procrastination page 4

84 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Agentius100:
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

You were not asked any loaded questions, and it was you that called us ignorant.

Explain to me how “define X” is a loaded question

your a real bright guy

i’d love to meet you in real life

As would I.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Agentius100:

You were not asked any loaded questions, and it was you that called us ignorant.

Explain to me how “define X” is a loaded question

your a real bright guy

i’d love to meet you in real life

As would I.

what would you do if you did?

Flag Post

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Flag Post

We die from oldness because the world was condemned to 7000 years of Hell, since our foreparents Adam and Eve ate the damn forbidden fruit. However, the 7000 years of Hell are coming to an end, and when God will have fixed things, people will live forever and happily.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pertokeyo:

The simple answer I always repeat to myself is that life is a gift. It is better to have it than not.

But what is the point in living it though. If it has no meaning, why carry on? Even if you choose to enjoy life, ALL your enjoyment will mean nothing since it will help you accomplish nothing and it’s completely illogical to do it.

A lot of “atheists” say the same thing: “Enjoy life, because there is no afterlife”

That doesn’t make much sense and they are probably, really, agnostic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

But what is the point in living it though. If it has no meaning, why carry on?

Meaning is entirely subjective. So whatever meaning makes you happy, is ideal. Mine is changing the lives of others for the better, and making a real difference in the world. Winning a nobel prize would be nice as well – not the prize itself, having made that kind of difference to our civilisation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:
Originally posted by Pertokeyo:

The simple answer I always repeat to myself is that life is a gift. It is better to have it than not.

But what is the point in living it though. If it has no meaning, why carry on? Even if you choose to enjoy life, ALL your enjoyment will mean nothing since it will help you accomplish nothing and it’s completely illogical to do it.

A lot of “atheists” say the same thing: “Enjoy life, because there is no afterlife”

That doesn’t make much sense and they are probably, really, agnostic.

Meaning is a silly concept to refer to life. Life doesn’t need to have meaning.

When you live, there are various things, some fun some not. When you are dead, there is nothing, absolutely nothing. So why would I pick death over life?

And if I know I will probably only live once, for a limited amount of time and being dead will happen after that, for an infinite amount of time… I would be foolish stop being alive and go straight to being dead.

Flag Post

I’ll post some other time.

Flag Post

I want to leave my mark on the world, leave it in a better place then where I left it, it doesn’t have to be something big, I just want to say I contributed to the world when I’m about to die.

EDIT: aaaaand I just read vika’s post. Basically I agree with her.