If a Zombie Attack were to happen...

464 posts

Flag Post

Where would you go?
Where would you get your supplies?
What weapons would you use?
Who would you go with?
What would you eat?
Some people might think this isnt a serious discussion, but just wait till a zombie invasion DOES happen….

I would go to Sam’s Club and climb those big shelves with snacks stacked on them and stay up there.

I would get my supplies at Sam’s Club

I would definetly use a long sword/knife, remember, you dont need to reload blades

I’d go with my family and bring my dog.

I would eat anything i can get my hands on (Except zombies and i definetly am not going to start to be a cannibal)

Flag Post

I have my doubts about a zombie invasion as well… cough

Flag Post

Where would you go?

The local grocery store. It’s got two entrances and one is protected by a reinforced metal door.

Duh?

I’d grab my .243 Remington and any rifles and shotguns my grandfather deems usable. He’s got quite a collection, but some are a bit antiquated.

Who would you go with?

I’d grab my family and my dog. I’d also see if I could get hold of my girlfriend. Someone needs to help replenish the population. LOL.

What would you eat?

Didn’t this fall under supplies?

You’re comment on blades is useful, but do you have the cojones to get face to face with the zombies? Personally, the fortify and shoot from a distance tactic tickles my fancy. It takes ONE weak swipe to lose your sword/knife in a zombie’s skull. And when you’re standing amongst dozens of the living dead, I’ll make sure to clear a path for you :)

P.S. Zombie skin and entrails are poisonous to ingest. I wouldn’t suggest doing anything to a zombie other than killing and burning it.

Flag Post

I would rush out to the nearest Waterstones and aviail myself of a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. (Probably not even paying for it and using loyalty points instead).
I would then go home and speed-read to refresh my memory, do everything he recommends, then meet up with the survivors for tea and biscuits after the outbreak has passed. :P

Flag Post

I would let them kill me, and eat my flesh :D

Flag Post

If a zombie attack were to happen, then I would read this thread. Until then, I’ll just ignore it.

Flag Post

the nearest Waterstones

in America its called Borders (barnes and noble sux :D)

back on topix!

we need two new forum boards:

religion forum

and

disasters and threats to the human race that have an almost zero chance of happening but are still regarded by many people as “going to fuckin happen for sure, run!” forum

Flag Post

I have to pull out the shotgun.

Flag Post

Off topic forum – use it.

Flag Post

another good book is world war Z

Flag Post

Gear up and head for the hills. Zombies seem to like highly populated urban and suburban areas. Grabbing a boat and island hopping also seems like a safer bet than sticking around downtown.

Flag Post

Yep, i would go into the deep woods and live off the land away from humanity’s remains…at least until a zombie squirrel ate me in my sleep.

Flag Post

i would defintely Go Here

Flag Post

Go to the volcano, build a constantly flowing river of lava around me.

Wait. Making sure the pressure never builds up in the volcano so I can harvest the fertile soils around.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RMcD:

Go to the volcano, build a constantly flowing river of lava around me.

Wait. Making sure the pressure never builds up in the volcano so I can harvest the fertile soils around.

i think these are lava-resistant zombies

Flag Post

1. Madagascar, pandemic 2 has proves this place is insane for an infection to reach
2. local game
3. uggh… a rifle of any sort would do to gather food, no zombies to fend off
4. family pets etc.
5. local game

if i could i would have chuck norris for 3 and 4

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:

Melee Weapon: Shaolin Spade. It’s heavy, yes, but it possess an excellent amount of head-smashing utility. Remember, with zombies, you MUST destroy the head. Nothing else matters.
Short Range: 1911 Handgun, good capacity and stopping power, very high level of reliability.
Medium Range: G36. High rate of fire and accuracy, and, as before, it all boils down to head shots.
Long Range: Crossbow. The whole point of it being long range is stealth, and the crossbow is pretty much the quietest weapon ever. Remember, the zombies won’t care about how their fellows die, but if they can hear the source, they WILL head towards it. Also, it would be significantly easier to fashion new bolts over sniper rounds, and as a bonus, the bolts can be reused if you are talking out small groups or lone zombies. Think, people, THINK.
I would, however, be prepared to accept a PSG1 in place of a crossbow, should I be in a dense urban area, as the crossbow suffers from difficulty in reloading, whereas the PSG1 was actually designed for use in urban tactical sniping situations.
Base: Is it weird that I Google map the location of the nearest military base whenever I’m in a new town?
However, if I am within a few hours of the coast, I would head for the nearest decommissioned aircraft carrier, and stock it with food. It would be relatively easy to remove the ramps that allow for boarding without breaking the connection to the dock.

Also, a note to everyone in this thread. You seem to have the bizarre idea that setting fire to a zombie stops it, when in fact it leaves you faced with a zombie that is now on fire. If you are in a close-combat situation, and you would have to be for a flamethrower (The effective range is about 10-20 meters), then the zombies are already in range of attacking you. The only situation in which I would advocate flame is when setting off remote incendiary explosives. The fire WILL kill a zombie, but the important thing to remember is that it takes time, several minutes at least, before the heat destroys the brain.

Flag Post

i will go to a military base,there should be people…with guns,if not then a sub
I would go to the grocery store
A MG42 with a shitload of ammo

Flag Post

All my answers would depend on how much zombies there are, how much survivors, and the description of the zombies (their strength, their weapons, their speed, their instinct).

Where would you go?

Can the zombies you describe carry weapons? If yes, I don’t think I can get far. We don’t have weapons nearby in a very wide range.

There’s a lot of shops nearby, I could go there.

Like I said, there are no firearms nearby. I think something hard and sharp is the best I can find.

Who would you go with?

My girlfriend, of course. And my family. And my cat. But basically, I think rounding up survivors is the best thing you can do. You’ll stand a better chance.

What would you eat?

Yeah, we would eat the entire shop empty (the perishable goods first). After that, just moving on to other shops would help.

Some people might think this isnt a serious discussion, but just wait till a zombie invasion DOES happen….

I don’t think this is too serious, should be off-topic.

Flag Post

Melee Weapon: Shaolin Spade. It’s heavy, yes, but it possess an excellent amount of head-smashing utility. Remember, with zombies, you MUST destroy the head. Nothing else matters.

Short Range: 1911 Handgun, good capacity and stopping power, very high level of reliability.

Medium Range: G36. High rate of fire and accuracy, and, as before, it all boils down to head shots.

Long Range: Crossbow. The whole point of it being long range is stealth, and the crossbow is pretty much the quietest weapon ever. Remember, the zombies won’t care about how their fellows die, but if they can hear the source, they WILL head towards it. Also, it would be significantly easier to fashion new bolts over sniper rounds, and as a bonus, the bolts can be reused if you are talking out small groups or lone zombies. Think, people, THINK.

I would, however, be prepared to accept a PSG1 in place of a crossbow, should I be in a dense urban area, as the crossbow suffers from difficulty in reloading, whereas the PSG1 was actually designed for use in urban tactical sniping situations.

Base: Is it weird that I Google map the location of the nearest military base whenever I’m in a new town?

However, if I am within a few hours of the coast, I would head for the nearest decommissioned aircraft carrier, and stock it with food. It would be relatively easy to remove the ramps that allow for boarding without breaking the connection to the dock.

Also, a note to everyone in this thread. You seem to have the bizarre idea that setting fire to a zombie stops it, when in fact it leaves you faced with a zombie that is now on fire. If you are in a close-combat situation, and you would have to be for a flamethrower (The effective range is about 10-20 meters), then the zombies are already in range of attacking you. The only situation in which I would advocate flame is when setting off remote incendiary explosives. The fire WILL kill a zombie, but the important thing to remember is that it takes time, several minutes at least, before the heat destroys the brain.

Someone read Max Brookes’ Zombie Survival Guide ;)
But yeah, thats what I’d do, if I could get it. If I wanted a long term base I’d use an old castle. It was designed to survive seiges… for awhile. I’d secure a perimeter around the castle and try to keep a decent farm up.

Flag Post

If this were to happen i would team up with will smith and his dog and find a cure
1. Canada
2. Johns market place
3. the Max Pain hand gun(the bathroom scene
4. Bring my dog Samson
5. Worst came to worst i would eat the zombies

Flag Post

I’d find a boat and go to an small island in the middle on nowhere thats uninhabited by human life. I’d bring a male and female rabbit to breed more off of and eat them. As for weopons, I’d find/ make a bow of some sort.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vuteks:

If this were to happen i would team up with will smith and his dog and find a cure
1. Canada
2. Johns market place
3. the Max Pain hand gun(the bathroom scene
4. Bring my dog Samson
5. Worst came to worst i would eat the zombies

1) Canada’s awfully big. What part would you head to?

2) Grocery Stores aren’t great hiding places. They have big windows at the front, lots of entrances, and no good hiding places.

3) Any other weapons? What happens when you need a weapon for a different environment?

4, 5) Zombie flesh is poisonous. It would kill both you and the dog.

Flag Post

can zombies smell?

Flag Post

Yes. Read Max Brooks’ Zombie Survival Guide :P