Why do the liberal Democrats want to take guns away from Americans? page 222

5861 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:
Originally posted by tenco1:

Yes Bobneson, we are supposed to give up our guns and when only the criminal has them we can always resort to begging for our and our familiy’s lives. We should never offer resistance and if we do try to fend off the bad guy, we must be careful not to hurt him…the poor thing.

You’re doing that just to cope, right?

… Right?

Yes, I’m trying to cope with the total lack of common sense when it comes to gun bans.

Maybe it’s time for some overveiws on this issue:
Background for the division
A good history of the 2nd Amendment
A shorter version of an explanation of the debate of guns

The actual 2nd Amend:

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NOW, what part of the “lefties’” position on REGULATION of “guns” is NOT understood in that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

What ‘arms’ should be banned?
Why should rocket launchers be banned? They’re technically ‘arms’ aren’t they?

Jhco’s usual position when that is asked is “nobody would want a rocket launcher”. His argument is allow them, but nobody will purchase one.

Flawed, I know.

Flag Post

Tanks are also ‘arms’. Who wants to bet an al-Qaeda member wouldn’t want a piece of that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Maybe it’s time for some overveiws on this issue:
Background for the division
A good history of the 2nd Amendment
A shorter version of an explanation of the debate of guns

The actual 2nd Amend:

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NOW, what part of the “lefties’” position on REGULATION of “guns” is NOT understood in that?

As much as we but heads Karma, those were interesting links and I enjoyed reading them. Thanks for posting them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Tanks are also ‘arms’. Who wants to bet an al-Qaeda member wouldn’t want a piece of that?

Well, it is actually legal in the US for a civilian to own a tank. Very expensive and a fair few hoops to jump through, but legal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Well, it is actually legal in the US for a civilian to own a tank. Very expensive and a fair few hoops to jump through, but legal.

Well… Fuck.

Flag Post

I want a tank!

Flag Post

Second amendment was created to allow a second revolution to commence in the event that the government became oppressive. In the social environment we have today, something like that simply couldn’t happen, realistically. We really should have it removed.

Flag Post

Never challenge worse, never challenge worse.

Flag Post

Second amendment was created to allow a second revolution to commence in the event that the government became oppressive. In the social environment we have today, something like that simply couldn’t happen, realistically. We really should have it removed.

In this political environment, the 2nd amendment is especially needed. There are a lot of vets out there and Obama has all but turned his back on them. In fact, he considers them terrorist threats because of their training and the problems they are bringing back with them. Problems he caused by tour after tour after tour in the war zones. Eventually, he may have to worry about them.

Flag Post

In this political environment, the 2nd amendment is especially needed. There are a lot of vets out there and Obama has all but turned his back on them. In fact, he considers them terrorist threats because of their training and the problems they are bringing back with them. Problems he caused by tour after tour after tour in the war zones. Eventually, he may have to worry about them.

So you are saying that a Civil War against your fellow man would be acceptable because you’re unhappy with your democratically elected president?

Flag Post

This is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

So you are saying that a Civil War against your fellow man would be acceptable because you’re unhappy with your democratically elected president?

What I am saying is…our government has gotten out of control. Washington is not supposed to be telling the states what to do through mandates. Washington is grabbing as much of the economy as it can. Healthcare, industries, etc. Just recently they tried to grab water rights locally, against all laws in this state and federally. It is in court now. The only way our people can regain control may be violence. the only voice we really have at this moment is our vote and they are playing with that.

Flag Post

My God, but you’re crazy.

Here. You. Go.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

My God, but you’re crazy.

Here. You. Go.

Perhaps “crazy” isn’t quite accurate,,,,
or, maybe it’s even being quite “generous” of an assessment.
What I do see is that those who espouse such ideology AND do have seriousl “fire power” just might be a great “liabililty” to the very Constitution they so boldly, lovingly, so definanltly hold to be so dear.

Frankly stated: wachos w/ guns can be either good or bad. Good isn’t really a “problem”…now is it? IT’S THE BAD THAT IS THE PITS. We really aren’t talking about “good ppl” having guns…are we? It’s when guns are in the hands of “the bad”—regardless of legal, moral, etc. status—that some seriously bad shit goes down.

Please, tell me where to obtain a full-body condom in case that shit jake-o says is communicable. I’m crazy. BUT, that is some utter bat-shit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:

Is it street-legal though? Or will it just have to sit in my yard looking cool?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by issendorf:

Is it street-legal though? Or will it just have to sit in my yard looking cool?

I don’t think they are street legal in time of peace. The treads tear up the pavement. :)

Flag Post

You always have your head buried in the sand, don’t you?

http://americaswatchtower.com/2009/04/14/homeland-security-classifies-returning-us-veterans-as-potential-terrorist-threat/

“the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.”

Now, just where did it say that ALL of them……?
When we need jake-o to do his hyperbole trick….he fails us. LOL

Something that could be seen as some form of “support” for the above quote comes from a documentary on the Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club. Many of the returning WWII vets had a form of post-traumatic stress syndrome. They experienced some really bad shit that basically changed them deeply and thereby made reintegration into society very difficult. Many were thought to be “danger junkies” who liked the adrenaline high of combat. Many different causes brought these various ppl together….initially, a luv of biking. Well, drinkin’, smokin’, drugin’, & fuckin’ seemed to have some commonality, too.

Flag Post

“americaswatchtower.com” huh? What an awesome and reputable, unbiased source.

And you know Obama is afraid of veterans and their “imminent” attack on him because he said this and it’s been recorded in the news somewhere, right?

Flag Post

There are NON-combat veterans and COMBAT veterans.
The later aren’t ALL fucked up to the point of being “future terrorists”.
Even the simplist of minds should know THAT.

Flag Post

Oh, I agree Karma. that wasn’t my point. It is the Homeland Security that issued the memorandum on this. I admire combat veterans and the service they have given to our country. I consider them heroes. It is the government that is issuing these statements.

Flag Post

Oh, I agree Karma. that wasn’t my point. It is the Homeland Security that issued the memorandum on this. I admire combat veterans and the service they have given to our country. I consider them heroes. It is the government that is issuing these statements.

Good grief, man. Are YOU so thick that ya aren’t able to understand the basic concept that HS DID NOT SAY ALL? Whereas it is YOU who are implying that it did? Do ya ever get so dizzy going-round-&-round-&-round that ya just fall over?