See you all in a black hole! page 3

69 posts

Flag Post

No worries. I hear he owns a crowbar and keeps it in the lab.

Flag Post

crowbars are always available in every high-energy physics experiment. Just in case. So there really is no reason to worry about anything.

Flag Post

Unless your name ISN’T Morgan Freeman. Or Paul. Or whatever it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FarmingFoolPig:
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Sounds like your dad is woefully uneducated. Tell me, is he a car dealer?

Science isn’t wrong, it may be inaccurate, but that’s only because it attempts to unite all the facts into a cohesive theory. As we gain more facts, the theories become more accurate.

no he is not uneducated he is smart also he is a farmer and that is what i want to be we do not live anywhere near a city nor a car dealer

people keep asking me odd things on my page and stuff here

i just hope for all our sake science is right about this stuff

Science isn’t wrong, it may be inaccurate, but that’s only because it attempts to unite all the facts into a cohesive theory. As we gain more facts, the theories become more accurate.

no he is not uneducated he is smart also he is a farmer and that is what i want to be we do not live anywhere near a city nor a car dealer

So you’re telling us your dad is smart and always right, because he lives far away from major educational institutes?

EDIT Wow holy shit what happened to this it seems to multi-quoted. I dunno formating decently for this forum, so… If someone can fix this I’ll edit the post and plop’er in.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

not possible to create man made black hole

Flag Post

Canadian, modern farming techniques are pretty complex. There is such a thing as an agricultural college. His father could be very well educated.

Not that FFP is telling even a modicum of truth, but that’s beside the point.

Also:

Originally posted by sargentGuy:

i don’t know any science and am not paying attention

Flag Post
Originally posted by BombCog:

Canadian, modern farming techniques are pretty complex. There is such a thing as an agricultural college. His father could be very well educated.

Also:

dude he’s a she

Flag Post
Originally posted by superfastjelly:
Originally posted by BombCog:

Also:

dude he’s a she

woah harsh,if only i could mix boron,mercurey and calicum together then make you drink it

Flag Post

Would you like to provide something to back that statement up?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CanadianOverlord:

So you’re telling us your dad is smart and always right, because he lives far away from major educational institutes?

EDIT Wow holy shit what happened to this it seems to multi-quoted. I dunno formating decently for this forum, so… If someone can fix this I’ll edit the post and plop’er in.

well he went to college years ago to learn agriculture so yea he is smart and runs a large farm! nearly 300 acres and he uses gps and advanced maps from space and all that

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vlood:

that would help actually

Flag Post

that would help actually

oh,i thought you were going to back YOUR therorey, space rifts occur all the time yet he we are

Flag Post

that would help actually

Then by all means please provide some proof.

Flag Post

The topic see you in a black hole doesn’t make any sense at all.That is because,If I were to get sucked into a black hole,you will not see me exactly inside of it.This is because,well the black hole is the most power full thing in the universe.If it sucks me in the light from my body will turn into total darkness,because the black hole sucked it off of me,Making me as black as the time before the big bang. All the light waves that were bouncing off and on me from the energy of the objects around me in space were totally sucked in by the black hole as well as me.What happens to me as I am inside of a black hole well its not going to look like gravitational lensing because that is only around the black hole.My body will simply start to turn into the shape of a noodle as other scientist say it that way,and then I will die because of the extremely hot temperatures inside of the black hole.There is son much heat inside of a black hole because,Since the light gets captured and is sucked into the black hole so much that you wont see it,that light is also radiation.It is also so hot because of the gasses the black hole sucked in.Even the gasses that were in the black hole when it was created from a star is there.

Flag Post

Guys, no matter what happens, don’t forget to give tip to your waiter.
Cuz if you forgot it, we are certain to die by a meteor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CTSG:

So the LHC will be running some tests today again. This time they will be using much bigger power than before. I’ve been trying to research if they will use the maximum power today, but I couldn’t find any info about this.

Here is the webcast schedule and here is the webcast itself.

So what do you guys think about this black hole theory? Sounds a little unreal, like once again media want to add some drama to very natural things. But if there is really a risk for a black hole to pop up on earth and start sucking things, then well… I guess it’s worth our attention.

PS. Webcast is already on, so enjoy watching. :] See you in a black hole!

My 2 cents..

Since the black hole is on earth, it can destroy the planet only if its gravitational pit is greater than Earth.. i highly doubt they can creat such a big thing.. if they will create a black hole it will be like atomic size.. it will disappear in seconds..

Btw the Cern final goal is to create anti-matter (fuel) to make new solar system spaceships? Hmm maybe they are just exploring matters, which in far away future will lead to amazing discoveries..

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheKnifeGrinder:
Btw the Cern final goal is to create anti-matter (fuel) to make new solar system spaceships?

We can already create antimatter in colliders. The problem is storing it. By the time we detect it, it has just smashed into matter…

Right now, we have no way of collecting it for later use.

Hmm maybe they are just exploring matters, which in far away future will lead to amazing discoveries..

The point is to test theoretical physics, and find out more about the particles our universe is made out of at the most fundamental levels. Yes, this will lead to a greater understanding, which in turn will lead to practical applications down the line.

Also nice choice of Disney movie. I’m surprised any teen has even seen that old exploration and robotics one.

Flag Post

Also there is the slight practical problem that if we could store antimatter we only create a few particles each collision. So it would be more effective to just build a bigger rocket for now.