Visual or Psychological

7 posts

Flag Post

Looking on peoples’ opinions on what would be better:

A very visual game that looks like a dark acid trip. Eerie but colourful.
Or a psychological one where the protagonist is tormented, deranged and above all, detached from reality, living in the enclosed walls of her mind where the actions she believes she carries out, are quiet the opposite to what others see/feel.

I aim to combine both themes together but I’d rather focus mainly on one aspect.

Vote, comment and question! Friendly criticism is welcome.

Thanks! =]

Visual or Psychological

Flag Post

You aren’t going to be able to accurately portray the Psychological aspect without the Visual side.

So I’d say Visual. However, use the visual strongly to create a good psychological impact. Like you said, having both is good =).

Flag Post

I know I’ve got to incorporate both because like you said, one won’t work without the other. The visuals I’m refering to are more psychedelic, dark and eerie which doesn’t exactly mean that will work in a psychological game (well, for the overall theme I’d take to that approach.)

Although, I would love to use some fractal tilesets! =]

Flag Post

Pychological, defintely.
Try to haunt the player and get him to keep thinking about the game even after he’s stopped playing it.

Flag Post

Yes, thats the effect I want!! I know if a game has a significant psychological impact, graphics won’t matter as much. But I want a polished game that is visually great too. Preferablly I want both but honestly, it is not within my skills to deliver both.

All I have spawned to this date is crap and I wish to amend this and deliver something I, and the Kongregate community can be proud of!

Story check, graphics check and building on. What I want is to get the experience right and hopefully someone will appreciate it, even if it is on Stencyl. (Which is awesome, don’t diss Stencyl).

Danny if you have any creative advice, PM me as I want all the feedback I can get!!:D

Flag Post

So it’s a psychological horror game?

Flag Post

As long as it’s not like Psych Horror movies. Which are just like regular horror movies, except at the end, you find out the main character did it.