Is God really real?

1458 posts

Flag Post

Post your ideas and thoughts, your knowledge and the truth about God here. Yes, you may be wondering, why is the amazingly famous atheist creating a thread about is God alive or not, because she thinks she knows that he doesn’t? Well, the answer to that is I wanna know your opinions.

Flag Post

Isn’t there like…. 8 other threads on this?

Flag Post

Yep. Hazzah for originality.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zamininc:

There are a lot more than 8 threads; there’s at least one new one every month. Everything must have been said by now!

Flag Post

That was one of the best posts I’ve ever read.

You’re not an amazingly famous athiest. And here’s my answer.

Attempting to find proof of God’s existence…
Stopping…Proof of God’s existence cannot be found…
Operation failed. Proof of God’s existence not found.

Flag Post

i think so, many religions believe otherwise, each religion has its own beliefs and customs. i personally think he is making up the bible would of taken very long and countless ideas

Flag Post

It’s going to be just that. Opinions. We have no proof for or against. All you will hear is “yes, I believe so” or “no, I don’t believe that”. There is no knowledge or truth about God, purely ideas and thoughts. If we had knowledge and truth about God, he would more fit into science, which is not something we are going to do.

Flag Post

which is not something we are going to do.

Surely, there is at least some scientist trying? Not that I think they can succeed.

Flag Post

Once you “prove” the supernatural, it’s not supernatural any more.

If you prove something exists, then believing in it is no longer a matter of faith.

Flag Post

Surely, there is at least some scientist trying? Not that I think they can succeed.

I think scientists would spend their time better doing something else. Pretty pointless trying to prove or disprove God’s existence knowing we have to be far more advanced for that.

Perhaps there are scientists actively trying to search for evidence, but I would say they aren’t spending their time efficiently.

Flag Post

I’m not saying Christians shouldn’t be Christians, just saying there’s no proof. That doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be faith, however.

Flag Post

I’m not saying Christians shouldn’t be Christians, just saying there’s no proof.

I’m getting a bit tired of hearing that argument over and over again. It’s pretty pointless. We know there is no proof, that’s the whole thing. As you said, it is the faith that counts in this case. The absence of proof makes the faith.

Flag Post

Wha…?

That was a minor snap at me there. You may be getting tired of the argument, but I’m pointing out, as you did, that faith is all that matters.

Flag Post

That was a minor snap at me there.

That’s interpretation. It’s coming over as quite a snap hearing the “no proof” thing. I feel it has become redundant. I did not mean to attack you, just the idea.

Flag Post

Well, I’m a self-loathing person, so things like that cannot help. I take things to personally, sorry.

Anyhow…are we /thread yet?

Flag Post

I thought we were /thread back up at SithDoughnut’s post.

Flag Post

Besides the fact that there are indeed too many threads about this issue, this thread itself doesn’t ask for much discussion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SithDoughnut:
Originally posted by zamininc:

There are a lot more than 8 threads; there’s at least one new one every month. Everything must have been said by now!

I hate to respond to this topic, but I’m curious. How long did it take you to type that out?

Flag Post

Thanks for answering, guys. But ya see, my friend mertoness made a thread when she was 13 or less days old and now she has around 350 posts on that thread. It simply isn’t fair, and, as mario knows, I love nailing peoples’ arses, which I don’t normally succeed in.

Flag Post

Thanks for answering, guys. But ya see, my friend mertoness made a thread when she was 13 or less days old and now she has around 350 posts on that thread. It simply isn’t fair, and, as mario knows, I love nailing peoples’ arses, which I don’t normally succeed in.

Jealousy is not a valid reason to make redundant threads.

Flag Post

And ain’t that the truth.

I made a thread in off-topic called “My Music Lyrics”. She proceeded to make a similar thread in an obvious attempt to draw viewers from mine. And it was better

But mertoness’ one was obviously better, because it was more interesting than “Is God real?” I mean just look at SithDoughnut’s post.

This has been done oh so many times, and mertoness made one a little different, that’s all.

Flag Post

god is ssssssooooo real, how do u think the universe was made?!?!?!

Flag Post

We don’t know. That’s why we believe in God. Others don’t. I don’t like it when other believers make it seem like there’s no other way than God, since obviously there are many more beliefs, and many more people without beliefs.

Flag Post

I don’t beleive in god. It seems completely illogical.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tman12:

christ i hope scientists solve this in my lifetime