conservatives to be able to overlook that which doesn’t correspond to their biases.

AND,,,, once more, I remind that it be not only I who presents this “sea-of-liberalism”….which is much, MUCH more accurate than what the “conservative” side does.

jhco merits every ounce of rebuke he receives…
regardless of YOU assessment of it….
which I consider to be little more than a load of shit itself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by scoopolard:

I think jhco, of all people on this forum, continues to press on through the sea of liberalism in this forum more so than anybody else. Even when the conversation is not going his way, he presses on.

So does everyone else, that’s kind of the nature of a discussion. People who feel strongly about things (liberal or conservative) often perservere in continuing the conversation, even if it’s not going to their satisfaction.

You do sound pretty self congratulatory in this last post though, kind of like it’s you against the world. Like the previous poster said, you keep on beating your chest.

Originally posted by issendorf:

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not!

No I wasn’t really being sarcastic. I always thought TIME was more or less investigative and had a lot of journalistic integrity (middle), but I could be wrong.

Here you go Twilight, the anatomy of a rant. Notice the lack of substance, the personal attacks and insults? You will notice it is not discussing the subject in any way.

OK, but what does that have to do with me? I was just saying you should look at people individually, and quit lumping them in together. I think I put a lot of thought (and references) into my arguments.

Flag Post

Here you go Twilight, the anatomy of a rant. Notice the lack of substance, the personal attacks and insults? You will notice it is not discussing the subject in any way. Not much thought goes into a rant and it is directed at a poster in the hopes the poster will bow in submission. It doesn’t really work, but some people just can’t grasp that, so they continue on with their attacks on the person instead of adding substance to the discussion at hand.

Paranoid….much?

LOL….just one ridiculous tools from his bag of tricks to either avoid meaningful discussion of his opinions or to simply try to discredit other posters in whatever manner possible.

My above post stems from A SUBJECT HE BROUGHT UP,,,which also lacked “substance”. Soooooo nice of him to try the ol’ “out-of-context” ploy….lol
AND, I foster NO dream whatsoever that I could be instramental in having someone “bow in submission”….esp. a hard-line “conservative”.

Flag Post

YOU may call it “press on”….
I call it dithering…blithering…foolishly, ignorantly rushing in where angles fear to tread.
That YOU aren’t able to see this only confirms the “unique” capacity of conservatives to be able to overlook that which doesn’t correspond to their biases.

AND,,,, once more, I remind that it be not only I who presents this “sea-of-liberalism”….which is much, MUCH more accurate than what the “conservative” side does.

jhco merits every ounce of rebuke he receives…
regardless of YOU assessment of it….
which I consider to be little more than a load of shit itself.

That’s your opinion. This is mine. Deal with it. If you make an insult, make sure it’s accurate.
Also, I think you’re excessive punctuation, attacks, and your “unique” way of “writing” (if that’s what you want to call it) are quite idiotic, moronic, and, in general, a vain attempt at dabbling in the world of intellectual discussion and politics.
But that’s not what I was even pointing out in the first place. I was distressed because you made a statement regarding jhco that was completely lacking in factual support…something you liberals seem to do a LOT.

I think jhco, of all people on this forum, continues to press on through the sea of liberalism in this forum more so than anybody else. Even when the conversation is not going his way, he presses on.

So does everyone else, that’s kind of the nature of a discussion. People who feel strongly about things (liberal or conservative) often perservere in continuing the conversation, even if it’s not going to their satisfaction.

You do sound pretty self congratulatory in this last post though, kind of like it’s you against the world. Like the previous poster said, you keep on beating your chest.

Originally posted by issendorf:

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not!

No I wasn’t really being sarcastic. I always thought TIME was more or less investigative and had a lot of journalistic integrity (middle), but I could be wrong.

Here you go Twilight, the anatomy of a rant. Notice the lack of substance, the personal attacks and insults? You will notice it is not discussing the subject in any way.

OK, but what does that have to do with me? I was just saying you should look at people individually, and quit lumping them in together. I think I put a lot of thought (and references) into my arguments.

My argument wasn’t with you. You may BS your way through a lot of things, but you don’t sling around pointless, nonsensical, nonfactual, insults like Karma does.

I wish I knew what you meant by congratulatory…I’m beginning to wonder if you even know what that word means…

Flag Post

That’s your opinion. This is mine. Deal with it. If you make an insult, make sure it’s accurate.
Also, I think you’re excessive punctuation, attacks, and your “unique” way of “writing” (if that’s what you want to call it) are quite idiotic, moronic, and, in general, a vain attempt at dabbling in the world of intellectual discussion and politics.
But that’s not what I was even pointing out in the first place. I was distressed because you made a statement regarding jhco that was completely lacking in factual support…something you liberals seem to do a LOT.

My argument wasn’t with you. You may BS your way through a lot of things, but you don’t sling around pointless, nonsensical, nonfactual, insults like Karma does.

I wish I knew what you meant by congratulatory…I’m beginning to wonder if you even know what that word means…

Do I really need point out the irony in the above?

Scoopy “insults” me via his ONLY his opinion of me w/o the benefit of “factual support”.
Then, turns right around and is “distressed” because I do the same to jhco.
Of course, my skewering of jhco was about his opinion of the topic.
Scoopy’s opinion only made is as far as being about my having said opinion….LOL

THEN, he stoops even lower into the irony crappot (hypocrisy?) by INSULTING Twilight….
and “liberals” in general.

Ya know….if a “conservative” is gonna enter a “den-of-liberal” thinking, they best do so w/ either a very thick skin or some very well presented, hard-core ideology….OR BOTH. Sadly, I’ve yet to see either in any of the “conservative” effort in this forum.

Now, they we’ve had our fun in a great splish-splash pissing contest….mayber we can talk about Obama and what he is going to do during his second term. There is no way in hell any of the GOP candidates can garner any real support from “middle” America.

Flag Post

I’m asked sometimes what bothers me about Obama. Let me give you an example. Obama invited Wanda Sykes (comedian) to the Whitehouse to perform. She made a typical liberal joke saying she wished Rush Limbaugh’s kidney’s would fail and he would die. Obama just heehawed at this. I don’t care who you are or what political affiliation you are, a joke like this is crude and nasty. For Obama to think this was funny is just disgusting.

Flag Post

Karma, Karma, LOL. Thick skin? Ok. Believe me I have think skin and you don’t bother me at all. In fact, I don’t think you are bothering Scoop either. We laugh at your desperate posts, which brings me to the actual substance of your last post.

Obama does not have a very good chance of having a second term unless the democrats pull another “dead people in the cemeteries vote” trick. Although, I have hears Osama Bin Laden has registered this year. Middle America is pissed at Obama. The republican votes he got the first time are gone this time, along with independents, libertarians, and many of the democrats. In other words, the working people. You stay with your pipe dream of another four years with your buddy in office. I will look forward to a better future with a real president, a republican, or maybe a libertarian.

Flag Post

I’m asked sometimes what bothers me about Obama. Let me give you an example. Obama invited Wanda Sykes (comedian) to the Whitehouse to perform. She made a typical liberal joke saying she wished Rush Limbaugh’s kidney’s would fail and he would die. Obama just heehawed at this. I don’t care who you are or what political affiliation you are, a joke like this is crude and nasty. For Obama to think this was funny is just disgusting.

If this is a fact//truth…I fully agree.
Even though I personally wouldn’t mind Rush getting his just rewards….in whatever manner.
BUT, one must ALWAYS consider the context in which that happened….
something that I have great doubts in your ability to relay reliably.
Sister Wanda does know how to “skewer” and make it seem perfectly logical….lol

BUT, if THAT is the base line upon which ya’re willing to throw the U.S. Pres under the bus for,,,then I think ya’re kinda missing the point on what politics are about.

Flag Post

It’s true. If this was the only thing I have seen the president do, I would have dismissed it as poor judgment, but there seems to be a theme going here. Look at the last several presidents during their state of the union messages. What do you see behind them, hanging on the wall? The American Flag. Now, look at Obama’s state of the union address and what do you see? A curtain. Not only a curtain, but it has Muslim symbols on it. He won’t cover his heart for the flag and that really bothers me as I and many of my ancestors fought for what that flag stands for. It’s things like this that causes me and people like me to not trust him.

Flag Post

:-D I’m snickering a little bit here because this reminds me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy, and how he defined pretention—when I said you were self-congratulatory, what I meant in a way is that you insist upon yourself and your point(s). In layman’s terms, it means little more than giving yourself a bunch of pats on the back and atta boys.

I looked up the definition in the dictionary, and yes I understand the meaning and how it was applied.

Also, why do you feel I “BS” my way through things when I’m just having a debate, and providing sources no less?

Flag Post

Now, look at Obama’s state of the union address and what do you see? A curtain. Not only a curtain, but it has Muslim symbols on it.

As usual, wtf are you talking about?

This state of the union address?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/01/24/us/politics/state-of-the-union-2012-video-transcript.html

That’s not a “muslim curtain” behind him, it’s red and white stripes and it’s called the American flag.

He won’t cover his heart for the flag and that really bothers me as I and many of my ancestors fought for what that flag stands for.

I fought for the flag just as much as you did, and more recently. It would bother me if someone didn’t salute the flag, but then how do you explain these?

Flag Post

Thinking outside of the partisan box, both parties are destined to run us into the ground. Obama with his over-spending on domestic and foreign affairs, and RomTorum with their over-spending on foreign affairs. Not to mention, RomTorum doesn’t stand a chance in the general election =/. As stereotypical as I may seem, at least I will know that in the end I didn’t vote for someone who was either going to destroy the world with their foreign policies or destroy America with their huge government with insufficient taxes. Even when the person that I support loses the primary, I will still write his name in just so I can feel good inside.

Flag Post

Fair enough, slasher.

Flag Post

Do I really need point out the irony in the above?

Scoopy “insults” me via his ONLY his opinion of me w/o the benefit of “factual support”.
Then, turns right around and is “distressed” because I do the same to jhco.
Of course, my skewering of jhco was about his opinion of the topic.
Scoopy’s opinion only made is as far as being about my having said opinion….LOL

THEN, he stoops even lower into the irony crappot (hypocrisy?) by INSULTING Twilight….
and “liberals” in general.

Ya know….if a “conservative” is gonna enter a “den-of-liberal” thinking, they best do so w/ either a very thick skin or some very well presented, hard-core ideology….OR BOTH. Sadly, I’ve yet to see either in any of the “conservative” effort in this forum.

Now, they we’ve had our fun in a great splish-splash pissing contest….mayber we can talk about Obama and what he is going to do during his second term. There is no way in hell any of the GOP candidates can garner any real support from “middle” America.

Did I really need factual support to point out the fact that you write like a mentally deranged monkey on crack? Several other posters have criticized your writing style. No more factual basis is needed. When you insulted jhco by implying that he wouldn’t “press on” through an argument, u made an insult that literally had no shred of believability behind it whatsoever. Jhco almost always keeps going in these debates. For the record, he has a helluva lot more patience for y’all than I ever will. Once again, the point I was making is that an insult being made should at least have a shred of truth to it. That was my only point there. Don’t get too salty now.

:-D I’m snickering a little bit here because this reminds me of Peter Griffin from Family Guy, and how he defined pretention—when I said you were self-congratulatory, what I meant in a way is that you insist upon yourself and your point(s). In layman’s terms, it means little more than giving yourself a bunch of pats on the back and atta boys.

I looked up the definition in the dictionary, and yes I understand the meaning and how it was applied.

Also, why do you feel I “BS” my way through things when I’m just having a debate, and providing sources no less?

I wasn’t being self-congratualatory at all…that’s why I was wondering where the hell that came from.

Flag Post

Well, looking at the Super Tuesday election results, RomTorum is definitely going to with the primary. I try to open my mind to accept their policies, but it just makes me feel like I am looking at an alternative set of horrible policies. You cannot expect to shrink spending while continuing a horrible foreign policy. Even Israel has said many times that they do not need us babysitting them, yet we feel the need to stay there. Not to mention, you cannot win the general election while you strongly support anti-gay and pro-war policies. But you still cannot expect America to survive while you spend money on useless things. Yet it pains me more for conservatives to ignore the fact that they are just the same, except they excessively spend on foreign policies. The idea that we are going to have to elect either RomTorum or Obama scares me, currently. It’s that feeling where you know that something is wrong, but you are inevitably going to lose. I can only hope that I am wrong, because that is my only choice.

Flag Post

This is off the internet. I might be wrong and if so I can accept it (obviously I can see flags in there), but the question remains.

Title 36 or the U.S. Code,
During a rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed (A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; (B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

Asked whether Obama normally puts his hand over his heart while listening to the national anthem, Obama spokesman Bill Burton replied by e-mail: "Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn’t.