President Obama page 3 (locked)

727 posts

Flag Post

Pacaholic your sarcasm is often used in a very untactful manner. >_>

If I recall, Obama separated himself from that church.

I was subject to attempted indoctrination through twice-weekly church services for the first 13 years of my life. I eventually found myself disagreeing with what my church was teaching and left the church. That does not mean I hate the people who were in it, only what the pastoral leadership taught. And that also does not mean that the members of that church define who I am today, although several of them remain are like family to me because I have known them since I was born.

Flag Post

You are right about the sarcasm. Of course he separated himself from that church. He HAD to… The point is, some people see this “black president” as the greatest thing that ever has happened. I just dont see that.

And for those people who are too lazy to turn to page 2:

Originally posted by pacaholic:

In a lighthearted conversation, President Obama told Jay Leno that he recently bowled a 129 at the White House bowling alley.

“Very good,” Leno said sarcastically.

“It was like Special Olympics or something,” Obama replied.

That is our president that is going to bring equality to us all. Oh how far we have come. The man is a complete joke…

Flag Post

So, does Obama get a pass for this statement? I have a feeling that a negative remark about a black or gay person from Bush would have sparked a TON of controversy. Are mentally challenged people more okay to make jokes about?

Flag Post

a human being made a slightly inappropriate remark off the cuff

shock horror

Flag Post
Originally posted by Conco:

a human being made a slightly inappropriate remark off the cuff

shock horror

Not just any human. The man that is suppose to symbolize the ending of bigotry, a man who has become the “savior of America.” This man is the first american black president. People cried at his inauguration. People CRIED at his inauguration because the “dream” had finally came true. This man was suppose to put stereotypes away. He would finally bring this country together.

Propaganda I say… The man made fun of mentally handicapped people on Jay Leno…. Wait a second… What is he even doing on Jay Leno? The first president to go on a late night comedy show or variety show while in office. This is right after having to pass an “emergency” bill which had to rescue us from this economic nightmare. The same bill that was not on the internet for 5 days, even though he said it would be. The same bill that has government projects that wont even start for years! (I thought this was an emergency?) The same bill that is bailing out companies so they can give millions to their CEO’s CFO’s etc… So far, this man has been a complete joke to me.

Flag Post

One comment doesn’t define a man.

It’s obvious that he’s not going to be perfect, he doesn’t claim to have ended bigotry or be the saviour of America.

Some people have hopes for him that he will never come close to.

Aren’t you taxing AIG’s bonuses 90% now, yes some projects will take time to set up, so?

He’s what, a couple of months into his presidency, and you appear to be chomping at the bit to find any reason to write him off.

Flag Post

While I can’t speak for others Conco, I would call anybody who mocked the disabled a bigot, regardless of their position in society.

Flag Post

Obama attended a Church his whole life.

all presidents were christian sighs

Once Obama came to be a public figure, and cameras started rolling inside the church, the pastor was found to have a very anti-American and racist viewpoint.

I heard his whoel speech, I agree with the pastor, Im not religious, but what he said was true, so fuck P.C.!

But American voters didn’t care…

How is that anything special?

Anyways, its like the people who voted for him are in the Special Olympics or something. Oh oops.

no oops, fuck P.C, if its funny its funny

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

Maybe its a good thing he isn’t throwing all of it at us.

I’d rather know than stick my head in the sand and pretend it isn’t so.

Bush seemed too wrapped up in Iraq-istan to worry about the crumbling United States he was supposed to be leading.

Get a map. Or a Globe.

I do have to bring up, though, that with the largest portion of soldiers home, the already poor job market will be even worse.

You realise that they aren’t being discharged from service? That they’ll still be on active duty within the military for the duration of their contracts and then pressured into re-signing?

I see your point in the “sand” issue.

I am well aware of my intentional blend of the two countries. It was supposed to represent a satirical view of the Republican’s ideas on the two countries.

I am not an economist or whatever those people are that study our stock markets and such. But I do know that in previous wars, mass amounts of soldiers coming back home usually try to find other jobs, especially reservists. I wasn’t aware, though that they were still active. Thanks for the info.

Flag Post

no oops, fuck P.C, if its funny its funny

I expect you to laugh at the next funny “black” or “white” joke. Or the next “jew” joke, etc… No matter how racist or bigoted.

Flag Post

I expect you to laugh at the next funny “black” or “white” joke. Or the next “jew” joke, etc… No matter how racist or bigoted.

indeed i will :D

if a joke is truely funny, you cannot deny that it becuase of political correctness

to be honest I never really heard any white jokes, I am white and I am deeply offended that no one can come up with a joke about me, lol.

Well, I am of polish decent, so I looked up some polish jokes-laughed my ass off!

Funny is funny! (Why does the New Polish Navy have glass bottom boats? To see the Old Polish Navy :D)

Flag Post

Also, everyone failed to mention that Obama called the president of the Special Olympics to apologize. He made a very profound and heartfelt apology, too. Convenient detail to leave out. I’m not for him, but if you’re going ot make a man look bad at least do it legitimately.

Flag Post

So, does Obama get a pass for this statement? I have a feeling that a negative remark about a black or gay person from Bush would have sparked a TON of controversy. Are mentally challenged people more okay to make jokes about?

When he immediately recognizes the mistake and apologizes I can maybe cut him some slack.

Flag Post

So far, this man has been a complete joke to me.

Hopefully. I was almost sure that the greatest era of comedy ended on January 20, 2009, but it is quite possible that I’ll find Obama funny in the future, but not just yet.

The man made fun of mentally handicapped people on Jay Leno…

It was an expression. It is very well known that Special Olympic scores are lower, so it was an expression. It may have been unwise, but when you’re supposed to improvise live, it’s hard to stop those knee-jerk reactions that pop out jokes (perhaps not properly screened.) You see, I can assure you that Obama has told all sorts of racist and discriminatory jokes in his life. I can assure you that almost everyone has, including Bush and Cheney. Including you (in fact, you were actually discriminatory on the end of page 2. Is that hypocrisy?).

Again, the most admirable aspect of Obama so far is that he realizes and admits his mistakes, and then rapidly tries to repair them. Much better than Bush: he would take over the world before he admitted he was wrong.

Flag Post

When he immediately recognizes the mistake and apologizes I can maybe cut him some slack.

Apologizing does not excuse the original mistake, however, I am glad he did so.

Flag Post

And Bush was wrong a lot in his speeches… Or at least politically incorrect.

Flag Post

Coincidentally, my grandfather was watching the news about 10 minutes ago and they had that clip on. I laughed at it before realizing what he had just said. The weird thing is, if it had been a movie celebrity or musician, people would have gone on as nothing had happened. He may be the president, but he’s still only human. Is it wrong to say things like this kind of “humble” him in my eyes. People in the White House say he’s usually seen in the Oval Office in dress pants and a button-up. No more “dress suit” policy. I think the informality he wants to bring to the nation is exactly what we need. We’ve been so wrapped up in this war for the past 8 years, we need to realize that we can only do so much.

By the way, I hope I didn’t offend anyone by saying “we”. I’m American and sometimes forget to be specific when referring to the U.S.

Flag Post

If Bush still had control of the USA, it would b gd, due 2 da tax raise 4 da vry wealthy.
Most of my frndz hate it dat r ovr ths thrshld.

Flag Post

I understand people make mistakes, but if you are going to build your campaign on the ideals that he did, there are some things you cannot do. Anyways, its just one of many problems i have with Obama.

Flag Post

I understand people make mistakes, but if you are going to build your campaign on the ideals that he did, there are some things you cannot do. Anyways, its just one of many problems i have with Obama.

You mean be human? I think both Obama and everyone who voted for him knew that ideals are virtually impossible to perfectly impart on the government. He conceded that it was going to be a long road, and everything wasn’t going to poof back to normal. Just as the world didn’t poof into ashes, but rather took a long 8 years to take full effect.

Flag Post

I also love the word “Special” used in todays society

When you are a little kid teachers always tell their students that they are all special and unique (yet if that’s the case then no one is) As I progressed through elementary school I saw the only kids still being called “special” were retarded. Now why did they choose (out of all the words in the English language) to call these kids “special” I want to know. Kids everywhere subconsciously associate uniqueness with retardation now, good fucking move education system.

Flag Post

If Obama is workin on fairns, thn y did most bailout $$$ go 2 huge companies like AIG?

Flag Post

So that we wouldn’t have massive amounts of unemployed people. Also, the bigger companies need more money in general. It’s MUCH more difficult for a company with 10 employees and one store to rack up $60 billion in debt that it was for AIG.

Flag Post

Remember that time a man by the name of Timothy Geithner failed to pay $40,000 in taxes but was put in by Obama as the US secretary of the treasury? And then came the AIG scandal.

This scandal is the direct outcome of Geithner’s bailout plan. Because the Obama administration is pursuing a public-private partnership bailout strategy, and because Wall Street wouldn’t participate in this plan if their bonuses were threatened, the Obama administration blocked legislation that would have blocked Wall Street bonuses.

Flag Post

Just how is AIG a scandal?! I mean, the CEO’s made an unsuccessful attempt to hoard some of the money, but Obama wasn’t involved in that. In fact, he helped make the executives give it back.