if there was another world war would you fight in it? page 9

227 posts

Flag Post

Who is to say there even will be a WWIII, from what I hear all the idiots who say there WILL be one are saying it will happen because of oil…but what’s stopping us from finding an alternative to oil, I mean we’re already in the processes of it, and the only other reason one will start is because there’s some type of stupid blood craving pchycopath born into the world again (that or maybe just greedy pchycopath in todays society) but I personally wouldn’t fight, or for me to fight they need a real good cause.

Flag Post

What’s the meaning of war? More or less, such is a manifestation of external conflict between two or more parties of opposing views. The resolution to war itself, however, results from war also. I would WANT to fight in a war, but it is not in the context of enjoyment- rather: morally justified obligations of a paramount level. I don’t see war as a good thing per se, but instead as a concomitant to life anyway. To wholly embrace life, therefore, is to at least partially accept warfare and bloodshed. Through the mediator of such, I am tempted to say that although there are cons to fighting like depicted, when it starts, one should feel and express the conviction to commit one’s greatest efforts to participating in order to eliminate distress/suffering.

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

What’s the meaning of war? More or less, such is a manifestation of external conflict between two or more parties of opposing views. The resolution to war itself, however, results from war also. I would WANT to fight in a war, but it is not in the context of enjoyment- rather: morally justified obligations of a paramount level. I don’t see war as a good thing per se, but instead as a concomitant to life anyway. To wholly embrace life, therefore, is to at least partially accept warfare and bloodshed. Through the mediator of such, I am tempted to say that although there are cons to fighting like depicted, when it starts, one should feel and express the conviction to commit one’s greatest efforts to participating in order to eliminate distress/suffering.

What political leaning did you say you were? You sound like a conservative and a patriotic one to boot. Nice post.

Flag Post

I’d probably take up an economic or administrative role, or any job on the sideline. I’m not strong, my physical features are rather weak (so I’d fail the test as a soldier any way), and I do not prefer to die on the battlefield.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

What political leaning did you say you were? You sound like a conservative and a patriotic one to boot. Nice post.

Thank you for the accolades! However, I do not presently, nor have I ever, resided in the US under policies of permanent/at least lasting tenure. Although there is a Conservative party in Canada- where I currently live- and that is the political leaning of which I’ve decided to dogmatically espouse, I am not certain as to whether or not I would adopt the stance in question because of ambiguity. Was such the intended target of your inquiry or was it mere coincidence (more than 1 Conservative party context)?

Flag Post

I’m no patriot, and I know that a miltary life is unlikely to be a nice one. I’d likely just try to stay out of the way and make the best out of whatever I can do, really. And if it came to it and I was required to fight, via conscription or violence against non-solders (Me, in this scenario.), I would not fight for any country. I would fight only to preserve myself.

Flag Post

When WW3 comes I will fight on the right side. whichever one it is. not the most powerfull or the most likely to win but the one who should win.

Flag Post

As for the won’t be a world war 3 point of view. It is a rediculous notion. China is building up its military, Iran is building a nuke, the middle east is in turmoil. War will come and it will be ugly. I don’t know when or where it will happen but i know that it will.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jaconater:

When WW3 comes I will fight on the right side. whichever one it is. not the most powerfull or the most likely to win but the one who should win.

War does not decide who is right. It decides who is left. What makes you so certain you will pick the “Right” side, even if there is one to pick?

Flag Post

War does not decide who is right. It decides who is left. What makes you so certain you will pick the “Right” side, even if there is one to pick?

This is about personal decisions, not about what “war decides” or anything similar. The right side is the one you agree with most or feel should be the victor (I refrain from using the word “winner”). That usually is your own country, but many people opt to side with the invader if they are much stronger.

Flag Post

nope.

i wouldnt join and if i was forced , id take a job where i wont get killed.
dont care about patriotism and all that whiteknight bravery nonsense.

dont care about others issues

dont care about “my” country.
people with radical alignments should sort there stuff out and leave others alone

Flag Post
Originally posted by peanutking9:

it depends how big the world war is … stupid question but if it was litterally the whole world i thgink i would have to evn thou i hate wars.

what do u guys think

HELL NO! I would take a boat to Alaska and hide.

Flag Post

based on our human survival instincts(when you are not being a pretentious hero)
we all would look only out for ourselves. so why go against that part of our nature?

Flag Post

No, if there where to be chaos, there will be more people helping each other than people helping themselves.

Flag Post

A WWIII might be possible if the US invades IRAN. Russia and China do back up Iran, but the question is if it would be worth it to attack US if the US attacks Iran.

Flag Post

Depends on if my contry is involved or not.
I am the stubborn kind of person who can stand against odds.
There is noi glory in death, unless ofcourse its a hero’s death.

Flag Post

This would fit well in the OT forum. I would stay out of the combat thing, but I might just end up getting blown to crap like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DmageGore:

This would fit well in the OT forum. I would stay out of the combat thing, but I might just end up getting blown to crap like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

you’re kinda right.
1. crack knuckles
2. crash-course in networking in three days or so.
3. help spam propoganda I agree with. Or shut down enemy servers.
Yeah.

Flag Post

We’d probably be vaporized before enlisting. xD
The new world war would probably be with nuclear bombs and other biological, chemical, and WMD’s.

Flag Post

yes.
i would fight in honor of my country until im dead
unless we are outnumbered of course. (by something close to 1:10)

Flag Post

No, I want to be a scientist, so I could create weapons for soldiers. Agree?

Flag Post
Originally posted by epicdude3:

No, you have to be a weapons contractor to do that. Think “Tony Stark”.

Flag Post

This is how I imagine WWIII:

“The Great War started and ended on Saturday, October 23, 2077 when nuclear weapons were launched by all the nuclear-capable nations of the Fallout world (mainly from the United States, China and the USSR). The exchange lasted for approximately two hours, according to most survivors’ accounts. Once the last atomic bomb and nuclear warhead had fallen, the world fell into the deep darkness of a nuclear holocaust. " -From the video game Fallout

Flag Post
Originally posted by PatriotSaint:

Dude, Albert Einstien created the nuclear bomb. And he was a scientist. Geez!

Flag Post
Originally posted by PatriotSaint:

Dude, Albert Einstien created the nuclear bomb. And he was a scientist. Geez!

Oh yeah, just Einstein. It’s always just Einstein.