Badges

17 posts

Flag Post

Can some1 give me an example API name and what statistic type a would use. Plz just give me an example, not a link to the ‘how to use kongregate API’ or the kongregate developers site, I’ve been there too

Flag Post

UG’s Quick Kong is easy to integrate and use.
In his example (QuickKong.stats.submit("HighScore", 9001);), you’d use a stat of Max type (as you want to submit the highest score of that player), with name HighScore.

Flag Post

Can u post a video of how to use it? I don’t quite understand that (i’m blonde D:)

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

You’ll want to follow the instructions on this link since your games are made with Stencyl. But, a quick summary:

Start with this:

and then you’ll need to add the statistics block so that you have something like this:

In that example, your statistic name on Kongregate would be “Highscore”, the type would be “Max”, and you’d also want to tick the box for “Display in Leaderboards” :)

Flag Post

Ok, thx. But since in my game I want them to have a low score, would I use the ‘min’ type?

Flag Post

Yes, ‘Min’ will sort the scores the other way round to ‘Max’, so the lowest number submitted would be at the top of the highscore board.

Flag Post

K, i’ll let u know if it works or if I have a problem.

Flag Post

Ok, for score and highscore, I clicked create attribute, but what type do I make it?

Flag Post

Both of them will need to be numbers.

Flag Post

K, thank you! hugs Lol

Flag Post

You’re welcome :D

Flag Post

I set it up but it doesn’t work, is this right? (actor specific)

Flag Post

I’d recommend putting the setup Kongregate block as soon as you can – perhaps when your first level is created or whatever – just put it as soon as possible, shouldn’t even have to be in the same actor.

Flag Post

But… I have the setup Kongregate API, is ther a different 1 I need?

Flag Post
Originally posted by darknight000:

I’m just saying put it in as soon as possible anywhere in your blocks. You only need it once of course.
Note also that you’re only trying to submit the score when your actor is created, which might not be good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by darknight000:

I’m just saying put it in as soon as possible anywhere in your blocks. You only need it once of course.
Note also that you’re only trying to submit the score when your actor is created, which might not be good.

Ok… so a scene specific behavior?