Cheaters & Scores

6 posts

Flag Post

So yeah, is it possible to remove a blatant cheater from my game’s score listings? If so, who do I need to talk to?

Flag Post

It’s possible for the admins to. Not sure who does it.

Flag Post

Yes, you can just contact kongregate and ask them to remove the hacked score. However, if its blatantly obvious you can just wait for the automated script to do it (don’t know when it actually runs). Try not to bug Kong for hacked scores if you have a whole ton and its not a super popular game. You can always update the game to make sure its more secure and change the leaderboard name (and the place in the code where you submit) so the old scores are no longer shown.

Flag Post

If there’s an automated script, I’m surprised it hasn’t kicked in since this particular person has had his scores up since the day I published it, and the guy didn’t even try to make it look realistic (10 billion for one, 1 billion for another, and 23 out of 16 achievements? LOL)

Part of why I’ve waited so long is because I didn’t want to bug the Kong staff, but I also don’t want to give the people who play my game(s) the impression that I don’t care about them.

As for making the game more secure, I’d love to know how to do that for future titles, but that might be more suitable for the programming forum. .sol files seem to be the weak link.

Flag Post

Since kongregate has come to such a stage that it comes under the list of the finest gaming sites, the amount of hackers trying to hack in here increases..
I am not so good in like programming etc., but I think steps should be taken to avoid submission of hacking score as it dismotivates the people who spend hours on the game and come on #1 and a hacker comes by and overtakes them..

Flag Post

Hey Aesica, would you mind PMing me the details? Thanks!