If you were homeless, would you put yourself in jail? page 2

100 posts

Flag Post

So… You first say there were no personal attacks, and now you say there were? I simply used your previous actions as a judge of your character.

listen, it sounds like you think you’re a smart person, so i’ll keep acting like you are.

That qualifies as a flame by insulting my intelligence.

And Darth, it wasn’t you getting banned that made me beleive that you couldn’t tell yourself flaming from disagreeing, it was your arguements with Arcanecoder while you were posting as Bacon.

To talk to Matt…

here, youre suggesting that if he can’t readjust, he could simply do what he did before. i.e. he could readjust. i hope you see why this is ridiculous

No, I said he could live alone at his house, doing work that didn’t require personal interaction. That is quite a bit different form living with people and working in the army. If you owned a house beforehand, you still own it and you can still live in it.

here you’re begging the question. you’re trying (for whatever reason) to argue that a veteran who is incapable of readjusting to his old life could keep his house unless he chose to lose it, and you’re doing so by assuming that a veteran who is incapable of readjusting to his old life would only become homeless if he chose to lose his house. you’d get kicked off the debate team for that one.

Lets see… If you own something, you have to choose to give it up, do you not? I am assuming he owns the house, not that he is renting it. Even if he makes no money, he would still have a house. Also, to bring up 2 points you might decide to make on this: There is not property tax everywhere, and this debate is about him going homeless, not going hungry.

this is correct, but has no bearing over the discussion, since the assertion wasn’t that being incapable of being around people necessarily leads to homelessness, it was that some people, like veterans, who may for whatever reason be incapable of readjusting to their lives after service, could become homeless because of this inability to readjust. this doesn’t even suggest that all veterans who can’t readjust to their lives would become homeless, just that some subset of incapable veterans would be too incapable to stay in their homes. you could have 99% of all veterans who are incapable of readjusting to their lives still living in a home, and his statement would still be fine. so i guess this part was a red herring.

So in other words you are proving that, since you admit that people who can’t readjust to people can still live in there house, somebody would have to voluntarily give up there house, which proves my point. For something earlier in your post, even if you can’t deal with people you can still have jobs, there are internet based jobs and manual labor jobs that don’t necessarily involve people.

Flag Post

So… You first say there were no personal attacks, and now you say there were? I simply used your previous actions as a judge of your character.

When did I at first say there were no personal attacks? You can flame without personal attacks. I simply said it looked more like a disagreement.

That qualifies as a flame by insulting my intelligence.

No actually it doesn’t. He was talking about your stuck up attitude which sucks. You can still be a smart person and think your a smart person. In fact I think most smart people are smart enough to figure that out. Not you though.

And Darth, it wasn’t you getting banned that made me beleive that you couldn’t tell yourself flaming from disagreeing, it was your arguements with Arcanecoder while you were posting as Bacon.

I feel what I said was completely correct, regardless of what anyone feels about my personality; and I dont see anything that I said merits an attack on my person. (stole that last part from arcanecoder :P)

Flag Post

It was an attack on your judgement about what is a flame and what is a disagreement. It wasn’t out of line because it was directly related to one of the things you said in this thread. Also, you just did flame me. Even holding the fact that he was saying that I “thought I was a smart person even though I really am a smart person” which would make that completly meaningless, and even if you don’t come to the conclusion that I did after he “broke it down for me” and talked in a way clearly showing that he thought I was done, you just said directly “most smart people are smart enough to figure that out. Not you though.” Which is a direct flame to my intelligence. And if you deny that it is a flame to my intelligence, which you probably will, then that would also nicely prove my point that you can’t tell the difference between a disagreement and a flame.

Flag Post

It was an attack on your judgement about what is a flame and what is a disagreement. It wasn’t out of line because it was directly related to one of the things you said in this thread.

How is something I said in another thread directly related to this? If that was true you could just go around saying I don’t know anything about disagreements whenever you wanted.

Which is a direct flame to my intelligence. And if you deny that it is a flame to my intelligence, which you probably will, then that would also nicely prove my point that you can’t tell the difference between a disagreement and a flame.

I won’t. In fact I knew very well what I was saying when I typed that in, you don’t. Hell if anything I just called you smart. All I said was you were smart, just not smart enough to find that out. If being called smart is a flame on your intelligence I would be more than happy to stop. Because you decided to start the personal attacks I decided to finish them. Consider it retribution for what you said, in other words… now were even. Remember when I said this???

I suggest you keep the personal attacks out of this and contribute to the conversation in a nice friendly manner or someone might return your comments with the same undertone of anger you appear to enjoy posting with.

Ohhhhh and BTW that is a flame on me, you said it yourself.

It was an attack on your judgement about what is a flame and what is a disagreement.

All you did was sugar coat it. Your still telling me I am arrogant and ignorant when it comes to these issues.

Now can we please get back on topic before this gets locked?

Flag Post

How is something I said in another thread directly related to this? If that was true you could just go around saying I don’t know anything about disagreements whenever you wanted.

It would not be directly related to this thread if you had not said that I couldn’t tell the difference between a disagreement and a flame. I brought up the point that you can’t seem to tell the difference either. You think I am too sensitive to things being flames, however I beleive that you just think that nothing short of posting a reply filled only with insults is a flame (not that bad, but it seems to be close with you).

I won’t. In fact I knew very well what I was saying when I typed that in. Because you decided to start the personal attacks I decided to finish them. Consider it retribution for what you said in other words… now were even. Remember when I said this??

The only thing I posted close to a personal attack was telling you your judgement was flawed with good reason. Just because I brought up your ban to prove your judgement on where the line between flaming and disagreement is doesn’t mean it was personal. I get you could take it badly, but it is hardly “even” with you telling me I am unintelligent because I didn’t consider the fact that Matt, a person who dislikes me and beleives my opinion to be completly wrong, would call me intelligent and then make a random add-on to his post saying I thought I was intelligent. That isn’t a likely scenario at all, and you would hardly consider something like that in the same situation.

_I suggest you keep the personal attacks out of this and contribute to the conversation in a nice friendly manner or someone might return your comments with the same undertone of anger you appear to enjoy posting with.

Ohhhhh and BTW that is a flame on me, you said it yourself._

Uhh… When did I ever post that?

All you did was sugar coat it. Your still telling me I am arrogant and ignorant when it comes to these issues.

No, I never said you were arrogant or ignorant. I have stated that your judgement on what is a flame and what is a simple disagreement is flawed. I have not stated anything to say you are ignorant or arrogant.

Flag Post

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA….

American arrogant idiots…

NaderBoy, weren’t you “leaving Kongregate forever”??? Hmm… “a bit tad hypocritical”…

Flag Post

Vogon, insulting Americain’s really isn’t the way to go, especially if you don’t even know if we are from America. And wouldn’t it be a “tad bit hipocritical” not a “bit tad hypocritical”? ;)

Flag Post

It would not be directly related to this thread if you had not said that I couldn’t tell the difference between a disagreement and a flame. I brought up the point that you can’t seem to tell the difference either.

So in other words I am never allowed to analyze an argument without ever having that incident spat in my face?

The only thing I posted close to a personal attack was telling you your judgement was flawed with good reason. Just because I brought up your ban to prove your judgement on where the line between flaming and disagreement is doesn’t mean it was personal. I get you could take it badly, but it is hardly “even” with you telling me I am unintelligent because I didn’t consider the fact that Matt, a person who dislikes me and beleives my opinion to be completly wrong, would call me intelligent and then make a random add-on to his post saying I thought I was intelligent. That isn’t a likely scenario at all, and you would hardly consider something like that in the same situation.

Wrong in 3 ways.

1. If you get something can be taken badly assume that it will and don’t say it.

2. I think I stressed that I never called you “unintelligent” with this.

All I said was you were smart, just not smart enough to find that out. If being called smart is a flame on your intelligence I would be more than happy to stop.

3. Why do you assume Matt hates you? Hell even if he did make a personal attack (which he didn’t) that doesn’t mean he hates you. You can disagree with someone without hating them. I think your holding a false grudge against him because you for some reason think he might have one against you.

Uhh… When did I ever post that?

You never did, In fact that’s why I said “Remember when I said this???” right obove it, thank you for taking it out of context.

No, I never said you were arrogant or ignorant.

No that’s why I said you sugar coated it. Telling me I am wrong for posting something would mean that when you get down to it. In fact this is the absolutely same argument I had awhile back that you think I have no right for saying what I said for. Funny thing is you are on the same side of the disagreement I was back then. So according to your own logic you know nothing about what is a flame and what isn’t.

When you make mistakes like that it sure makes me wonder why someone would question your inteligence, even if the only questioning happened in your own mind.

Ohhhh and Vogon

NaderBoy, weren’t you “leaving Kongregate forever”??? Hmm… “a bit tad hypocritical”…

If you would have read the first post in that thread I said I wouldn’t be coming back if something wasn’t done about the problem. Well something was. So no not hypocritical and if you really were on my side of the argument there in that thread (which I don’t think you were, you were just there because you didn’t like arcane) You would have learned by now that, that can be misconstrued as a personal attack.

And

American arrogant idiots…

Is a persoanl attack on more than one person, not that anyone cares.

Also I take it this topic is going to be locked and we may never be able to get back on topic because you wont let this go.

Flag Post

So in other words I am never allowed to analyze an argument without ever having that incident spat in my face?

It isn’t that incident, it is your character in general. The ban just happens to be the best way to sum it up: You think that flaming people is a disagreement, not a flame, and you argued and argued with flames sprinkled until you got banned. If I wanted to look through other threads, namely the VWbus remembrence thread, I could find other examples, but as I said, the ban is easier. And it is fair game. If you say I can’t judge flames,when you are famous for taking things way too far and claiming it wasn’t a flame, then it is hardly reliable.

Wrong in 3 ways.

1. If you get something can be taken badly assume that it will and don’t say it.

Uhh… That is what I did. I assumed he said that I was unintelligent. You expect me to not act on that?

_2. I think I stressed that I never called you “unintelligent” with this.

All I said was you were smart, just not smart enough to find that out. If being called smart is a flame on your intelligence I would be more than happy to stop._

You said that smart people could figure it out, but I wasn’t smart enough to figure it out. I am supposed to assume that was calling me smart?

3. Why do you assume Matt hates you? Hell even if he did make a personal attack (which he didn’t) that doesn’t mean he hates you. You can disagree with someone without hating them.

I said he dislikes me, not hates me. And from his responses to me in this and other threads, he dislikes me. If he was simply disagreeing he would be like Phoenix and post why he though I was wrong without slipping in the remarks that I wasn’t intelligent.

No that’s why I said you sugar coated it. Telling me I am wrong for posting something would mean that when you get down to it.

No, it simply means that I beleive you to be wrong, not arrogant or ignorant. You can be wrong or have a (radically) different view on what is a flame and what is not without being arrogant or ignorant. If every disagreement was supposed to mean that everybody was arrogant and ignorant, the serious discussion forums would be more hostile than they already are.

In fact this is the absolutely same argument I had awhile back that you think I have no right for saying what I said for. Funny thing is you are on the same side of the disagreement I was back then. So according to your own logic you know nothing about what is a flame and what isn’t.

Could you post the arguement? Because as far as I know, I haven’t ever had a relevant “incident” posted by you when I said you were wrong. I hardly remember arguing with you at all. You sure this wasn’t one of your arguements with Arcane?

Flag Post

Lets keep the on topic stuff and ditch the personal stuff. Take that to profiles if there’s something to resolve.

Thanks much.

Flag Post

Thank you arcane. The following stuff has no disagreements, I’m just going to show mils what I meant earlier by reiterating myself so no one gets confused. No disagreements are in it.

Uhh… That is what I did. I assumed he said that I was unintelligent. You expect me to not act on that?

Your referring to a completely different incident. in your post it was addressed to me were you were saying I had “flawed judgment” and how you were saying that could be taken the wrong way. I said if something like that could have someone take offence to it, assume it will and don’t say it. It wasn’t about matt. Sorry for the confusion.

You said that smart people could figure it out, but I wasn’t smart enough to figure it out. I am supposed to assume that was calling me smart?

I said smart people smart enough to figure it out.

Could you post the argument? Because as far as I know, I haven’t ever had a relevant “incident” posted by you when I said you were wrong. I hardly remember arguing with you at all. You sure this wasn’t one of your arguments with Arcane?

I never said I had an argument with you about this topic. Just that I have had this argument before, the one you have referred to, and you have assumed the side of the argument I assumed awhile back (irony). So yes I am sure this is one of the arguments I had with arcane.

There, no disagreements just making myself clearer from earlier, please don’t take any offence.

On topic: I don’t see what war vets have to do with homeless people putting themselves in jail but I guess if I was a vet and homeless I would do it because I would become alpha dog in the prison. With my military training and experience I could kill anyone with a rusty spoon.

Flag Post

For your points.

Point 1: Ok.

Point 2: Eh. Still annoying, but I can’t act on it.

Point 3: The probability is extremely high he was calling me unintelligent, and extremely low he was saying I was arrogant about myself being smart, considering the context.

Point 4: Uh, the debate where you were bacon? The two things I mentioned were that if you were referring to argueing about a mod you still didn’t get the very reason you were banned, and that you tended to be the person that annoyed others. I never posted anything about you posting incidents about me or other people, unless you mean the general agreeing with the ban that started with you calling phatcat a hipocrite.

And now, lets consider the incident dropped.

Flag Post

And now, lets consider the incident dropped.

Although there is more to say dropped

Flag Post

If I were homeless I wouldn’t put myself in jail. Going to jail means I would give up my hope for ever succeeding(as in getting off the streets), I would cling on to the small hope I would have left. That’s just my perspective.

Flag Post

So we agree to disagree now?

Anyway, what is your stance on the actual topic Darth? Personally, if I was homeless (unlikely, but you never know) I would probably commit theft to get jail time. I would make sure I get caught, and nobody really loses out.

Flag Post

On topic: I don’t see what war vets have to do with homeless people putting themselves in jail but I guess if I was a vet and homeless I would do it because I would become alpha dog in the prison. With my military training and experience I could kill anyone with a rusty spoon.

Thats my stance, but yeah I would keep commiting theft untill I get cought. You never know I could eventualy steal enough money to buy a house. Thus no more *home*lessness

Flag Post

I don’t think anybody could actually steal enough money to buy a house… But keep clinging to the American dream, where everybody can afford a house doing whatever kind of work they want!

Flag Post

Wow. I actually read all that :D

Flag Post

Your point is? You read what would have roughly totalled up to maybe 6 pages of writing in a Harry Potter book. Should that impress us?

Flag Post

no, but reading 6 pages of flamewar does make me tire me out more then 6 pages of harry potter xD
maybe.

Flag Post

Your point is? You read what would have roughly totalled up to maybe 6 pages of writing in a Harry Potter book. Should that impress us?

Harry Potter is meant to entertain. This isn’t.

Flag Post

These forums are meant to entertain. For me, debating is fairly fun. It may not be fun for you two, but it can be fun for some people.

Flag Post

.. “debating” o.O
meh, I simply made a statement I didn’t ask for people to be impressed.

Flag Post

If you make a statement other people can and will respond to it. People don’t tend to like people making random statements in the middle of threads with no bearing on anything else said in the thread.

Flag Post

I would do something stupid and hope for a long sentence. You get free food, and a place to stay. As long as you stay out of peoples way, you would be fine.