Game Design Forum Guidelines

10 posts

Flag Post

Some quick temporary guidelines until some more established rules are set.

What does belong in Game Design

• Tips on designing a certain game
  • Discussion of game mechanics
  • Discussion on how to increase productivity

What does NOT belong in Game Design

• Code If your topic has code, it might be better suited for Game Programming
  • Collaborations If you are looking to collaborate with another user, try the Collab Forum
  • Game Maker Related You will probably be better off in Game Programming
  • Stencyl Related Try the Stencyl Forum and look for an existing debate thread.

To do and not to do

• Follow the Kongregate conduct guidelines.
  • Try not to make a post just to ‘attack’ another user. It degrades your reputation and will probably be removed by someone.
  • Flag posts! If something is spam flag the the post and someone will check it out. If someone is harassing another user flag them and again someone will check it out. Bonus points for writing a (short) description when you flag and not just putting it as “Spam”

Please leave comments on how you think this forum should be moderated as well as additional rules that should be considered.

Flag Post

You should probably add a link to the general conduct guidelines.

Flag Post
Bonus points for writing a (short) description when you flag and not just putting it as “Spam”

I do this all the time! Where are my bonus points! :P

Looks great for now, but it could probably be vastly expanded on. How about linking to some example threads for each point? (Bit ambitious at the moment, but this sub-forum is already growing rapidly)

Flag Post

Yes, another sticky is probably going to go up with a highlight of the best threads we have and some good external reading. (And maybe another on rapid game design or something…)

Yer bonus points will be awarded after paying $5.99 for shipping and handling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Yes, another sticky is probably going to go up with a highlight of the best threads we have and some good external reading. (And maybe another on rapid game design or something…)

Yer bonus points will be awarded after paying $5.99 for shipping and handling.

I bet that his bonus points will come in the form of $6 worth of kreds :P

Flag Post

What is everyone’s opinions on Feedback wanted threads?
1) Do they belong here?
2) Should there be a naming convention for them?

Flag Post

1) Do they belong here?

I don’t know. It is game design, but if we keep being nice about them we’ll get lots of Stencyl game feedback threads I think. I think the game’s comments are good enough feedback. If there aren’t many comments that usually means the game fails. But it would be nice to have threads for feedback on larger games with lots of time and effort involved. cough
But I know better than to start one for my games. :P

Flag Post

1) Do they belong here?

I think they’re okay if the game is unreleased, hosted away from Kong, and with no ads (including Mochi etc). In other words – if the developer actually does want feedback, rather than just trying to get a few more views to their game.

Flag Post

1) Do they belong here?

im fine with them as long as its like the recent ‘how should i represent attacks in my game’ one.
i mean it is basically in the same subject as game design…
but ones that are just advertising their game or are like “review my already made game!” probably shouldnt be here

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator