President Obama page 5 (locked)

727 posts

Flag Post

Oh, the editing. Please post “edit” or something similar to that when you edit a post. It makes the rest of the thread make more sense.

Flag Post

That is my point though…

You have a funny way of saying it then. Because it does not seem like that at all from what you’ve said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iggyshark:

That is my point though…

You have a funny way of saying it then. Because it does not seem like that at all from what you’ve said.

What does it sound like im saying? I mean, your point is a little more general while mines more specific, but thats all i see.

Flag Post

What does it sound like im saying? I mean, your point is a little more general while mines more specific, but thats all i see.

Are you honestly asking me to explain your own post to you? I don’t see how a single, clear, concise sentence is more general than one confusing paragraph that seemingly differs entirely. More specific indeed.

Flag Post

Are you honestly asking me to explain your own post to you? I don’t see how a single, clear, concise sentence is more general than one confusing paragraph that seemingly differs entirely. More specific indeed.

Thus the confusion begins. You agree with me on one point. That is all that needs to be said.

Flag Post
Originally posted by woodythedon:

I am glad he got the money back AFTER everyone in the public went BERSERK about it… They specifically blocked legislation that would keep it from happening, everyone got mad at them, they got i think 90% back. Bravo Obama

Raging at bankers is a dangerous road to tread. The fact that there is very little he can do legally to avoid paying them, it just highlights his impotence.

Obama has several options to regain the money, but none of them would be good. If he attempted to use his executive power to break the contracts, he could get tied up in legal knots, plus it doesn’t look good as it shakes confidence in the rule of law. Alternatively he could recoup the money by withholding an equivalent amount from the next tranche of bail out cash. However that would be extremely foolish, as the bonuses would remain in the pockets of the bankers, AIG would get less, but would indicate the government was initially, prepared to give them more than was necessary.

The course he has chosen, complaining, but not actually doing anything about it will weaken his position in congress who might put up more opposition to further money bills.

What he should have done is explain why bail outs and the honoring of contracts are necessary evils in this time of crisis.

Didn’t Congress pass a taxation on the bailout money to gai back some of the funds used for bonuses?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ion14:
Originally posted by woodythedon:

I am glad he got the money back AFTER everyone in the public went BERSERK about it… They specifically blocked legislation that would keep it from happening, everyone got mad at them, they got i think 90% back. Bravo Obama

Raging at bankers is a dangerous road to tread. The fact that there is very little he can do legally to avoid paying them, it just highlights his impotence.

Obama has several options to regain the money, but none of them would be good. If he attempted to use his executive power to break the contracts, he could get tied up in legal knots, plus it doesn’t look good as it shakes confidence in the rule of law. Alternatively he could recoup the money by withholding an equivalent amount from the next tranche of bail out cash. However that would be extremely foolish, as the bonuses would remain in the pockets of the bankers, AIG would get less, but would indicate the government was initially, prepared to give them more than was necessary.

The course he has chosen, complaining, but not actually doing anything about it will weaken his position in congress who might put up more opposition to further money bills.

What he should have done is explain why bail outs and the honoring of contracts are necessary evils in this time of crisis.

Didn’t Congress pass a taxation on the bailout money to gai back some of the funds used for bonuses?

I’ve heard both 90% and 100% of the bonuses are being returned via taxation.

Flag Post

The text you both quoted had that already in it.

Flag Post

Ah. I see.

Flag Post

ROFL….

Flag Post

Which is going to be overturned the second it gets into court.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MlR1PQ1N4
Do whatever you can to get elected, then do what is realistic

Flag Post

Alex Jones? That explains so much.

Flag Post

i didnt expect people to watch it, and even if they did, they are so full of koolaid, that it wouldnt matter.

Flag Post

Was that an attempt at racism, paca?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyru:

No, just a general ad hominem.

Flag Post

No, he uses kool-aid as a euphemism for either drugs or mental illness. It’s hard to tell.

Flag Post

No, he uses kool-aid as a euphemism for either drugs or mental illness. It’s hard to tell.

Ah. Where I live “kool-aid” is often referred to as the “drink of African Americans,” and I have encountered the same remarks across the internet. My mistake.

Flag Post

Koolaid drinkers comes from the this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown
the people who followed him all died drinking koolaid

EDIT: definition
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Koolaid%20Drinker

Flag Post

No. That is where the term “koolaid and cyanide” comes from, not “koolaid.”

Flag Post

Where I live “kool-aid” is often referred to as the “drink of African Americans,”

Er… Really? I had no idea. Then again, Ireland is only 0.8% African. Mostly it’s enjoyed by the poor here, regardless of race.

Flag Post

I am saying that this was not a wise move.

Flag Post

I am saying that this was not a wise move.

And this is why:

Originally posted by Carados:

Which is going to be overturned the second it gets into court.

Flag Post

This is biased news… If this had been a republican… Keith would have torn him apart

<object width="425" height="344"><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GD0EcujFSn8&hl=en&fs=1" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And this is another example of the medias bias. Its like he pretends it doesn’t happen. “it might backfire.” “you might throw a joke out there that could backfire”… lol

<object width="445" height="364"><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiaEseofcn8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

im not claiming that this remark was the worse thing that ever happened or anything. But these guys didnt even criticize what he said. They simply said “accidents can happen on talk shows.” Dont pretend for one second that this is how they would have reacted had Bush done the same thing.

This one is much better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUV3NTf2qpM&amp;feature=related

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacaholic:

This is biased news… If this had been a republican… Keith would have torn him apart
<object height="344" width="425"><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GD0EcujFSn8&hl=en&fs=1" height="344" width="425"></embed></object>

No, really?

There are very few ‘true’ NEWS outlets that do not show favoritism.