get player's sex?

7 posts

Flag Post

I can’t see an API call to find out if the player is male or female.

My game will have a panel where the player chooses a male or female protagonist and I would like to fill in the player’s name automatically under the correct image (it’s customisable so they can edit the name if they don’t want to use it).

I know I could just put their Kong name under both images, but that might cause confusion… it would be better to use the default names (Ben or Diane) for the other character.

TBH I can’t remember if the Kong system even asks this when creating an account, but I figure the information might be there somewhere…

Flag Post

http://developers.kongregate.com/docs/rest/user-info

But it’s dumb to assume that everyone will want a character of their same gender.

Flag Post

Thanks senekis93 looks like that’ll do it.
It’s only a first assumption… like I said, the user can name (and play) either gender character.

Flag Post

Its things like this that really make up the minor parts of a game and make it smart. ;) Way to think ahead.

Flag Post

Don’t forget that a lot of people have not specified a sex or have something like “Alien” as their gender.

Flag Post

You should collect the player’s sex. I am a girl and when i play games i hate having a guy avatar. it is so stupid. There should be girl avatars in gamez too.

Flag Post

I totally agree that kongregate should have some sort of gender thingy ao you dont have people asking all the time! its also a good idea…..