Did Jesus fake his own death? page 9

214 posts

Flag Post

lol, i got people talking about me.

i wasn’t gonna comment, but ehm…this left me puzzled:

If he left, the board might well attract another like them, to fill in the void.

Besides, often you need someone to ask the idiot-questions to flesh an idea out properly

who’s this “them” i am apparently a part of? i pride myself at being an individual like no other — in my mind, that’s why i “[lack] a proper understanding of how reality works”; i just reject the usual institutional indoctrination as well as the common, conformist views (and have since infancy), and think for myself. that’s why people often think i lack such comprehension and even that i’m stupid, until they really talk to me. usually the more a person think they know everything, the more persistently they think me stupid — and now i find myself merely a favorite representative of a group of people?

and what are “idiot-questions”? i don’t think i usually ask a lot of questions. this response excepted.

oh god damnit, the /blockquote is in the right place, and when i copy paste, i get returns added that i could not have copied. this forum formatting is fucking up again.

Flag Post

She means you’re similar to a number of other posters who came and left. They seem to be typified as closet asperger idealists who endlessly annoyed anyone willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hadn’t thought of you like that before, but it does make a kind of sense…

She also seems to believe SD attracts certain recurring characters, which I’m less certain about…if that were true then between vika’s frequent absences we would’ve acquired a new robo-girl, in karma’s case, a new sloppy speller, in my case, a new chameleon…

Anyway, it was just a misunderstanding on my part that got your name brought up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

Who’s this “them” i am apparently a part of?

Both Flypurplehamster and Winnabago had your same argument style and type of viewpoint. They were both um, …highly anal about believing their point of view was the only right one, and obsessive-compulsive about having every number dead-on exact. You are cut from similar cloth, but you are nowhere near as extreme as either. So, you are easier to work with. If something happened to you, we might get one of them back instead ::shudder::

What are “idiot-questions”?

Idiot questions refers more to a point of view. Its when you are having a brainstorming session, and someone has to ask the idiot-questions. They come at the project from tghe point of view of a know-nothing individual who doesn’t understand how anything works, and aggrivate everyone else in the group. Such a method is highly useful if you are good at it, for showing a mindset we would otherwise miss. Helps eliminate problems that the general clueless individual on the street might encounter.

You, are rather good at it; something which is valued.

EDIT@ Janton:

She also seems to believe SD attracts certain recurring characters, which I’m less certain about…

I suspect it aquires a certain range of mindsets, which most of us kinda clip the edge of, in one way or another. That means that certain mindtypes are likely to be more prevalent than others, yea.

Have you not noticed how most of us here, have a strong central agenda?

Would be nice to see another of my kind here, but most of my colleagues think I’m mad for coming here. Far to troll-y to stay, as one put it.

Flag Post
closet asperger idealists

hey, don’t open the closet dude! hehe. well, sorta.

who endlessly annoyed anyone willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hadn’t thought of you like that before, but it does make a kind of sense…

yeah, my ivory tower has spines. but a little barely discriminate resentment never hurt anyone, too bad. but i have a feeling i would be very unflattered with the comparison if i’d known them.

They were both um, …highly anal about believing their point of view was the only right one, and obsessive-compulsive about having every number dead-on exact. You are cut from similar cloth, but you are nowhere near as extreme as either.

well, i’m glad i serve some sort of purpose (though, logically, i don’t see how i could have that effect of keeping others away), but i hope you realise the exact same thing could be said about you…

Idiot questions refers more to a point of view. Its when you are having a brainstorming session, and someone has to ask the idiot-questions. They come at the project from tghe point of view of a know-nothing individual who doesn’t understand how anything works, and aggrivate everyone else in the group. Such a method is highly useful if you are good at it, for showing a mindset we would otherwise miss. Helps eliminate problems that the general clueless individual on the street might encounter.

You, are rather good at it; something which is valued.

your flattery is well tailored.

ok but that sums up that … not even a tangent. the weirdest thread hi-jacking ever.

Have you not noticed how most of us here, have a strong central agenda?

i think that is mostly what drives people to enter the floor and post here. but the actual make-up is not well-represented by posts. i’m looking at you, lurker!

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:
Originally posted by tenco1:as in order to flood the entire world, you would need more water than is on the planet.

That’s not true. If God used His omnipotence to flood the entire world, it wouldn’t take all the water that is on the world. I mean, if He is omnipotent, He could have just covered the entire Earth in a 1000 foot layer of water. He can force matter to not obey the laws of physics, so why is it that our arguments always try to contain Him within those laws? If He is contained in those laws, then He isn’t omnipotent, and He isn’t God. If that is the case, then argue that there is no God.

Arguments about how “a being not limited by Y (or anything else) couldn’t have done X because of the limitations of Y” always feel like a finger is poking me in the eye. God, not being limited by physics, couldn’t have flooded the Earth, because of physics. Arrrrrggghhhh! My eye!

no evidence of a flood as we would find fossilized bones of water born animal every where when make foundations for tall buildings and in our own back yard as if we dug deep enough and on hills and mountains

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azolf:

Johnny, that’s the second time you’ve responded to the same post. Did I not provide you with enough material to denigrate?

You’ve got the whole concept of the New Testament backwards. Within 100 years after Jesus’ death the Christian religion spread by word of mouth alone. There was no “New Testament” at the beginning of Christianity!

You obviously don’t know anything about Biblical archeology or the history of Christian theology. You’re happy to just browbeat so called Christians because in the past they’ve generally been an easy target for your intellectual superiority. That doesn’t make you informed on the subject. It just makes you a bully.

1. I did not reply a 2nd time to the same post. Your either mistaking me and Jantonaitis as 1 person or which i believe to be more likely you can´t tell your stuff apart any more because its mostly just repeating bullshit.

2. I know a lot about Biblical Archeology. I have had this discussion repeatedly on Atheist and Religious Forums for 12 years now. Both with Theologians and real Historians (Christian and otherwise). So please source what you believe to be archaeological and i will take the time to educate you. If i sound like an Ass, then please note that i reserve this tone especially for people that are Troll level.

3. There is no law in Christianity against writing down scripture. We know that letters like those of Paul where written, so that different Christian enclaves could be Guided and Advised from afar. We know some of the Christians where recruited from those who could write. So claiming that the first 100 years was only mouth to mouth propaganda is just an excuse to cover for the weakness both within scripture and in the fact that there is a apparent time gap between Christianity showing up and the supposed life of Jesus.

Flag Post
Originally posted by doomteen17:
Originally posted by MyTie:
Originally posted by tenco1:as in order to flood the entire world, you would need more water than is on the planet.

That’s not true. If God used His omnipotence to flood the entire world, it wouldn’t take all the water that is on the world. I mean, if He is omnipotent, He could have just covered the entire Earth in a 1000 foot layer of water. He can force matter to not obey the laws of physics, so why is it that our arguments always try to contain Him within those laws? If He is contained in those laws, then He isn’t omnipotent, and He isn’t God. If that is the case, then argue that there is no God.

Arguments about how “a being not limited by Y (or anything else) couldn’t have done X because of the limitations of Y” always feel like a finger is poking me in the eye. God, not being limited by physics, couldn’t have flooded the Earth, because of physics. Arrrrrggghhhh! My eye!

no evidence of a flood as we would find fossilized bones of water born animal every where when make foundations for tall buildings and in our own back yard as if we dug deep enough and on hills and mountains

Hate to burst your bubble, but we do

About 15,000 feet up on Tibet’s desolate Himalayan-Tibetan Plateau, an international research team led by Florida State University geologist Yang Wang was surprised to find thick layers of ancient lake sediment filled with plant, fish and animal fossils typical of far lower elevations and warmer, wetter climates.

Not that this is proof of the biblical flood, 40 days is not long enough for the sediment build up and weight of dead organic matter found, however I thought I would just let you know that fish fossils do turn up on top of mountains

Flag Post

Not that this is proof of the biblical flood, 40 days is not long enough for the sediment build up and weight of dead organic matter found, however I thought I would just let you know that fish fossils do turn up on top of mountains.

yes thats from an really really old lake probably formed after ace age.

i was meaning their no evidence linked to a great flood which would mean all mountains and our back yards i think you miss understood that bit of my post

Flag Post
Originally posted by doomteen17:

Not that this is proof of the biblical flood, 40 days is not long enough for the sediment build up and weight of dead organic matter found, however I thought I would just let you know that fish fossils do turn up on top of mountains.

yes thats from an really really old lake probably formed after ace age.

i was meaning their no evidence linked to a great flood which would mean all mountains and our back yards i think you miss understood that bit of my post

No. Its because of continental drift. And it means that basically almost all mountains are likely to have ocean(not just lake) bottom fossils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4gMQ189NGM&feature=relmfu

Flag Post

You also have to bear in mind that most if not all mountain ranges formed on faultlines, when two plates collided. So, more often than not, they did indeed start off at or below sea level.

What will be telling is the extent of the fossilisation. You won’t just find 40 days worth of creatures, but several million years’ worth of chronological fossils and related traces. Indicating the land was underwater for many thousands of millennia before it rose up to the extent it did. A piece at a time.

Unless the ark sailed for a few million years, there is a chronological problem there.

Flag Post

Hey Johnny, I’ve done nothing to cultivate such animosity from you. Let’s agree to disagree, there is obviously no common ground between us. My peace returns to me, I pray the same for you. Kind regards.

Flag Post

The flat earth myth is a waning argument for anti-theists because it’s origins are not rooted in religion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azolf:

Hey Johnny, I’ve done nothing to cultivate such animosity from you. Let’s agree to disagree, there is obviously no common ground between us. My peace returns to me, I pray the same for you. Kind regards.

Sure you did. You’ve been misreading his posts from the beginning. He’s right to be frustrated.

Flag Post

This is the most stupid question I ever heard in thise times who would fake his death.