Human Animal Genetic Manipulation

30 posts

Flag Post

How far will we go? In 2003 China combined human and rabbit DNA in an embryo. Whether or not this means that human animal mixes, or “Chimeras”, will one day be a reality is controversial but let’s say that someone, let’s call this person Person X, invents a thing that allows people to switch between and anthropomorphized version of an animal like in werewolf legends to a human form. Eventually this “underground species” if you will grows large enough to become a minority, what happens then? The scary thing is this theoretically could be happening right now. You may ask, so why would this even matter? The answer is that this could result in everything from economic changes to genocide. Because while we can all get along peacefully, would people really accept another species living with them? NOTE:The article from newsmax is simply for proof of evidence, the opinions of people in the article may not reflect the opinions of ColonelImbu and should be ignored.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/8/14/153903.shtml

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/WolfNinja101/AnthroWolf3.png&imgrefurl=http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf/WolfNinja101/AnthroWolf3.png%3Fo%3D129%26sortby%3Dtotalcomment&usg=__vM_r9fk3p1r_jJuT-hswLubyFFs=&h=640&w=379&sz=251&hl=en&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=l0o5l3kRSrGcfM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfox%2Banthro%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1 (An Example of an anthropomorphized fox, not mine.)

Flag Post

I agree completely with the idea of Genetic Manipulation.

Flag Post

If it is sentient, give it human rights. If not, it’s just another animal. A lot of that article was about theologists being outraged, but screw them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ColonelImbu:

How far will we go? In 2003 China combined human and rabbit DNA in an embryo. Whether or not this means that human animal mixes, or “Chimeras”, will one day be a reality is controversial but let’s say that someone, let’s call this person Person X, invents a thing that allows people to switch between and anthropomorphized version of an animal like in werewolf legends to a human form. Eventually this “underground species” if you will grows large enough to become a minority, what happens then? The scary thing is this theoretically could be happening right now. You may ask, so why would this even matter? The answer is that this could result in everything from economic changes to genocide. Because while we can all get along peacefully, would people really accept another species living with them?

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/8/14/153903.shtml

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/WolfNinja101/AnthroWolf3.png&imgrefurl=http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf/WolfNinja101/AnthroWolf3.png%3Fo%3D129%26sortby%3Dtotalcomment&usg=__vM_r9fk3p1r_jJuT-hswLubyFFs=&h=640&w=379&sz=251&hl=en&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=l0o5l3kRSrGcfM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfox%2Banthro%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1 (An Example of an anthropomorphized fox, not mine.)

Sentient or not, they’d be wiped out. Unless, of course, they were smarter and stronger than us, enough to overcome our numbers. Then they would wipe us out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CanadianOverlord:

If it is sentient, give it human rights. If not, it’s just another animal. A lot of that article was about theologists being outraged, but screw them.

Please do not screw theologists. It means they’ll breed.

This is part of what I’ve been looking forwards to: The ability to anthromorphise humanity into whatever we wish it to be. Saying that, I think I remember a cactus/human hybrid. It was capable of growing (and did) human hair, instead of spines.

Flag Post

This is bad. People are not supposed to play God!

Flag Post
Originally posted by mafefe:

This is bad. People are not supposed to play God!

Why not?

Flag Post

OH HELL NO!

Don’t you see what this means? As if we haven’t had enough furries on the internet, now they will become real!

No to this. This is bull**t.

Flag Post

Madman:But if it does become real, what would you do? If they’re sentient, then they’d (Maybe) have the same rights as you.

Flag Post

There’s some real primal uncanny-valley-type creepiness if you really saw an anthropomorphed animal. Just thinking about cacti with mullets is giving me the shivers. I do appreciate the technology and what it could mean for survivability and adaptability, but what happens when you lose the cohesiveness of humanity as a species instead of a thought-identity?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Madman0311:

OH HELL NO!

Don’t you see what this means? As if we haven’t had enough furries on the internet, now they will become real!

No to this. This is bull**t.

Flag Post

what does this mean for us breeding could a wolf-man reproduce with a human?

rich people would be the first to be able to afford genetic advancments so if we can reproduce this could very well creat a split into a superior race and then on of the regular humans as slaves

Flag Post

Wow, you guys are overreacting completely. If they are sentient, then treat them as human. If not, then treat them as animals , but don’t kill them just because of what they are.

EDIT: By treat them as animals, I mean how I would treat my pet duck, not how Mr. Sicko would treat whatever animal he comes across.

Flag Post

Since they aren’t people, would slavery be justified?

Flag Post
Originally posted by mafefe:

Since they aren’t people, would slavery be justified?

Not if they had the same or a similar intelligence level.

Flag Post

Oh goody… I always wanted a manticore or chimera. A tame and domesticated one please. Preferably toilet trained.

Flag Post

Isn’t showing pain just a biological mechanism for invoking the empathy of your attacker? I am certain Sea Cucumbers have self-preservation, they just don’t scream and flail when you eat part of them. I think we will be disturbingly surprised how easy sentience is to achieve with robots.

Flag Post

Madman:But if it does become real, what would you do? If they’re sentient, then they’d (Maybe) have the same rights as you.

The people who will chose this will most likely be the furries we all hate. I will make sure to grab a shotgun and do the world a favor. No wolfmen will have sex with foxwomen on the sidewalks of my neighborhood.

Flag Post

You don’t want to see acutely for 100s of yards? Or have the metabolism that allows you to eat once a month? The hindquarters to run 50 miles per hour? This is all hyperbole, but the point remains: You would go half-animal if it meant superpowers. I know I would. I am not a furry.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Madman0311:

The people who will chose this will most likely be the furries we all hate. I will make sure to grab a shotgun and do the world a favor. No wolfmen will have sex with foxwomen on the sidewalks of my neighborhood.

Not everyone hates furries. Please take your intolerance elsewhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheBSG:

You don’t want to see acutely for 100s of yards? Or have the metabolism that allows you to eat once a month? The hindquarters to run 50 miles per hour? This is all hyperbole, but the point remains: You would go half-animal if it meant superpowers. I know I would. I am not a furry.

Just don’t start posting pictures all over Kongregate or other forums/boards of you and your furry friends having orgies.

Flag Post

^ That would only happen to my offspring or clones… subjected to many criterias. And I really don’t know of its good idea if only certain elites have that priviledge.

Flag Post

That argument could apply to any piece of technology. People make the same arguments with every piece of new technology and then no one learns from their mistakes when the new piece of technology basically changes nothing and only translates our former culture into a more complex expression of the same human condition.

Flag Post

That argument could apply to any piece of technology. People make the same arguments with every piece of new technology and then no one learns from their mistakes when the new piece of technology basically changes nothing and only translates our former culture into a more complex expression of the same human condition.

^True that…. My concern is that this particular technology is able to breed a new (superior) race. And its selective by those who have that technology.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator