America- Peace Keeping or Ruling The World page 4

104 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jabor:

The “National Assembly” is roughly equivalent to “Congress”, in that they’re elected.

Democratically elected representatives appointing a leader … isn’t that what happens in America?

Thanks for the information I didn’t need. I’d rather have some sources that convince me that the Assembly actually is democratically elected.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BnBn:

The “National Assembly” is roughly equivalent to “Congress”, in that they’re elected.

Democratically elected representatives appointing a leader … isn’t that what happens in America?

Thanks for the information I didn’t need. I’d rather have some sources that convince me that the Assembly actually is democratically elected.

I know how you feel, I’ve been looking for evidence that congress isn’t rigged myself.

Flag Post

Yea, but i said isn’t

Well its hard, unless you skew the picture and close your eyes.

Flag Post

Your first point is pretty strange. “Needs to feed an army”? That would be easier if they were, you know, working civilian jobs.
What sources do you have?

Ok, I’ve painted a simplistic picture. You really think its easier for the government to down size its army? No, its easier to justify the size of the army BY making its existence necessary. By taking the role of a world police. Thats feeding the army, apart from whatever spoils of war.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BnBn:

Funny that mister bullshit claim is asking for evidence. Here, learn how it works.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vanguarde2:
Originally posted by Jonny666:

I am from the UK and have many views on this. I beleive America do peace keep but also do rule the world. An example is they go into Iraq which were being ruled by a dictator (bearing mind Iraq has valuable oil) and fight a war, but Zimbabwe is the same thing without any oil, no action has been taken. Also when China killed thousands of Tibettan monks they also did nothing. Despite this America also do fight a lot of wars for the good of the world. Which side do you agree with ?

Discuss

I agree with the fact that if the USA wanted to, it could destroy the UK.

the US would never destroy the UK, it goes against all morals the US stands for. Killing innocents, attacking allies, and the fact that its killing its founder, it would never.

Flag Post

I am from the UK and have many views on this. I beleive America do peace keep but also do rule the world. An example is they go into Iraq which were being ruled by a dictator (bearing mind Iraq has valuable oil) and fight a war, but Zimbabwe is the same thing without any oil, no action has been taken. Also when China killed thousands of Tibettan monks they also did nothing. Despite this America also do fight a lot of wars for the good of the world. Which side do you agree with ?

Discuss

the US would never destroy the UK, it goes against all morals the US stands for. Killing innocents, attacking allies, and the fact that its killing its founder, it would never.

and, no it wouldent, for defence most of the US’s defence systems exist in the UK so their not easy to take out, therefore if they attacked the UK, we could block it with our own defence, we send missles over to the US with hardly any defence and you would get crushed, and we would have the whole of europe on our side.

Flag Post

I’m not sure when the fear of killing innocents ever really stopped us from going to war. The big reason here would be the long term alliance thing.

Flag Post

what america is trying to achiev, is to wake up conflicts between country’s who are rich in oil… financial crysis is the fault of bush and he’s guys by sending soldiers to other lands… meaning alot of money is going to tho them more damage to the army means more infantry power more supplies more weapons AND MORE MONEY. so i don’t see what good fighting america is doing.

Flag Post

America- Peace Keeping or Ruling The World

Neither?

Flag Post

Dctaco12 asked if we’d rather a nation ruled by greed and corporations instead of the people.

Hey, taco, it already is run by G&Cs.
And Jonny666, I totally agree with you. I live in America and have one other thing to say – I supported Obama. Note support – ed, past tense. Where is the withdrawal from Iraq? Where’s health care for all? I know it’s too soon to tell but no action has been taken on ANYTHING he promised us. Where’s change? Maybe he changes his underwear, but I doubt even that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dragomir1313:

Dctaco12 asked if we’d rather a nation ruled by greed and corporations instead of the people.

Hey, taco, it already is run by G&Cs.
And Jonny666, I totally agree with you. I live in America and have one other thing to say – I supported Obama. Note support – ed, past tense. Where is the withdrawal from Iraq? Where’s health care for all? I know it’s too soon to tell but no action has been taken on ANYTHING he promised us. Where’s change? Maybe he changes his underwear, but I doubt even that.

He hasn’t been President for a year yet. Mostly, he have been busy dealing with all the bullshit Bush left him with… You know; the financial crisis, a catastrophic enviroment policy and a failed Iraq invasion? The man is having one of the hardest jobs on Earth, and he has sky-high expectations and pressure on him. I would like to see you, me, or even Bush in this situation.

Flag Post

^ agree. Give him more time…. He’ll do more good than bush and just maybe…. repair the damages done

Flag Post

I supported Obama. Note support – ed, past tense. Where is the withdrawal from Iraq? Where’s health care for all? I know it’s too soon to tell but no action has been taken on ANYTHING he promised us.

Do you not watch the news or something? He’s taken steps towards achieving both of these things:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/05/iraq.withdrawal/index.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/21/healthcare-congress-obama

You honestly expected him to completely withdraw all the troops from Iraq and revolutionise the American healthcare system within 6 months of being elected? It’s no wonder you’re disappointed.

Flag Post

Discuss

I am saying by a pure military confrontation, the USA would defeat the UK in conventional warfare. ( No nukes ) I know that the chances of us attacking the UK are very remote. I am just saying military vs. military the USA would win in a very bloody war.

I doubt that very much.
Firstly, we would have most of Europe on our side, as well as countries from various groups such as the commonwealth. You’re looking at this in a similar way that Hitler looked at WWII. He didn’t expect so many allies to attack him, especially the UK.

Flag Post
Originally posted by traxter:

Discuss

I am saying by a pure military confrontation, the USA would defeat the UK in conventional warfare. ( No nukes ) I know that the chances of us attacking the UK are very remote. I am just saying military vs. military the USA would win in a very bloody war.

I doubt that very much.
Firstly, we would have most of Europe on our side, as well as countries from various groups such as the commonwealth. You’re looking at this in a similar way that Hitler looked at WWII. He didn’t expect so many allies to attack him, especially the UK.

Are you paying attention? Europe is a military pygmy compared to the US.

Flag Post
Originally posted by traxter:

Discuss

I doubt that very much.

America has allies too you you know. Most, if not alll, of the UK’s allies are shared with the USA, and would be forced to choose a side.

Flag Post

Are you paying attention? Europe is a military pygmy compared to the US.

Uh, actually a combined European army would have about twice as many soldiers and tanks as the US, and about the same number of aircraft.

Flag Post

Flag Post

So you’re assuming that the United States has the most effective military in the world because they spend the most money on it?

Flag Post

It’s not like the claim lacks merit.

Flag Post

No, it’s not. But, do you think that the United States has anything close to the most cost effective military in the world?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Solidus:

No, it’s not. But, do you think that the United States has anything close to the most cost effective military in the world?

I want to see a graph of what our military is spending that immense amount of money on.

Flag Post

I said the USA vs. the UK. NO ALLIES.

Vacuum comparisons are essentially meaningless.

Flag Post

Yep they are trying to dominate some of the worlds most fruitful reasons. In Iraq they are even dictating what crops are grown.