If you were homeless, would you put yourself in jail? page 3

100 posts

Flag Post

Being homeless ain’t easy. Welfare and soup kitchens for the poor aren’t exactly the norm out here, and there are plenty of other people who have a home yet live in poverty so if you think you’re gonna be dumpster diving, selling recyclables, or begging to make a living, it’s a real long shot. Getting incarcerated once in a while when things get really desperate may not be a bad idea.

By the way, wasn’t there a webpage a couple years back about this bum in USA somewhere who spent more time in jail than out? Henry or Earl or something. The webpage had a counter with an hourly update of where the guy was, and what his latest stunt was that landed him back behind bars (most of it drunk and disorderly conduct I think).

Flag Post

i went to jail!

Flag Post

Nobody mentioned O’Henry’s short story?

Flag Post

well, i that deppends, if i WAS i homeless, i’m pretty surely turn myself in, better than living on the streets.

but then again, if i was a normal person, i’l probaly say that the jail is made for law breakers, and homeless should just go by.

Flag Post

Honestly being homeless is horrific. You wander the streets scavenging and living on the streets.weak economy. in my country everyday beggars keep on asking for food especially those children. It’s kind of annoying. Jail is better. Free food, shelter and etc. It depends really. You can get into trouble in jail and you could possibly could be hurt.

Flag Post

jail is better than being homeless but I think that the homeless people should go to a rehabilitation center rather than prison

Flag Post

Bq. You wander the streets scavenging and living on the streets.
Knight_34, I think you’re mistaken about the stereotype of homeless people.

Homeless doesn’t necessarily mean panhandler or a wanderer downtown. When I “lived” in Tent City, (the location of this lovely place will not be revealed), I learned that homeless means exactly that. Those without a stable sheltered home are called homeless. More than half the people I met there would not be caught and thrown in jail. Unlike the young adults with backpacks and signs that says “plz give me money” in the suburbs, these people have pride, enough that they will not beg or be reduced to criminals. They may work in factories or really menial jobs, but they will not rob other people. It’s something that I respect them for.

If I was homeless, I would not put myself into jail. I am not a criminal, why would I do wrong just because of the way this society is set up? If anything, I should stand up against the society that put me there, not follow it and be put where they want me to go.

Flag Post
If I was homeless, I would not put myself into jail. I am not a criminal, why would I do wrong just because of the way this society is set up? If anything, I should stand up against the society that put me there, not follow it and be put where they want me to go.

Well, what if it wasn’t society that put you there. What if your parents threw you out because your too lazy to get a job and they are sick of the sight of you sitting around the house doing nothing; leeching from them.

Although, that is unless you count your parents as society.
Uhh….

Flag Post

Also……

jail is better than being homeless but I think that the homeless people should go to a rehabilitation center rather than prison

The are homeless, not necessarily drug abusers or alcoholics. How is rehab going to help?

Flag Post

I would go to jail so that way i could have a free meal, shelter, clothes, and a bed.

Flag Post

Certain societal models (note the keyword, model) will have no place for the homeless. For example, in a totalitarian state in which the state governs your life, down to every detail, you will be living in a place where they tell you, doing a job that they gave you. Also, in this society, your parents cannot throw you out until a certain age, by which time you are assumed by the society to be able to make a living.

PS: edit your post instead of double posting, silky!

Flag Post

Man, they got gangster inside that building… they can crush you in seconds…

you can choise your cell, if it’s a overloaded cell? with 30 people inside 0.o

it’s not that good your idea… Don’t you watch Law & Order??

Flag Post

As a tangent:

One in every one hundred Americans is in jail. One percent (1%) of Americans are in jail. That is an insanely high number.

Source: NY Times

Flag Post

I don’t think I would ever put myself in jail cause no matter what you still have to pay for being in jail my friends dad was in jail for like 2 years then when he got out he had to pay about $300.00 plus if you were homeless you could’t even pay for it.

Flag Post

Thats what homeless shelters are for am I right I mean would it be worth it.Just think what if there was a jail break and this killer got out of his cell and killed you would it be worth it I would rather be in a mental hospital cause in your own cell by yourself .It’s better to be by yourself in a cell then in jail were you bunk with a gay lover just think about it.

Flag Post

Thats what I always figured I would do if I end up homeless but lets face it if every homeless person in America committed a crime to prevent becoming homeless then our prisons would be over run with people that aren’t all that bad. Not to mention it would be even harder to get a job when they got out. They are either afraid, pride filled, or responsible.

Flag Post

Have anyone mentioned that many homeless actually WANT to be homeless?

Flag Post

well i guess i would say they should just go to jail, they get meals every day, they can earn money (got that off on game on kong), and they have applyances like beds and toilets

Flag Post

wow, what a bump

i wouldn’t put myself in jail in america, your prison system is horrendous

somewhere like austria…maybe

Flag Post

For all those who keep saying they would go to jail for the meals, bed, and a chance to earn money?

Welcome to Job Corps.

Of course, assuming your ages 16 through 24…

Flag Post

If I were homeless, I think I’d be doing everything I could to stay out of jail. I think its more life affirming to attempt to make it on your own despite your situation. To stand on your own two feet, face the world and never give up, than get myself arrested just so i can live off the government in some box on the edge of some city! Surely if you are homeless, you have the chance to do whatever you want to do, your way, screw society, screw politics, screw laws. If the world put you there, then you have the right to do whatever you need to to survive. If it were me i think i’d travel the world, illegally cross borders and see the natural world away from the disease of humanity.

Flag Post

if you are homeless, you have the chance to do whatever you want to do

errr they could choose to do what they wanted and they chose to live on the street?

screw society, screw politics, screw laws

Anarchy is easy to preach while your sat in a nice warm room. Try it once you have your way and electricity, water and all power are gone.

illegally cross borders and see the natural world away from the disease of humanity.

People did that centuries ago, they were called explorers, they died of diseases and extreme weather.

EDIT: Plus if you were homeless you’d have no TV

Flag Post

i absolutely would put myself in jail if it was my last option

Flag Post

Sure, I would go to jail. NOT.

http://oraculations.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/drop%20the%20soap-739194.jpg

http://www.kareemblack.com/images/celebrity/WWE_big%20black%20guy%20for%20site.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/KgBT8kIRgBo/SKEcU3zJ2I/AAAAAAAADA0/T8mqT4YsUuo/s320/Sydnor.jpg

Flag Post

That man has a cross around his neck. And sense everyone who wears a cross/has a cross tattoo is moral, he is no threat.