What if the Central Powers won WW1?

39 posts

Flag Post

This one will take a bit of thinking, I will give my opinion after I hear a few others

Flag Post

It’s quite difficult to say.

It would have depended heavily on the terms the Central Powers forced upon the defeated Entente. Looking at the Treaty of Brest Litovsk though I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say that they would have been as harsh, if not more so. If we are to assume that is the case, then I would think the rise of fascism in Europe would have occured in Britain and France in response to the Depression and the oppression of the Central Powers, as did occur in Germany.

Would there have been a Second World War? Perhaps. Would the US join on the Allied side after suffering defeat in 1917? Perhaps not. Defeat may have strengthened their isolationism.

Flag Post

Depends on what kind of victory. Did they overrun France? Did they invade England? Did they press on and invade the US? Or did they simply hold out until the Allies sued for peace?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AaronB:

Depends on what kind of victory. Did they overrun France? Did they invade England? Did they press on and invade the US? Or did they simply hold out until the Allies sued for peace?

This is the biggest point.

Where was the turning point? Perhaps the US didn’t enter the war at all?

Flag Post

Maybe. I think a more interesting question would be what would have happened if WWI never happened. Every single event since 1914 has been influenced by WWI.

Flag Post

I think the biggest turning point was the tank. They crushed the German lines, they revolutionized warfare. Pretty much all major advances in warfare occurred in WWI (the tank, the plane, the dreadnought…)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1132:

I think the biggest turning point was the tank. They crushed the German lines, they revolutionized warfare. Pretty much all major advances in warfare occurred in WWI (the tank, the plane, the dreadnought…)

They have the dreadnought before WW1…

Flag Post

If you follow the Von Schlieffenplan it would be the following for Germany: in 6 weeks they would have conquered France or just Lorraine/Alsace and the parts that the Russians got in the east. Austria-Hungary got Servia. You might want to read up your history or at least Wikipedia. ^^

Von Schlieffen wasn’t Hitler, he just wanted their parts back that had been conquered earlier. He learned from the battles of Napoleon in the East that he shouldn’t push to far.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mattstephen6:

They have the dreadnought before WW1…

Right. It was the modern battleship we got out of WWI. But Dreadnought sounds so cool…

Flag Post

What if you never made this thread and instead we made a wwi thread and kept all of the meaningless hypotheticals there?

Oh, and we would’ve eventually become like any other precinct of the UK, with nearly the same amount of success (America wins because of its geography, not who’s running the show), perhaps with less immigration. That said, we did kind of encourage the entire democracy/rights thing that all of the other first worlds are doing now that we’ve stopped.

Flag Post

Or what if there was a thread for all meaningless hypothetical questions?

Flag Post

We got steal ships from the civil war. Thanks southern slavedrivers. Not southerners in general, but the ones who had slaves.

Flag Post

The ironclad isn’t that closely related to the battleship. And the Italians, Brazilians, Austrians, English, and the French all had ironclads. Pretty much everyone had ironclads.

Flag Post

The ironclad isn’t that closely related to the battleship. And the Italians, Brazilians, Austrians, English, and the French all had ironclads. Pretty much everyone had ironclads.

and Dreadnoughts cant forget the Dreadnoughts

Flag Post

1859: La Gloire

Civil war bla bla bla

Flag Post

What?

Flag Post

What?

Every country had dreadnoughts.

Please discuss what wouldve happened if Germany,Austria/Hungary, Turkey and their allies won WW1. Not what if the war didnt happen, their is a thread for that already

Flag Post

I know. I started that thread. I think that Russia, Britain, and France would have signed an armistice like the one the Germans had to sign. Britain and Russia might have gotten out of the worst of it (Russia’s just so big, and I think Britain might been able to maintain some naval dominance). WWII still might have happened, with Russia and France as “the Axis” (without the Nazis). Britain tries to remain neutral as Russia and France crush an ill prepared Germany and her allies, waiting to see how the US will react. And by the way, the Dreadnought is a ship and a type of ship, so you could use it to describe any battleship post 1904.

Flag Post

Well, France would of been taken over most likely, but i doubt Britain would of, i mean, we were winning fairly well, the US gave a helping hand so if they had won, it would be the US, Russia and Britain vs Germany and Austria/Hungary, i really think we would of won even if we lost France.

Flag Post

Where would we attack from? Seaborne invasions were changing, and the Allies didn’t do a good job of that. Russia had bungled things, and the Italian front wasn’t going to well. Romania?

Flag Post

Where would we attack from? Seaborne invasions were changing, and the Allies didn’t do a good job of that. Russia had bungled things, and the Italian front wasn’t going to well. Romania?

Send a hell of a naval force to part of France, break all the German naval lines then quickly ship in men on boats and get them prepared to fight. Or come in from Russia and attack Germany head on, if we were winning they would call a load of their troops back, then a great time to hit their navy and ship people in.

Flag Post

You really don’t understand warfare to well, do you? Sending “a hell of a force” doesn’t work that easily.

Flag Post

You really don’t understand warfare to well, do you? Sending “a hell of a force” doesn’t work that easily.

…uhhhh, normally if an army outnumbers it wins, im not saying every time but most times, if you have a ‘hell of a force’ and they have hardly any force, you win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jonny666:

…uhhhh, normally if an army outnumbers it wins, im not saying every time but most times, if you have a ‘hell of a force’ and they have hardly any force, you win.

It all depends on the location. In a narrow pass a smaller army could easily beat a large one. In an open field,the larger army would triumph.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:
Originally posted by Jonny666:

It all depends on the location. In a narrow pass a smaller army could easily beat a large one. In an open field,the larger army would triumph.

Yeah, maybe in ancient times, but in modern warfare an airstrike would merely be called, even in 1914 they had planes which they shot out of, the army would of merely done that until a retreat, they were all dead or were forced to go out into larger area, but your point is a good one.