Some quick temporary guidelines until some more established rules are set.
What does belong in Game Design
- Tips on designing a certain game
- Discussion of game mechanics
- Discussion on how to increase productivity
What does NOT belong in Game Design
- Code If your topic has code, it might be better suited for Game Programming
- Collaborations If you are looking to collaborate with another user, try the Collab Forum
- Game Maker Related You will probably be better off in Game Programming
- Stencyl Related Try the Stencyl Forum and look for an existing debate thread.
To do and not to do
- Follow the Kongregate conduct guidelines.
- Try not to make a post just to ‘attack’ another user. It degrades your reputation and will probably be removed by someone.
- Flag posts! If something is spam flag the the post and someone will check it out. If someone is harassing another user flag them and again someone will check it out. Bonus points for writing a (short) description when you flag and not just putting it as “Spam”
Please leave comments on how you think this forum should be moderated as well as additional rules that should be considered.