HTML5 Games

4 posts

Flag Post

Hi there
I have a few questions about HTML5 Games on kong.

I found this: “For MMOs, we are willing to host them within an iframe as well, which can open up HTML5 and Java, but those are on an approval-only basis”

So, how this approval works? And how can i add Ads to my HTML5 Game? You have any API for that or can i implement my own Ads? Are there some restrictions for the Ads if I place them myself?

And the game i currently work on is a HTML5 SINGLEPLAYER game. The Target is to create a MMO, but not in the first step.

Cant I host a HTML5 Game if its is singleplayer?

And if I can, what is the max resolution of the iframe where the game is in?

And what APIs can i use with HTML5/JavaScript? Again: – Ads? – Can i sell stuff for Kreds?

Also.. are there other big sides i can host HTML5 Games?

Also.. are there other big sides i can host HTML5 Games?Reason for all that is im a realy beginner in Flash, but good in HTML5 and JavaScript. My little dream is my own game, but i dont wanna learn Flash for that when i can create the stuff also with HTML5.
On the other hand, there is much support for Flash Games, but nearly nothing for HTML5 games.

Also.. are there other big sides i can host HTML5 Games?Reason for all that is im a realy beginner in Flash, but good in HTML5 and JavaScript. My little dream is my own game, but i dont wanna learn Flash for that when i can create the stuff also with HTML5.
On the other hand, there is much support for Flash Games, but nearly nothing for HTML5 games.thx alot for all the infos!

Flag Post

I would be interested in hearing more about Kong’s HTML5 plans as well. I have written a couple of Flash games, but would prefer to do my next games in HTML5 both for the easier (relatively) coding platform and compatibility down the line with Mobile. Would adding the Javascript API to an HTML5 game be sufficient? Would I then upload… where?

Thanks for your time.

Flag Post

Bump, I’d like more information on this as well.

Flag Post

Hello!

I joned Kongregate yesterday and got my game working very fast – sort of. It is a HTML4 + JavaScript game with background music player depending on HTML5 or Flash 8+. I’m using Firefox 17 and game plays properly outside of Kongregate, but it occassionaly happens here, on a first ever game loading – browser cache empty, that music just don’t start. Refreshing the page fixes the problem, but that is not the right solution. Game is loaded through kongregate_shell.html and it works flawlessly except the music issue. Can someone tell me what issues with HTML5 Kongregate has?

If you have some time, check the game yourself and let me know if music started on first attempt or not, thanks!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/subSTRATA/bitcoin-turtle

EDIT:

Fixed. For some reason unknown to me, music player was occassionaly failing to properly initialize at window.onload after parent.kongregate.stats.submit(“Played”,1);