New Kongregate APIs Forum

14 posts

Flag Post

Hey Devs – We’ve decided it would be helpful to have a dedicated forum for help with Kongregate API integration. The current programming forum is great, but it is usually more about general Actionscript questions. Having this dedicated one will help us answer questions and get feedback about our APIs. This is the first step in an upcoming revamp of our developer documentation.

I’ve also renamed the Programming forum to Game Programming, to make the distinction more clear.

Flag Post

Nice! Thank you.

Flag Post

Ghese, all of these new forums related to game making, I guess you guys are on the roll :)

Flag Post

Sweet ty. I’m making my game and I got a lot of questions about the API.

Flag Post

Shiny new forum :^)

Flag Post

Wat do API NAME and API DESCRIPTION mean, imma noob lol

Flag Post

Move API sticky from programming forum?

Flag Post

Bump… also, the API page has a link to the programming forums. Change that too.

Flag Post

how do i get the blue D back me i maked a game and so wut?

Flag Post

How can I integrate/import kongragateAPI into Unity? (javascript or c#) I’ve gone through other forums already without luck.

Flag Post

Following the examples given by Kongregate for attaching to their server; however, it comes up NULL.

The kongregate loads with the API_AS3_Local object, but kongregate.services is NULL, so I cannot call kongregate.services.connect();

How do I test guest/player access without services?

Flag Post

Why does the kongregate loader need to be added to the stage?
stage.addChild(kongregateLoader);

Declared static it is persistent:
private static var kongregateLoader:Loader=new Loader();

Does adding it to the stage, allow the kongregate app to look/attach to the stage, for what purpose? I load external SWF’s and never need to add them to the stage; and still can access their contents. What is the kongregate app doing? Please educate me. I’m assuming it must STAY as a stage child.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator