procrastination

84 posts

Flag Post

i guess life is really just procrastination, waiting to die really. there’s not much of a point to life, besides reproduction, if ya look at it from a biological standpoint. a spirtual standpoint to be righteous in god’s eyes. wtf is wrong with the way things are? i didn’t choose my life as far as i can recall, so why am i here? was i forced into this life just like everyone else? does anybody else even ruminate upon such eccentricical thoughts or what….

Flag Post

Looks like you’re on the path to existential nihilism ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jabor:

like i’m not saying i’m nihilistic or not, but could you tell me what you would define it as?

Flag Post

The simple answer I always repeat to myself is that life is a gift. It is better to have it than not.

Flag Post

like i’m not saying i’m nihilistic or not, but could you tell me what you would define it as?

Define what as?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pertokeyo:

The simple answer I always repeat to myself is that life is a gift. It is better to have it than not.

but how do you know the state[if there is one] before consciousness isn’t better? or maybe death is better? my life is a pile of crap, so i don’t value it too much. it’s not bad because of my own doings, mostly things i had no say in

Flag Post
Originally posted by Agentius100:

but how do you know the state[if there is one] before consciousness isn’t better? or maybe death is better? my life is a pile of crap, so i don’t value it too much. it’s not bad because of my own doings, mostly things i had no say in

So the question is do you take your chances with suicide.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Iceburn:

Define what as?

what he views as nihilistic

Flag Post

honestly i’m scared to die, because idk what comes after life. it could be nothingness, or judgement etc. if i knew it was something favorable i’d jump right on board

Flag Post

Define what as?

Do you not know what nihilism is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Flag Post

Define what as?

regardless of the “wikipedia definition” some people might not always be accurate at their interpretations

Flag Post

I take my chances with life because it is the highest probability. I gamble with what I see and know, not what religious fanatics who got their ideas from hearsay think.

Flag Post

I take my chances with life because it is the highest probability. I gamble with what I see and know, not what religious fanatics who got their ideas from hearsay think.

the highest probability of what? getting beat down by the societal machine,or the highest probability that you’ll conform? society, humans, earth;it all seems so ridiculous. like a joke even. society doesn’t work efficiently towards any goal other than self destruction and genocide. i.e. global warming, war, racial tensions,terrorism,religious crusades. give me a break

Flag Post

Define what as?

regardless of the “wikipedia definition” some people might not always be accurate at their interpretations

existential nihilism has a very concrete definition: the belief that life has no meaning. Does this apply to you?

Flag Post

Define what as?

existential nihilism has a very concrete definition: the belief that life has no meaning. Does this apply to you?

yeah it does. when i say it applies to me, i mean there is no logical meaning, nor one that’s palpable

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jabor:

why did you add a smiley face at the end there? Is this a positive thing now?

Flag Post

eh i’ll write a long comment on this later……..

Flag Post
Originally posted by benDstraw:

uhhh…lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by benDstraw:

+1

Flag Post

…the highest probability of what?

There is a higher probability that life is better because I can measure life and life’s potential. Since I’m a perfectionist the best that life can get, based on biological perceptions, is better than what is extremely unlikely to come after.

Flag Post

…the highest probability of what?

There is a higher probability that life is better because I can measure life and life’s potential. Since I’m a perfectionist the best that life can get, based on biological perceptions, is better than what is extremely unlikely to come after.

hell ya never know. death might be like getting out of one car and into another. and if death is the ultimate finality, everyone better enact anarchy

Flag Post

Nihilism and Anarchy FTW

Flag Post
Originally posted by H2BHforever:

Nihilism and Anarchy FTW

that’s a rather odd combination

Flag Post

Moral and Existential Nihilism and Anarchy FTW

fix’d I think.

Nvm read this
1. An extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence.
2. A doctrine holding that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
3. Rejection of all distinctions in moral or religious value and a willingness to repudiate all previous theories of morality or religious belief.
4. The belief that destruction of existing political or social institutions is necessary for future improvement.

Flag Post

Moral and Existential Nihilism and Anarchy FTW

fix’d I think

how fix’d